[GUIDE] Lure Making Power Leveling

Ragnarocek

Hello fellow anglers,

today I want to share lure making leveling method that I found on VK. This is the cheapest way to get Making lures skill to 100%.

So what we need ?

Premium account for leveling in "Happy hour" time frame what gives us additional luck percentage.

Lower Volga spoon mold - 113.80 silver
Novgorod spoon mold - 78.90 silver
Serdobsk spoon mold - 153.40 silver
Zander spoon mold - 238.90 silver
885x Express Fishing Stinger Triple S4 - 1.20/pc = 1062 silver (you can demount and reuse hooks after leveling hour)
3x (50) Foam Rubber - 66.50/stack = 199.50 silver
48x (50) Tin bar - 33.25/stack = 1596 silver
44x (50) Sandpaper - 19/stack = 836 silver

Total bill: 4278.5 silver

Leveling steps:

0% - 20% - Novgorod spoon
20% - 36% - Foam-rubber fish 001
36% - 50% - Small Lower Volga spoon
50% - 68.7% - Long Serdobsk spoon
68.7% - 100% - Zander spoon

Total bill is informative as everyone have different luck in gaining %. You should level up from 0-100% in 4 days with leveling during the Happy hour.

So as you see, Zander spoon becomes "new egg dough" for lure making leveling. This guide is tested and considered as working by multiple players.

Thats all from me today 🙂 Feel free to post your thoughts 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

My morning thoughts are more often unlucky than the later ones but here are two of them.

25% of that total cost goes to hooks that you can demount and reuse. Not optimal.

Following that to 100% means that the crafting of all additional lures (which I assume you want to do) is not counted for the progression. Not optimal.

1 hour ago, AlternativeEgo said:

My morning thoughts are more often unlucky than the later ones but here are two of them.

25% of that total cost goes to hooks that you can demount and reuse. Not optimal.

Following that to 100% means that the crafting of all additional lures (which I assume you want to do) is not counted for the progression. Not optimal.

Guide is built with process of demounting hooks. I currently have  662 hooks what is not enough for 1hr leveling... So you can make around 800 lures per hour. And with "lost" hooks you can get easily to 885 hooks. 

And guide is about Power Leveling, not a guide which get you prepared for making top level lures... Same as with hookbaits, where levleing is through Egg dough and will not prepare you to make the mussels or cray fish tail bait making...

So I consider this guide as pretty optimal for  what this guide is dedicated to.

Edited by Ragnarocek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blitzn said:

Just posting my finding after 1 HH

progress when started was 88%

progress when finished was 94.9%

548 units of Zander spoon made

it looks like you need more hooks or material 🙂  I've made 650 lures/hh

Edited by Ragnarocek

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Ragnarocek changed the title to [GUIDE] Lure Making Power Leveling
21 minutes ago, CarpFisherFrank said:

does handmade lure works better than those selling in tackle store(if i choose the right color), i want to knew does it worth enough for me to spend a huge number of silvers on it.

To quote an old answer that still is correct:

"Some handmade lures will be better quality than store purchased lures. Some handcrafted lures will be cheaper than lures you purchase through the stores, when they share the same quality. And with the ability to craft your own lures, you can also make lures with a coloring you cannot get through the stores. Store lures will not become redundant though, as some people will rather choose not to craft their own lures. Or they want a quick and easy ready-to-go lure instead of going through the extra time to craft one."

Basically there is no specific way to answer this.  In some situations handmade lures will work better, in other instances store bought lures may work better.  Handmade lures can work very well, but only you can decide if the investment is worthwhile for you.  Using the method outlined here, it is really not that great an expense.  If you find that it is, many players have the skills and are normally more than willing to make lures for you if you send them the materials.

50 minutes ago, Crucian said:

To quote an old answer that still is correct:

"Some handmade lures will be better quality than store purchased lures. Some handcrafted lures will be cheaper than lures you purchase through the stores, when they share the same quality. And with the ability to craft your own lures, you can also make lures with a coloring you cannot get through the stores. Store lures will not become redundant though, as some people will rather choose not to craft their own lures. Or they want a quick and easy ready-to-go lure instead of going through the extra time to craft one."

Basically there is no specific way to answer this.  In some situations handmade lures will work better, in other instances store bought lures may work better.  Handmade lures can work very well, but only you can decide if the investment is worthwhile for you.  Using the method outlined here, it is really not that great an expense.  If you find that it is, many players have the skills and are normally more than willing to make lures for you if you send them the materials.

thx a lot for your answer🙂

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Thanks for the guide!  From the perspective of being easy without too much variance for materials it is a solid guide from my 0 - 81.5% experience.  

Some constructive thoughts...

With our latest update we no longer need to purchase hooks for crafting.  
In a single happy hour I was able to go from 0% to 81.5% by not having to add and remove hooks.  
For people planning this grind they should be aware to purchase all of the materials prior to beginning as to not waste the HH.  The removal of the hook requirement has made this process much more expedient.  I was expecting to break this up into a more segmented process so I shorted myself some tin but I had enough to get me through my 1st HH.

I made: 

100 Novgorods

101 Foam Rubber Fish 001

92 Lower Volgas

103 Serdobsk  ( I moved to Zanders at 65% instead of the 68.7% bc the skill ups were getting harder to come by.  Don't think it mattered much either way.)

408 Zanders

I'm going to test some variance materials for my final 18.5% for bookmarking later this week if the fishing treats me good.  I can get materials for 50 qty of unpainted wobblers or regular spinner baits for roughly the same cost we are saving for not having to purchase hooks.  I know a 50 count won't take me all the way but for the sake of options I'll be happy to post my findings should others want to choose an alternative method for their last 20%.   

Now what the heck do I do with all these 0-9 level hunks of metal in my inventory?  ¯\_( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ)_/¯

2nd HH

Spinnerbait #3 001 X 50 = 81.5 to 83.7% (0.044 per crafted lure) cost 6.1 silver ea. + 89 silver for file + 469 silver for cutting stamp [500 crafts cost 3,050 silver]

Unpainted Minnow 100s  X50= 83.7 to 86.4%  (0.054 per crafted lure) cost 3.64 silver ea. + 859 for the basic carving knife  [500 crafts cost 1,820 silver]  

Zander #2 X672 =86.4 to 95.7%  (0.0138% per crafted lure) cost 1.045 silver ea. [This cost is 702.24 silver]

Saving 1062 silver from no longer needing hooks you could invest in the basic wood carver knife and craft the unpainted minnow 100s for the last 20% at the cost of an extra 1,617 silver for mats.  Not accounting for the silver you would save on the extra tin and sandpaper you wouldn't need from the zanders.  

The guide is still the cheapest way to level, but the variance I provided should save you 2 HH's.   The minnow skill ups at 0.054% per craft you theoretically can level up with about 370 crafts but I suspect it will slow down like the rest so that's why I included the cost for 500.   If it doesn't get you the full 20% it should get you close.  

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 2:20 PM, Ragnarocek said:

Hello fellow anglers,

today I want to share lure making leveling method that I found on VK. This is the cheapest way to get Making lures skill to 100%.

So what we need ?

Premium account for leveling in "Happy hour" time frame what gives us additional luck percentage.

Lower Volga spoon mold - 113.80 silver
Novgorod spoon mold - 78.90 silver
Serdobsk spoon mold - 153.40 silver
Zander spoon mold - 238.90 silver
885x Express Fishing Stinger Triple S4 - 1.20/pc = 1062 silver (you can demount and reuse hooks after leveling hour)
3x (50) Foam Rubber - 66.50/stack = 199.50 silver
48x (50) Tin bar - 33.25/stack = 1596 silver
44x (50) Sandpaper - 19/stack = 836 silver

Total bill: 4278.5 silver

Leveling steps:

0% - 20% - Novgorod spoon
20% - 36% - Foam-rubber fish 001
36% - 50% - Small Lower Volga spoon
50% - 68.7% - Long Serdobsk spoon
68.7% - 100% - Zander spoon

Total bill is informative as everyone have different luck in gaining %. You should level up from 0-100% in 4 days with leveling during the Happy hour.

So as you see, Zander spoon becomes "new egg dough" for lure making leveling. This guide is tested and considered as working by multiple players.

Thats all from me today 🙂 Feel free to post your thoughts 🙂

Ragnaroceks Guide is probably better today than when it was written. With the advantage of not needing hooks, you save over 1k silver in hook costs, also saving you large amounts of time in mounting the hooks. I do advise you to stick to the guide the poster above me spent an extra 5.5k silver more than the guide to try and expedite the skill ups. I think it is better to hit 100% then go back and craft the lures you need. 

Thank you Ragnarocek for the guide!!!! ❤️❤️ 

Screenshot (336).png

• Like 1