Crucian

[ GUIDE ] Groundbait - How does it work?

Just now, kowskie said:

So i tested, and if u put in a different order, they dont stack in your inventory, and if they dont stack in your inventory, they will also no stack in the water right? he will be a different pva???

System recognize them as different in inventory, so the same in water. And with identical gb but different quality is the same, they don't stack in inventory, so they don't stack in water.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kowskie said:

So i tested, and if u put in a different order, they dont stack in your inventory, and if they dont stack in your inventory, they will also no stack in the water right? he will be a different pva???

Even if they are in a different order as long as the ingredients in it are identical, they will stack in the water.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bandau said:

System recognize them as different in inventory, so the same in water. And with identical gb but different quality is the same, they don't stack in inventory, so they don't stack in water.

Not quite, they are the same in the water because of the identical ingredients.

• Like 1

I have a question. If I use spod rod and cast it somewhere, do I have to let it in the water or reel it in to get the rocket feeder to work?

1 hour ago, Ejdmmm said:

I have a question. If I use spod rod and cast it somewhere, do I have to let it in the water or reel it in to get the rocket feeder to work?

The rocket feeder deposits the groundbait shortly after hitting the water.  There is no need to leave it in.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 10:09 PM, Crucian said:

The rocket feeder deposits the groundbait shortly after hitting the water.  There is no need to leave it in.

Cool. I think another thing that people would like to have some insight to is how weather affects the fish. All we know it does affect them aswell as temperature, but how are we supposed to know how exactly? Little bit of insight to this would really help.

1 hour ago, Ejdmmm said:

Cool. I think another thing that people would like to have some insight to is how weather affects the fish. All we know it does affect them aswell as temperature, but how are we supposed to know how exactly? Little bit of insight to this would really help.

Really that one would all come down to experimentation.  If you take a look at the guides we wrote a while back, some of the guides slightly took into account weather and temperature.  But as you can see even with that level of charting and experiments you would have still had to fish specifically in certain weather conditions and at certain temperatures to see how it affected the fish, which is what I recommend.

One more question about groundbait:

If I fed the spot ant after that got disconect, does groundbait still working after I came back to the same spot, or I have to feed it again as it is new session?

Edited by bandau

16 hours ago, bandau said:

One more question about groundbait:

If I fed the spot ant after that got disconect, does groundbait still working after I came back to the same spot, or I have to feed it again as it is new session?

Hello - you will need to feed it again as a new session.

• Like 1

I think, after the lastest update that changed pretty much everything about pva/feedings, a update about this topic would be helpful.

What's exactly the interaction between pva, gb, boilies (w/ slings, cobras), and dry mix from rockets? Do they stack?  affect eachother?

That's a very complicated question that should be more clear to improve our techniques and dont waste silver.

• Like 1

@Crucian

Thanks for this guide. Information like this makes the game so much more enjoyable. I understand the need to keep some information about the fishing secret but useful mechanics like this only help the player and make me more excited to fish with gb and experiment, while also not wasting silver because the mechanics are otherwise unexplained.

Despite the goal of realism, this is still a video game with mechanics. I really appreciate it once again.

Edited by honker123

Hello,

Thanks very much for all the useful information, but please can you tell me what aspect of the groundbait is affected by the quality? I am considering what to do with my next skill points, and if it is only the duration that is affected by the quality and not the the number or size of the fish caught, then I think I will just spend more silver on groundbait and use my skill points on something else.

Thank you!  😁

38 minutes ago, Mike57_RF4 said:

Hello,

Thanks very much for all the useful information, but please can you tell me what aspect of the groundbait is affected by the quality? I am considering what to do with my next skill points, and if it is only the duration that is affected by the quality and not the the number or size of the fish caught, then I think I will just spend more silver on groundbait and use my skill points on something else.

Thank you!  😁

The quality of groundbait can also increase attraction if the ingredients are what the fish are attracted to at the time.

I see this thread is still getting responses. I have a few important questions for you.

1.) Does does groundbait affect attraction while spin fishing?

2.) What effect does crushed/whole boilies have in groundbait?

1 hour ago, Nawrly17 said:

I see this thread is still getting responses. I have a few important questions for you.

1.) Does does groundbait affect attraction while spin fishing?

2.) What effect does crushed/whole boilies have in groundbait?

1. Yes

2. It adds that 'flavor' to the mix. Using crushed boilies or whole boilies of the type you are fishing with helps 'prime' the fish to eat that kind of bait. That being said, if the fishies aren't really feeling the flavor you are trying to use during that time it won't help at all. When crafting a groundbait use a basic all around recipe for the species you are after as a base, then tune it with boilies, additives, and maybe attractants to tune the fish to your offerings.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/11/2019 at 2:46 PM, kowskie said:

No, you misunderstand. The Admin wrote that IF they are IDENTICAL, then the ONLY difference is if they stack in the inventory or not. Since this is the ONLY difference, there is no difference in effect (assuming that the ingredients are identical). The admin did not write that the system will decide if their effects stack or overwrite by checking them in the inventory!

Edit:

Sorry, meantime I realized that the admin already replied this.

Edited by Zed895

Hello guys I have few questions :

1.I want to ask.

For example: If im fishing with 3 rods {loop rig} and im using GB with every cast,does the fish stop work and get fed after 10minutes or more ?

Should I use GB with every cast on spot  or ? 

2.For example: If im fishing with 3 rods [loop rig / hair rig] and im using PVA with every cast.does the fish stop work and get fed after 10 minutes or more ? 

So when im fishing carp on hair rig + PVA and I want to attract the fishes to stay on that spot,should I cast pva with every cast?

Are there Hard and Easy  Base/attractans/additives which fish can get fast or slow fed ? 

12 minutes ago, Shiman0 said:

Hello guys I have few questions :

1.I want to ask.

For example: If im fishing with 3 rods {loop rig} and im using GB with every cast,does the fish stop work and get fed after 10minutes or more ?

Should I use GB with every cast on spot  or ? 

2.For example: If im fishing with 3 rods [loop rig / hair rig] and im using PVA with every cast.does the fish stop work and get fed after 10 minutes or more ? 

So when im fishing carp on hair rig + PVA and I want to attract the fishes to stay on that spot,should I cast pva with every cast?

Are there Hard and Easy  Base/attractans/additives which fish can get fast or slow fed ? 

I urge you to reread the original post.  These questions are answered in it.

Hey Crucian, 

Great guide and i read it when it first hit the forums, some nice coverage there is basic mechanics i think we needed to understand which we do now...so many thanks for that.

Since the addition of Amber lake (and its buff to fish count) i'm really back to loving the game i thin its in a good spot right now with fish balance, can i ask a question regarding boilie throwing sticks and how they interact with the original post and subsequent questions. Specifically are they classed as their own GB? or are they included in the max 10 stacks in any given area. 

eg

swim is at 10 gb stacks and i throw x2 sets of 5 boilies in same area,  is this now

10gb+10boilie=20?

10gb+10boilie=10 boilie?

Given your post im assuming the bolies are overriding the GB mix so in essence all i have is 10 boilies spread in the swim which is significantly less attraction compared to 10 stacks of multiple ingredient groundbait/PVE

Regards

Dave/KiltedJock

10 hours ago, KiltedJ0ck said:

Hey Crucian, 

Great guide and i read it when it first hit the forums, some nice coverage there is basic mechanics i think we needed to understand which we do now...so many thanks for that.

Since the addition of Amber lake (and its buff to fish count) i'm really back to loving the game i thin its in a good spot right now with fish balance, can i ask a question regarding boilie throwing sticks and how they interact with the original post and subsequent questions. Specifically are they classed as their own GB? or are they included in the max 10 stacks in any given area. 

eg

swim is at 10 gb stacks and i throw x2 sets of 5 boilies in same area,  is this now

10gb+10boilie=20?

10gb+10boilie=10 boilie?

Given your post im assuming the bolies are overriding the GB mix so in essence all i have is 10 boilies spread in the swim which is significantly less attraction compared to 10 stacks of multiple ingredient groundbait/PVE

Regards

Dave/KiltedJock

Hello,

If you have a look at Elwood's short example of one way to feed here 

You can see an illustration of how to use the mechanics together to your advantage.