m3dic

Spinning Reels

Hi there!

After reading З's post, I wanted to know if it's worth to buy Venga or not :) (for big big fishes in open water :) ).

Can someone enlighten me please? :)

I saw you quoting the Venga Post, I am only back because I made a new post about it at the Bug section klick me this might help you making your decission if you did not do so already. Gl & Hf

I am grinding silver and saving up for end-game gear. My plan is to shoot straight from Alfa 8k setup to Venga 10k However, with the special holiday tackle store offering the Overlord 87, I have to consider this as a stepping stone for a couple of reasons.

First, this reel looks incredible from the stats; almost on par with the Megara and Venga 8k, which each have a little more max drag and better gear ratios, but smaller spool size.  Since rod power was just introduced as a competition attribute, I was wondering if reel size was planned as a future competition attribute. If so, this reel looks like it would compete very well with an 8k size restriction.

Second, the Overlord could be a suitable backup reel to use while a primary reel is in the workshop for repairs.

But I'm also wondering if anyone has used one of these yet. How does it feel? There is a reason the Alfa 8k is considered the best of the early/mid tier reel. It's just such a smooth, solid reel. It's durable, reliable, and just feels right in your hands, where other reels can tend to feel awkward or clunky. (That's one of the things I love about this game. They even get these subtleties right.) I haven't used a Megara or Venga yet, but how does the Overlord feel in comparison to them?

Would anyone recommend this reel? Or is it just some holiday candy that looks sweet, tastes sweet but perhaps leaves a disappointing, sour aftertaste in the form of buyer's remorse?

Hey folks, does anyone own a Zeimen / Minister Phantom bait casting reel? Is it any good? Why it has such a high value, in your opinion? And what rod (light or medium light, why?) would you pair it with? 

10 hours ago, kmartw0w said:

Hey folks, does anyone own a Zeimen / Minister Phantom bait casting reel? Is it any good? Why it has such a high value, in your opinion? And what rod (light or medium light, why?) would you pair it with? 

Hello,
I have it, it's an amazing reel, I paired it with a TroutMaster Light. Pretty much its price goes because of the really low test, which can help you to cast the smallest lures in the game, and still has a decent drag setting, in order to fight a big trophy on spin fishing. Together with all of this, you have the extra experiencie from the light setup. I wouldn't pair it with anything unless Light gear.

Regards,
Pindobinha.

• Like 2