santafesuperstar

Grease is overpriced

Hello Everyone

After the latest update the grease price got a 10 fold increase. 

As the motto of this game is being realistic, this current change in the game is nowhere near in the ballpark of reality.

Going from 20-30 to 300-400 in grease prices is not ok..

For a reference here are some prices from the real world, these aren't for 1 time use only.

Please consider a change

image.png.0df80ebdd1df9a8f429050c47396d9d0.png

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

They have just added the shipping fees.

Edited by Thabid
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello,

if we look at reel prices (let's say that baitrunner reel with 60 spool costs ~60EUR/70 USD) and grease price ~40$ with shipping, I think that prices are ok. Ingame prices of reels are not in USD but in virtual currency (silver) and they're far above 70 silver. And you aren't buying only grease, you're buying servicing of the reel. At my country is service price from 15-50 EUR (18.3 - 61 USD) + shipping fees depending on the reel type and with no parts included in that price. 

So prices are ok from my point of view.

Edited by Ragnarocek

Posted (edited)

Theres no shipping fee, you travel to the certain lake and repair it at the shop.

And with this increased price we still get same quality grease we did before the update...

Edited by santafesuperstar
  • Like 3

in my experience when i take my reels to prepare them for the season i dont pay for the shipping of the grease 😄  i just take them to the shop and pick them up when they are ready

usually repair shops have grease in stock and they dont order small packages anyways 
i get the point of greasing a reel requires it to be taken apart so ye if we really want to go in depth we could calculate that i even agree with the fact that it was a bit cheap to grease a venga but to go from a few silver to  around 380 is just ridiculous if you ask me

i would agree that 100-150 is reasonable to some extent but around 380 is just no way near reasonable

and then there is the triumph reel i cant even imagine how much that costs now.. probably over 800silver.. 

i just hope this conversation reaches the ppl who changed the price and they reconsider and go with a price thats somewhere in the middle 

• Like 5

How i can ship my reel to workshop? Yes, i can not. So, why i need pay that?

• Like 2

Guest Cap_L

Not the ideal way, certainly in terms of realism, to punish the higher level players in the game. I used love UL fishing, not for silver, just the sheer enjoyment.... and now a 300 silver hit for grease on my inferno, and like most LP reels needs grease often. OK I know LP reels tend to be more durable in other aspects but it's extremely unrealistic to have such a dramatic price rise for the grease.

Give us more items to spend our excess silver on that doesn't give a fishing advantage, rod and reel skins for example, even a different coloured shirt would be nice... rather than the usual punishing of players to get the silver.

Dear players,

As you have already noticed, there has been a price increase for the oil based on the price of the reels. This increase results from our analysis of the economic records of all players. Here, the income generated was not in proportion to the expenditure that we are striving for. Many players have accumulated significant amounts of silver that can endanger the fun of the game in the long term if the economy is no longer a challenge. Adjustments like these might be necessary now and in the future development of Russian Fishing 4 in order to adapt the economy to changed conditions in the game.

When it comes to price changes these are almost always done to balance the game economy.

• Like 1