m3dic

Spinning Reels

25 minutes ago, Guzomlat said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Trident Mayor Ltd. 6000 reel, was thinking of buying it when I hit 26. Any advice  would be welcome  :)

maybe better off saving up some more get the 8000

5 hours ago, Guzomlat said:

There is no 8000 size Triden Mayor Ltd that I'm aware of, the 6000 is the biggest I see in the shop in Sura, the 19kg one

yer sorry  i got mixed up xD 

i was thinking of the trident everest 8000s

13 minutes ago, Guzomlat said:

Seems too expensive for just a 3kg drag diference, or is there something else about it that makes it worth the double price?

with the trident everest 8000s  you can have more line on it that to me is a win

17 minutes ago, blute2 said:

with the trident everest 8000s  you can have more line on it that to me is a win

but 2x the repair cost

Question about what happens as your equipment wears down. Assuming the setup is fairly balanced, like a 30kg rod, 14kg reel and 13.5kg line, as the reel components (or rod, or line for that matter) get more worn does it increase the time it takes to land a big fish or does it increase the chance of the rod or line breaking during a fight? Sorry if this has been asked and answered- didn't see it anywhere, and thank you.

On 2/25/2018 at 9:28 AM, Fishnatic said:

Question about what happens as your equipment wears down. Assuming the setup is fairly balanced, like a 30kg rod, 14kg reel and 13.5kg line, as the reel components (or rod, or line for that matter) get more worn does it increase the time it takes to land a big fish or does it increase the chance of the rod or line breaking during a fight? Sorry if this has been asked and answered- didn't see it anywhere, and thank you.

the wear on an individual item will affect the weight capacity and  will be reduced on the individual item. for example the reel has 10 percent wear and your weight capacity will be lowered by 10 percent.

Thank you for that. Can you tell me does wear increase the chance of the rod or reel or line breaking or does it increase the time it takes to land the fish?

35 minutes ago, Fishnatic said:

Thank you for that. Can you tell me does wear increase the chance of the rod or reel or line breaking or does it increase the time it takes to land the fish?

the wear does have an impact on the time to land a fish. also the wear on each item will impact on breaking point of items. for example more wear on the line the more chance it will break. 

• Like 1

im trying to match a reel with a rod. however i have no clue what test means on the rod. it says 5-35 g test. well test to my usa self means the strength of the line. like 5 lb te

st 8 lb test or 2kg test if you use metric. however like 60 g test would = line that could only handle a 1 oz fish. totally lost. and why is this forum for such a great game and about to become huge when it hits the steam an absolute nightmare to navigate. people should be able to make topics then people respond under a category. not all discussion about one category in one thread. this is pretty horrific. i only mention this because i am really starting to love the game and want only the best for it.  and for the love of god please give us a conversion option for metric or english/standard. i will be at mosqito happily digging worms. i really am starting to love the game 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Love the game and want it to be better- that's how I feel but the development team chooses to ignore us for the most part. Whether or not they are working on stuff we complain about- that is unknown. 

As for the line question- I just ignore the weight of the line (the spec measured in grams) and look at the kg rating- that is what matters and is always listed. So take the line rating and choose one that is no heavier than the reel's drag rating or rod's limit. You probably already figured it out but say you have a rod that is rated for a max of 10kg and a reel that has a max drag rating of 7.5kg choose a line that's rated at no more than 7.5kg (and probably safer to go slightly lower, like 7kg if it's available). This way the line will break and you just lose the hook and bobber not the more expensive rod or reel.

5 minutes ago, Fishnatic said:

Love the game and want it to be better- that's how I feel but the development team chooses to ignore us for the most part. Whether or not they are working on stuff we complain about- that is unknown. 

As for the line question- I just ignore the weight of the line (the spec measured in grams) and look at the kg rating- that is what matters and is always listed. So take the line rating and choose one that is no heavier than the reel's drag rating or rod's limit. You probably already figured it out but say you have a rod that is rated for a max of 10kg and a reel that has a max drag rating of 7.5kg choose a line that's rated at no more than 7.5kg (and probably safer to go slightly lower, like 7kg if it's available). This way the line will break and you just lose the hook and bobber not the more expensive rod or reel.

thanks the info. yea i knew about making sure your line is the weakest link in the chain : ).   as to the devs, i have never met one yet who was good at both public relations and game creating lol. the smart ones use  their mods and administrators to bridge the gap. another thing is the fact they are russian and may not be the best at english. goggle translator and russian to english is dodgy to say the least lmbo. i am game mod for another game and i always get a twitch when i do a ticket for someone speaking russian. hopefully they will get an official discord up and running soon and start to get the english users more onboard involved and informed. they are getting ready for steam so i am betting they are full tilt into that and the fact this english version just came out not long ago. just be a little patient. im sure they will get some people in to help.

1 hour ago, Zed895 said:

Hi guys, can I put a reel onto a telescopic rod?

Thanks,

Z.

Nop, only in bolognese rods for fishing float

54 minutes ago, RickGepeto said:

Nop, only in bolognese rods for fishing float

OMG in the reality I have a telescopic rod with a shimano reel... I had hope that this game will be better than FP, but...

Thanks anyway.

Could someone tell me the reel mayor 19 kgassembly repair ? Oil, break, etc ... thank you very much.
Edited by yseraysera

26 minutes ago, ZergSK said:

If repair time is 1 day i dont have to be online right ? :D

All repairs are done only when you are logged into the game only.

Spoiler

5ac835b3ead56_everest226.2.thumb.png.77ddf5c20fba56024d89046a3ae9816d.png
5ac835c2bb06b_everest127.5.jpeg.b24b4a7c047223602899c6b6f150051b.jpeg

Well, I would love to know what's the point on that repair price difference, and really want to know why this one got discontinued. And if it's discontinued, should not have more replace parts? as IRL, it gets obsolete and people doesn't repair/have parts to replace. Both reels 8000s and 22kg, I don't get why that huge difference... Please, isn't only my question, lot of people ask that, i'm just being the spokesman, be honest with us.

I would like to discuss medium-light equipment as I use it extensively at Kuori to capture trout and char. At the moment I own two spinning ML bonus rods : the Cardena SPM78 and the Inspiration SPM78 which I combine with the Gold 30s reel.

Almost all the ML rods at the moment come with a 25% bonus on XP and therefore all have a limit of 3000 on the maximum reel size. So I analyzed the 3000 reels available on the shop. The problem is that only the Gold 30s has the characteristics that allow it to mount 290 meters of 0.15 line, respecting the 8kg max drag of the reel itself.

All the other 3000 models have more drag power,  but can carry less line in the reel, making them unsuitable for Kuori's big trout. In fact, a 6.5 kg lake trout is able to take about 3/4 of the line from the reel. I would like to be able to exploit the load power of the Cardena (26.5kg) but my fear is to invest many silver on reels that will not even be able to bring 200m of line, thus making trout fishing very risky.

So I'm here with a series of technical questions:

1. Have some of you already used  high-level 3000 reels like the Zeiman Commandor 30s, Trident Mayor 2500s, Trident Mayor ltd 2500s, Zeiman Z-Series 30s? How they behave? how much line can they fit below the minimum measurements indicated in the data sheet?

2. Is it foreseen the introduction in the future of 3000 reels able to support more line, thus making them suitable for the numerous ML rods already present in the game?

3. Which of the 3000 reels are more suitable for pure spinning?

Before investing many silver in one of these reels I would be interested in the opinion of the most experienced fishermen.

Thank you so much.

Edited by JunkyJuke

Hi guys! 

I am using Sabre 9/10kg's reels right now for feeder/spinning fishing. 
Im thinking about upgrading, now with the new Sputnik, should I get the Gold reels or Sputnik's ? 

(lvl 21)

Edited by Ezzen

in same workshop at same time, same reels,

reel 1, grease wear 8,7% 5,39 silver to repair

reel 2, grease wear 6,9% 42,68 silver to repair

so what else influence on price of repair except wear of item (in this case grease)