Crucian

[ GUIDE ] Groundbait - How does it work?

1 minute ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

Crushed boilies add the same flavor without acting as a limited size filter.

Lost me there m8, sorry

1 minute ago, darkneon2002 said:

Lost me there m8, sorry

Fish size. Tiny fish can't eat large boilies. By adding large boilies to a mix you can tune the 'size' of the population feeding on them. That being said - there is no guarantee.

• Thanks 1

Okay so if I understand this correctly:

Crushed boilies to attract more fish, any size

complete boilies to raise chance of getting target size fish + any size

1 hour ago, darkneon2002 said:

Okay so if I understand this correctly:

Crushed boilies to attract more fish, any size

complete boilies to raise chance of getting target size fish + any size

Complete boilies to raise chance of getting target size fish. Not any size - when using larger mix sizes and boilie sizes in your mixes you will potentially reduce overall bite rate. The upside is that you may get bigger fish overall.

15 hours ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

Complete boilies to raise chance of getting target size fish. Not any size - when using larger mix sizes and boilie sizes in your mixes you will potentially reduce overall bite rate. The upside is that you may get bigger fish overall.

Got it.
So using any boilie size to crush doesn't make any difference? Since we still get a sized item after crushed strawberry 16 and 22 for example but to make any of those crushed boilies there will always be 25 boilies consumed, no matter what size they are. That's another part that doesn't really make sense since we always end up with the same amount or weight of crushed boilies.

12 hours ago, darkneon2002 said:

Got it.
So using any boilie size to crush doesn't make any difference? Since we still get a sized item after crushed strawberry 16 and 22 for example but to make any of those crushed boilies there will always be 25 boilies consumed, no matter what size they are. That's another part that doesn't really make sense since we always end up with the same amount or weight of crushed boilies.

Correct.  Makes no difference what size you crush.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, darkneon2002 said:

Would it be possible to add how PVA strings work?

It has the same effect as throwing boilies or pellets in the water.  Using the pva stringer is just a way of making sure they are in the exact same area as your bait.

• Thanks 2

I have noticed that only 10 ground baits will be rendered at any given time, is correct to assume that in this case there can only be 10 pva/GB active at any time then?

or 10 + 10 + spot is possible?

1 hour ago, darkneon2002 said:

I have noticed that only 10 ground baits will be rendered at any given time, is correct to assume that in this case there can only be 10 pva/GB active at any time then?

or 10 + 10 + spot is possible?

No, the render effect is different.  10 + 10 is possible.  

Probably a very silly question as I think this is client side but here goes....

I saw somebody mention in chat that they don't throw out groundbait as others are throwing it out assuming their fishing the same spot, If I ground bait an area is that for me only or would it attract fish to the area of others fishing the same spot?

Just now, JaggedRiz said:

Probably a very silly question as I think this is client side but here goes....

I saw somebody mention in chat that they don't throw out groundbait as others are throwing it out assuming their fishing the same spot, If I ground bait an area is that for me only or would it attract fish to the area of others fishing the same spot?

Only for you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crucian said:

Only for you.

Thanks for the reply I thought so but after seeing it mentioned it got me thinking.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 9:09 PM, Crucian said:

No, the render effect is different.  10 + 10 is possible.  

So we can have 10 active of each type?

26 minutes ago, darkneon2002 said:

So we can have 10 active of each type?

You can have more than 10. The system only renders 10 at a time.

• Thanks 1

One more question that popped up about ground baits.

Would casting a 10/10 PVA on a rod, after that a rod with 9/10(or less) pva in the same radius, would that cancel the 10/10 or still be a boost for the shared radius?

9 hours ago, darkneon2002 said:

One more question that popped up about ground baits.

Would casting a 10/10 PVA on a rod, after that a rod with 9/10(or less) pva in the same radius, would that cancel the 10/10 or still be a boost for the shared radius?

The only time a groundbait will cancel another groundbait is if the recipe is different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I would like to ask you about area of effect of GB. When GB is in the water and affecting 2.5m radius, is effect of the GB same for whole radius, or is most effective in the center and less effective on the edge of radius ?

Thanks for answer.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarocek said:

Hello,

I would like to ask you about area of effect of GB. When GB is in the water and affecting 2.5m radius, is effect of the GB same for whole radius, or is most effective in the center and less effective on the edge of radius ?

Thanks for answer.

It is the same throughout.

• Like 1

Sometimes my crushed boilies get placed in the same slot and sometimes they get divided (all done in the same go). Why is that? Is there some hidden quality rating or just a random occurrence because reasons?

rf4_4.0.16557_20210729_110551.png

2 hours ago, AlternativeEgo said:

Sometimes my crushed boilies get placed in the same slot and sometimes they get divided (all done in the same go). Why is that? Is there some hidden quality rating or just a random occurrence because reasons?

rf4_4.0.16557_20210729_110551.png

Thank you for pointing this out.  We will look into it.