Jump to content
Crucian

[ GUIDE ] Groundbait - How does it work?

Recommended Posts

Groundbait - What do they do and what are they good for?

 

Everybody knows them. Everyone has worked with them before and made one or the other big catch through them: groundbaits.

But how exactly do you use them? And how do they affect themselves?
Do they really have any advantages or do they even scare off the fish?

We have written this guide to give you clarity on some of the groundbait mechanics.

Groundbaits are available for all occasions. You can throw them, put them in feeders, use them in rocket feeders or use PVA nets.


Throwing:
When throwing the ground bait hits the water surface and gives off particles to the bottom. It makes sense  to throw several balls to increase the effect.  In this method, one can either cover a larger area by scattering the mixtures or increase the attraction by throwing it repeatedly on the same area. 

 

Feeding baskets:

In principle, they act like thrown ground baits.  Through the respective basket, however, the particles are delivered at different speeds.  The distribution differs depending on the basket.  The more groundbait that fits in the basket, the greater the concentration of particles and the greater the attraction.  Please pay attention to the description of the individual feed baskets because of the delivery and the quantity.

 

Rocket Feeder: 

Also acts like thrown groundbait . The balls simultaneously fired with the rocket feeder have the same attraction as a corresponding number of individually thrown balls. The advantage of the rocket, however, is that you can throw quite a few balls of groundbait in exactly the same place and thus significantly increase the attraction there, while individually thrown balls always scatter within a certain radius. 

 

PVA net: 
This lure is a special kind. It spreads a kind of "feed carpet" on the ground.
 

Spod Rods:
These rods are a great way to get feeder rockets with multiple portions of groundbait simultaneously to the spots you want to fish. By clipping, you can adjust the  ejection distance to the fishing rods and thus optimally offer the food.  Because there is a larger amount of groundbait, there is a greater attraction.


Special features:
The addition of clay can slow down the delivery of the feed particles. Especially in flowing waters it has advantages, since otherwise the mixture would be washed away too fast and the attractant would no longer be in place. 


Frequently Asked Questions:

Do mixtures in feeder baskets affect other rods?
Yes, if the bait is within the working area of the filled feeder basket, the mixture also affects the other rod.
PVA nets also affect other rods when their baits are in the attraction area.

For example:
I throw a rod with PVA net in one place. Since the particles from the net also rise, I can fish with a float rod in this area and thus benefit with this rod from the PVA net.

 

Do I have to put a new mixture in the feeder basket each time?
The effect of an already applied mixtures lasts for some time, depending on the circumstances (eg water flow, etc.).
In theory, you do not have to add a new mixture immediately when the basket is empty, but it is of course quite difficult to hit the same spot with the bait exactly as before.  So we recommend filling the feeder on each cast.


How long do the mixtures work?
The maximum duration of effect is specified for each stack.

What is the radius of the sphere of action of the groundbait?    
Each groundbait ball has a radius of impact of 2.5 m.

What is the radius of the PVA net?
The PVA net also has 2.5 m effective radius

 

Do the different stars in the ingredients affect the mixture?
Yes. Take as an example cheese:
You can use the processed cheese (1 star), or the loaf of cheese (4 stars).
The loaf has over the processed cheese a more intense taste and thus has a better attraction than the processed cheese.
 

Do the different methods add up?
Yes. For example, if you use Feed Basket + PVA Net + Feed Rocket, you have far greater chances of attracting fish than just one of these methods (the mixes add up to a certain maximum).

 

 

Examples:
In the following sketches, the black circles represent the respective areas of effect of the mixtures,
black lines represent basic rods, and the orange line is intended to represent a float rod.

In the following picture, the baits are far apart, the individual spheres of influence have no influence on each other.

 

Spoiler

Groundbait1.png.6a457d1ebb99b618a69ce8bc366cb7a3.png


Here, the rods were ejected quite close, the impact areas are superimposed:

 

Spoiler

Groundbait2.png.6389ff4ef634ebc24510c0aee3537f48.png

 

 

In this example, the angler uses the area of effect of a basic rod for his float rod:
 

Spoiler

Groundbait3.png.a68d91f4e000830ec761f74dcc233900.png

  

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This info is very helpful! In the future I would like to see more posts about the mechanics of the game. 👍

Edited by sailbum321
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sailbum321 said:

This info is very helpful! In the future I would like to see more posts about the mechanics of the game. 👍

I agree with him, i would like more posts about ingame mechnics that the player only have teories, so we can play a proper game!!

 

ty for this one  ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the guidance.

But another very important side is how to find out whether the groundbait works well or not. There are so many bases/additives/attrctants, it's not easy to find the right one. People from different regions will use different baits/GB, how can they find the right bait/GB faster or easier? Hope to get some guidance about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for a bit information but there are one moment that needs to be clarified.

 

17 hours ago, Crucian said:

What is the radius of the sphere of action of the groundbait?    
Each groundbait ball has a radius of impact of 2.5 m.

 

At which point is started to count that radius? When ball hitting surface of water or ball hitting the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maby i dont use it right, but no matter what made groundbait i throw in - there is even less fish biting. Like know Tench spots - throw in tench GB an you get a fu in return, same with carp/ asscarp GB.... it doesnt help float fishers, cos you still havnt made this game like it should work. Now all the game lies only on to feeder fishing - out of feederfishing is pure luck and mazochism if you choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late question, does the pva/gb on the ground aply also to spin fishing, so for example, im going to spin fish for catfish, and i throw gb/pva in the spot im casting, is going to help the baitrate? ty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kowskie said:

Late question, does the pva/gb on the ground aply also to spin fishing, so for example, im going to spin fish for catfish, and i throw gb/pva in the spot im casting, is going to help the baitrate? ty

Would be great but also slight issue is the radius is only 2.5m lol. You would jig past the effected spot really quick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 10:45 AM, kowskie said:

Late question, does the pva/gb on the ground aply also to spin fishing, so for example, im going to spin fish for catfish, and i throw gb/pva in the spot im casting, is going to help the baitrate? ty

 

16 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Would be great but also slight issue is the radius is only 2.5m lol. You would jig past the effected spot really quick

 

On 10/31/2019 at 4:02 PM, Crucian said:

The addition of clay can slow down the delivery of the feed particles. Especially in flowing waters it has advantages, since otherwise the mixture would be washed away too fast and the attractant would no longer be in place.

 

If you were to throw you gb upstream would the particles travel down stream and act over a much greater area? 

 

Additional if you were to throw 2 different types of ground bait (for example the standard roach gb and standard carp gb), would it have the effect of throwing one gb with all the ingredients (In the example it would equate to throwing one gb with ground crackers, ground peas, fly maggots, corn, bloodworm, caramel, and vanilla.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 11:34 AM, sailbum321 said:

 

 

 

If you were to throw you gb upstream would the particles travel down stream and act over a much greater area? 

 

Additional if you were to throw 2 different types of ground bait (for example the standard roach gb and standard carp gb), would it have the effect of throwing one gb with all the ingredients (In the example it would equate to throwing one gb with ground crackers, ground peas, fly maggots, corn, bloodworm, caramel, and vanilla.)

The gb will only affect the area where it was originally.  Also when throwing in two different types of groundbait the second would override the first.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 11:45 AM, kowskie said:

Late question, does the pva/gb on the ground aply also to spin fishing, so for example, im going to spin fish for catfish, and i throw gb/pva in the spot im casting, is going to help the baitrate? ty

While the lure is in the area of effect it would apply.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:02 AM, Crucian said:

What is the radius of the sphere of action of the groundbait?    
Each groundbait ball has a radius of impact of 2.5 m.

 

9 hours ago, Crucian said:

The gb will only affect the area where it was originally.

 

On 11/1/2019 at 6:33 PM, bandau said:

At which point is started to count that radius? When ball hitting surface of water or ball hitting the bottom.

Spoiler

radius.thumb.jpg.5f038a993524dd38a41018c753f188f2.jpg

 

9 hours ago, Crucian said:

Also when throwing in two different types of groundbait the second would override the first.

 

Spoiler

864745469_graundbaitsoverride.jpg.ea4dff1231712d086b4f576f9411a9f1.jpg

1A = 1 ball tench gb (first throwed)

2B = 1ball carp gb (second)

3C = 1 ball bream gb (third)

 

B? = 1ball carp gb? (in that area tench gb dissapears?)

C? = 1ball bream gb?

 

also if

1A = 1 ball tench gb 

2B = 1 ball tench gb

3C = 1 ball tench gb

 

B? = 1 ball tench gb

C? = 1 ball tench gb?

 

am I understood it correct?

Edited by bandau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 5:20 AM, bandau said:

 

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

radius.thumb.jpg.5f038a993524dd38a41018c753f188f2.jpg

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

864745469_graundbaitsoverride.jpg.ea4dff1231712d086b4f576f9411a9f1.jpg

1A = 1 ball tench gb (first throwed)

2B = 1ball carp gb (second)

3C = 1 ball bream gb (third)

 

B? = 1ball carp gb? (in that area tench gb dissapears?)

C? = 1ball bream gb?

 

also if

1A = 1 ball tench gb 

2B = 1 ball tench gb

3C = 1 ball tench gb

 

B? = 1 ball tench gb

C? = 1 ball tench gb?

 

am I understood it correct?

The groundbait takes effect shortly after it hits the water.  As for the question with the overlapping circles, I am working on getting clarification on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crucian said:

The groundbait takes effect shortly after it hits the water.

 

Thanks for answer.

 

7 hours ago, Crucian said:

As for the question with the overlapping circles, I am working on getting clarification on that.

 

There is few more questions about that, please could you get answers for it aswell.

 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:02 AM, Crucian said:

Yes. For example, if you use Feed Basket + PVA Net + Feed Rocket, you have far greater chances of attracting fish than just one of these methods (the mixes add up to a certain maximum).

 

If you use feed basket with tench gb  + PVA net with carp gb, which one override other? They both throwed at the same time.

 

Normally  I use spod for fast feeding, throwing first 10 balls, then after few hours, throwing with hand and sometimes different grounbaits. Does that means the 1 ball throwed by hand can override those 10 balls throwed first with spod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bandau said:

 

Thanks for answer.

 

 

There is few more questions about that, please could you get answers for it aswell.

 

 

If you use feed basket with tench gb  + PVA net with carp gb, which one override other? They both throwed at the same time.

 

Normally  I use spod for fast feeding, throwing first 10 balls, then after few hours, throwing with hand and sometimes different grounbaits. Does that means the 1 ball throwed by hand can override those 10 balls throwed first with spod?

Obviously they cannot be thrown at exactly the same time.  The one hitting the water second will override the first.  As far as throwing in bait after  your spod rod.  Yes it will override the first groundbait if the ingredients are different and it is thrown in the same spot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crucian said:

 As far as throwing in bait after  your spod rod.  Yes it will override the first groundbait if the ingredients are different and it is thrown in the same spot.

 

Thanks again but there is still the most important question about overriding. 

Throwing first 10 balls tench gb and then 1 ball carp gb. Carp gb override and tench gb disappears. What we will get: 1 ball or 11 ball carp gb ?

Throwing first 10 balls tench gb and then 1 ball tench gb. We will get 11 tench gb? That confusing me the most 🙂

(Lets say we throw everything in the same spot.)

 

2 hours ago, Crucian said:

Obviously they cannot be thrown at exactly the same time.  The one hitting the water second will override the first.

 

It means one of them disappear and that is just waste of groundbait? But if I use the same ingredients on both (feeder and PVA) then groundbait will be double?

 

And last question (i hope it is last 🙂 ) , if first groundbait has A,B,C,D,E ingredients and second has A,D,B,C,E, are they counts as the same or second will override first?

 

Thanks for your patience 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bandau said:

 

Thanks again but there is still the most important question about overriding. 

Throwing first 10 balls tench gb and then 1 ball carp gb. Carp gb override and tench gb disappears. What we will get: 1 ball or 11 ball carp gb ?

Throwing first 10 balls tench gb and then 1 ball tench gb. We will get 11 tench gb? That confusing me the most 🙂

(Lets say we throw everything in the same spot.)

 

 

It means one of them disappear and that is just waste of groundbait? But if I use the same ingredients on both (feeder and PVA) then groundbait will be double?

 

And last question (i hope it is last 🙂 ) , if first groundbait has A,B,C,D,E ingredients and second has A,D,B,C,E, are they counts as the same or second will override first?

 

Thanks for your patience 🙂 

If you throw it in the same spot, and it has different ingredients, yes the original is gone.  If you use the same ingredients, feeder and PVA, it will stack up to an attraction of 10 balls.  If the ingredients in the groundait are identical, the only difference it makes in how they are viewed by the system is whether or not they will stack in your inventory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Crucian said:

If the ingredients in the groundait are identical, the only difference it makes in how they are viewed by the system is whether or not they will stack in your inventory

 

That makes sense now, groundbait will stack in water if it stack in inventory too. 

Thanks for all your answers 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the order of the ingredients matter? like if i do - rapeseeds, chopped wrm, clay, dried crustaceans, zebra mussel, crayfish. its different from rapeseeds, clay, dried crustaceans, zebra mussel, chopped wrm, crayfish??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kowskie said:

Does the order of the ingredients matter?

 

On 11/8/2019 at 2:24 AM, Crucian said:

If the ingredients in the groundait are identical, the only difference it makes in how they are viewed by the system is whether or not they will stack in your inventory.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i tested, and if u put in a different order, they dont stack in your inventory, and if they dont stack in your inventory, they will also no stack in the water right? he will be a different pva???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...