Cannot get my rod after boat renting expired

ZedMcJack

It happened to me twice so its rather easy to reproduce. Rent a boat and use it (or even do nothing) one day, but leave the rod in the rod holder on boat (press 0). When the rent expire you are teleported to starting location on that map, but the rod is still there in the boat and you cant reach it without using another daily ticket. I guess the same happens if you leave 2 rods although I did not test that.

The fix seems easy one, pack the rods in inventory when the rent expire.

This is not really a bug.  I could understand if you do not receive a warning when the ticket is about to expire, but you do.  What most players do is simply to keep an extra ticket in case they get a fish on they cannot get on in time.  As you said, the best course of action is just to heed the warning given by the game.

Always have atleast 1 one hour ticket for that type of boat and map with you and if you dont want to end up with rods in the holder just pick them up when the warning says you have 1 hr left 

or you can just relog since you are already teleported back to starting position

I know that additional ticket can solve this, or picking up the rods myself. What I thought here is that there is already similar logic implemented in the RF4 - the game packs my rods when I change the waterbody, so the game could do the same here without forcing me to spend another ticket.