Sign in to follow this  
Bizman

Wind sound

Thank you very much for such a nice game! I've only played it for a couple of weeks now but I already can tell that it's very refreshing. The landscapes and the absence of other players remind me of the countless childhood fishing sessions at our summer cottage by the river. Very relaxing!

The sound environment is also very rich and true to nature, at night you can't hear daybirds etc. The only thing that bugs me is the sound of the wind which prevents me from using earphones although I really like the rest of the sounds. Even when it's calm or almost calm at 1 m/s or so the wind overruns the volume of songbirds and other background sounds which come out at a natural volume. Another suspect is accidentally using the Beaufort scale for the sound (and grass) despite the information given is metric. The movement of the grass doesn't quite match with the lightest winds but that's not a big issue. Then again the water surface seems to be in par with the metric wind values, that looks very natural.

The background hum (I suppose it's wind) reminds me of a nearby crowded highway which is in contrast with the description of Mosquito Lake where I've been fishing so far. Another comparison is the rapid near our summer cottage, it makes a constant hum which can be heard on a calm night when everyone is sleeping. Only an occasional splash of a jumping fish breaks the silence at those wee hour moments.

May I humbly suggest you to check the wind volume and the scale used?

Keep up with the excellent job you've done!

• Like 2