dont know where to put this there isnt a 'water bodies' section for this place...

The Penalty Pond (aka the Prison Pond)

This beautiful pond is truly an angler’s paradise, situated in a secret location, thought to be somewhere in the  Ivankiv Raion region of northern Kiev. Due to its location anglers are not advised to consume the fish they may catch there.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_231757.thumb.png.177a9a69d834b07e5afececc89e37cbf.png

(this spot produced a tench and a few 500-600g crucian and gibel carp, garlic dough and bread seemed to be the preferred baits)

This man made water body is a disused sewage treatment tank, repurposed for recreational sport fishing for those anglers lucky enough to get permission to fish there. Sadly it’s not possible to purchase day tickets and the penalty Pond is available to visiting anglers strictly by invitation only.

The Penalty Pond offers a host of facilities to ensure the angler has a comfortable and pleasant stay there. Not only is the Penalty Pond floodlit by night for night fishing, there is a small administration office where the helpful staff are happy to provide, upon request, complimentary meals and refreshments, complimentary basic fishing tackle, and complimentary baits. These are all included free of charge with every ticket.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_223951.thumb.png.cfd6fdc5758bf7268c9ddbf3a77f23b6.png

(the administration office and a list of the facilities on offer)

There is also a fire pit and a seating area where you may warm yourself by the fire, and make your own hot drinks on those cold northern nights. It should be noted that although you may bring your own tea and coffee to the Penalty Pond, there is a strict No Alcohol Policy. I did manage to smuggle 500 bottles of moonshine into the pond using my ‘prison pocket’ and the staff seemed happy to turn a blind eye.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_223716.thumb.png.8ab2c36f2e36ea90ad886b510c25ae18.png

(the cooking and relaxation area)

The pond is surrounded by beautiful local flora, nettles and cow parsley, growing to quite a height and it’s a tranquil spot to reflect in peace. Other anglers may be there during your stay, but you will not be disturbed, there is a ‘no talking ‘ policy to ensure an undisturbed meditative space for contemplation and relaxation.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_223810.thumb.png.5c8f6a09b73d89a0486c1d98f8e128d4.png

(some local flora for wildlife enthusiasts)

There are a number of species of fish which inhabit the pond, and currently it is stocked with the following species:

·        Common Carp

·        Crucian Carp

·        Gibel Carp

·        Tench

·        Lake Trout.

·        Chinese Sleeper.

(other species may inhabit the waters, but I can’t confirm their presence)

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_214503.thumb.png.528d96ab4e8bc09aa99c2994a820d76e.png

(a pristine 666g gibel carp devilfish hybrid)

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Penalty Pond recently and was provided with a ticket allowing me to catch 15kg of fish. I enjoyed my time there immensely and must express my thanks to the organisers for being so generous with their hospitality.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_230804.thumb.png.583215816618fbaedf65c9dda4968dda.png

(ample floodlighting allows 24 hour sport)

I found the following baits to be of most use, sweet corn, bloodworm, worm,

garlic dough, bread, sweet dough, and pearl barley. 

I used a fixed float setup, and really this pond is a float fisher’s dream. A constant depth of approx. 90cm makes it easy to change location without adjusting the float depth or having to check the depth at all. The water is rather cloudy and groundbait, if possible is essential to guarantee the best sport. Gibel carp and Crucian were the main fish caught on the float rig.

But bottom fishing is without a doubt the tactic to use for those anglers looking for trophy fish. I fished two feeder rods in tandem with my telestick. While I was delighted with a couple of common carp over 2kg, and a hard fighting tench of just over a kilo, I am sure there are trophy fish lurking in the pond’s unexplored depths.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180925_001833.thumb.png.ed6abc15d34c72f2c73a82be0640a0e7.png

(FISH ON! non stop rodbending action on a glorious sunny morning)

The Chinese Sleeper resident in the Penalty Pond are a delight, these beautiful hard fighting fish are sure to bring a smile to any angler’s face. Maggot and worm are essential if you are targeting these timid fish.

Fish populations seemed to be very localized, shoaling in the open water spaces close to and among the algae and water lilies. Once you have found the fish, keep fishing that spot hard, with occasional groundbait ,and you will be rewarded.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_232119.thumb.png.363ee5b5560ad36ac5a319afca5f6247.png

(this was, on my visit the most productive area of the pond)

Sadly it seemed only too soon I had fulfilled my 15 kg bag limit and had to leave, wishing the charming staff a fond farewell.

A word of warning, the pavements surrounding the pond are in a very poor state of repair and care should be taken not to trip as no responsibility will be taken by the management for accidents or deaths on the property.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180924_224901.thumb.png.72b833684fd28055cc9745eb79e4fe82.png

(

(take care on the paved walkways)

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Tyres, oil drums and other floating debris, I would have thought the inmates or visitors would have been made to tidy the place up a bit.

Edited by Cod Eyes
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cod Eyes said:

Tyres, oil drums and other floating debris, I would have thought the inmates or visitors would have been made to tidy the place up a bit.

I believe you're referring to the fish-holding features and artificial reefs that have been installed in this fishery.

• Like 1

I would like to protest the current competion of Levo at Old Burg Lake. (Catching Eel for 48h)

Catching an Eel of +5kg within 5sec is just impossible...pls do some research if this is fair gameplay or is there something more going on.

And I'm not the only one that's having this question, so I hope that it will be checked and not just delete this post.

Thx.

55 minutes ago, PsyQo Gaming said:

I would like to protest the current competion of Levo at Old Burg Lake. (Catching Eel for 48h)

Catching an Eel of +5kg within 5sec is just impossible...pls do some research if this is fair gameplay or is there something more going on.

And I'm not the only one that's having this question, so I hope that it will be checked and not just delete this post.

Thx.

Hi PsyQo Gaming

Eel was caught 58 sec after comp started not 5 sec. All comps are checked before I make payouts , so please don't worry. 

Regards

Levo

Ohhh, Im dumb. I didnt understand the context of your comment since posts were moved. Totally possible tho for guy to catch a trophy as soon as comp starts since eels be eating at night/morning. I get it now. My bad. @PsyQo Gaming

Edited by Tenzen

I thought the carp rd could be used as a 4th rod like have 3  other rods and a carp rod but apparently that isnt so SO i dont know why they even said that when it first cam out. They literally said you can use the carp rod as a 4th rod when all they did was put a 4th slot in the quick menu and you cant use that 4th slot unless you put one of the others up which is not what i thought it would be like. 

1 hour ago, gamesiren said:

I thought the carp rd could be used as a 4th rod like have 3  other rods and a carp rod but apparently that isnt so SO i dont know why they even said that when it first cam out. They literally said you can use the carp rod as a 4th rod when all they did was put a 4th slot in the quick menu and you cant use that 4th slot unless you put one of the others up which is not what i thought it would be like. 

You're completely wrong. You can use spod rod as your 4th rod. It has never been said that carp rods can be used as 4th

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marcoz said:

You're completely wrong. You can use spod rod as your 4th rod. It has never been said that carp rods can be used as 4th

I think i heard someone say it online a couple times maybe they mistakenly said the wrong thing cause i ddi go back and look at RF4 announcments and seen teh SPOD rod but i know i heard someone say it i just cant remember who is was or which video it was on, but that is all my fault for believing  something someone said on a youtube video instead of checking before hand but regardless i needed to buy at least one for now anyways so i kept it regardless just was a lil disappointed is all i think they should allow 4 poles anyways i would love to be able to use one pole for carp one pole for beam one pole for other fish like catfish or randoms and my spinning rod for spinning all at the same time lol

and yes im a bit needy lol apparently

• Like 1

Hello, where does this difference in price come from? pike of 7.773kg 78% 36.33 silver and pike of 8.641kg 90% 32.31 silver. On the same map (Ladoga) to the same fish seller.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181014_031330.thumb.png.dc52f36fae289c9a045351cabe255275.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181009_223041.thumb.png.8483417346c7915e175e5ac68f63be9e.png

The bite RNG needs adjusted bad...   hours spent with only 2 or 3 bites.. is not fun.. I know its a simulator.. but spending 3 hours IRL,  Going different spots and basically using every bait you have in the inventory and Not catching anything.. is a real bummer.   I think the GB rods have skewed the bite RNG bad.   You can get to 80 percent if you cant catch fish

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fallenknight55 said:

The bite RNG needs adjusted bad...   hours spent with only 2 or 3 bites.. is not fun.. I know its a simulator.. but spending 3 hours IRL,  Going different spots and basically using every bait you have in the inventory and Not catching anything.. is a real bummer.   I think the GB rods have skewed the bite RNG bad.   You can get to 80 percent if you cant catch fish

Hi fallenknight55

My suggestion to you is change up your setup of your rods and hook sizes. Most of the fish are hook shy and the predator fish are skittish. So this mean that you have steel leaders on your setup the predator fish will be fewer bites. That goes with hooks as well with different fish species. You can check out Levo post to show you the proper setups that you can make. Here is the link to his post: https://rf4game.com/forum/index.php?/topic/254-levos-guide-setup-suggestions/

Also you can check out the other sub topics under Levo’s Guides he talks about repairs, wear on reels, and weather. I hope this will help you to be a better fisherman and go catch those nice fish.

hello, I had a cane in the water and suddenly broken cane, without touching it, I put a picture of chat
https://gyazo.com/f8aad0e0a88d795faf20664de0aa4941

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, fif said:

hello, I had a cane in the water and suddenly broken cane, without touching it, I put a picture of chat
https://gyazo.com/f8aad0e0a88d795faf20664de0aa4941

Hi fif

This not a bug when you leave your rods untended and fish gets hooked on your line it will break the rod or line,but if your line is stronger than your rod or rod will break instead of your line. You always want your line to be the weakest part of your setup if you are float fishing.

*note this post is going to be move to the right topic.

28 minutes ago, Defyled On Youtube said:

I am trying to post on the forum for a question, but it has so far not allowed me to select something on the select a topic area, any idea why or how to fix this?

Also I am trying to figure out what these symbols mean.

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_152931.jpg

Hi Defyled

For your first question that you can not start a topic on these Forums only Staff Members can.

Your second question is a warning that something is worn out or about to break on your setup.

I hope this helps

jlkeys 

19 minutes ago, Defyled On Youtube said:

Actually I need specifics, rather than not knowing what's going out or falling apart.

But, thank you for clearing up the first question.

You need to go in your inventory and look at your setup that is worn out such as your reel , pole, line, leader, hooks, and lures that you are using.

This is the only way to fine out what is causing warning indicator to light up.