Sign in to follow this  
TpCatch

Love fishing but don’t know how

Here you can share your real life fishing adventures and catches.

Please keep all posts civil and clean, we all know how fishermen can be!

hello everyone, Here I will be the one to share you my captures made on veracruz state here in México country, I'm fishing on a rivermouth of the Jamapa river and here you can find some of this species: 1.-(barred grunt since 200grs to 1kg), 2.- gaftopsail catfish (since 200grs to 2kgs), 3.- rabbitfish/fish-ballon (since 200grs to 4kgs), 4.- bluefish (since 500grs to 3kgs), I also fished, fought and landed a 5kgs stingray but I could not take a photo because the person who I asked for help broke my line, I also have saw feeding frenzy of big crevalle jacks and big snooks 

1er ronco canario.jpg

4RTO BAGRE GRANDE.jpg

1er pez conejo-1.600 kgrs.jpg

1era anchova 1.1.jpg

• Like 10

Guest when i was 10ish

When i was about 10 my brother and i where fishing at Narooma off a jetty.

we had an experiance that unless you where there you would not believe.
2 transexual?? (  Ladys with beards and deep voices) came onto the jetty and started fishing,  1 was in a wheel chair the other not. We got told off for saying man or sir or something, they said they are ladies etc. I dont remember the exact details.

Anyway, the fish they where catching where these tiny tiny little fish, bait fish like. And they where putting them in their bucket for dinner. They then proceded to tell us that our bait was too large and asked  "what are we trying to catch, marlin" because our bait ) white bait) was larger than the fish they where k eeping lol
Anyway, at one point  adrian ( my brother) was checking his bait so he pulled his line in, one of the "ladys" saw the bait on his hook and said "see you got one! if you dont want it we will have it" so, Adrian put the whitebait from his hook into their bucket lol

We where crying with laughter, pretrty much everything they did was hilarious  to the point that we honestly thought we where on one of those tv shows that  set you up, even the handlines they used where funny as, and the casts lol half of them landed on the jetty, one got hooked on her bag and to top it all off, one of them CAUGHT A BOOT LIKE IN CARTOONS.

To this day i havew no idea what even happened. Was it real life>? was it a tv show?  IDK but god it was funny

Guest when I was 10ish, that was a funny and strange story 🙂 

Hello everyone, yesterday I went afternoon fishing with my dad to a boulevard here in my city where I live and go fishing in front of some breakwaters rocks, we always use cutbait of stripped mullet, small pieces in triangle form, we were gotting some blue runners so I got one of 15 grs and I decided to use it as a bait to go for something bigger, I was using a small hook and I know I have to change it but I didn't want to so I casted my line to the water, left the rod next to me and began to talk with my dad meanwhile I waited for something good, 15 minutes past and I saw that my rod moved and I set the hook and began to reel in and when it was closed to the rocks in began to ran very fast to my right and I hold strong the rod and the fish came to the surface and I saw it was a Barracuda of 10 pounds I think but she hooked off because the hook wasn't set on her mouth, she only had the blue runner on her mouth I think so

Hello everyone, I need your help please, the other day I hooked this small crevalle jack and got bitten by something unknown for me, I have a clue which fish is the guilty, I think I could have been a barracuda o a shark? what do you think guys, please comment my post and tell me who do you think is the guilty?

jurelito mordido por barracudo o tiburon.jpg

On 10/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, greatfishing59 said:

Hello everyone, I need your help please, the other day I hooked this small crevalle jack and got bitten by something unknown for me, I have a clue which fish is the guilty, I think I could have been a barracuda o a shark? what do you think guys, please comment my post and tell me who do you think is the guilty?

jurelito mordido por barracudo o tiburon.jpg

that would be a cuda for sure

So you've decided to give fishing a go. Good Luck. More than likely you've perused the internet for the countless how to catch fish videos, or how to do this and that tutorials. I've watched thousands of them. They're mostly made and produced by avid or hardcore fishermen who know the ins and outs of everything it takes to catch fish. However these videos fail to demonstrate or talk about many of the frustrations of what its like to be a beginner fisherman. So looking back on my 22 years of fishing I've put together a piece tailored to removing some of the frustrations of learning to fish. Id like to preface this by stating I fish lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams, in the northeastern US, mostly for Largemouth Bass, small mouth Bass, Musky, pike pickerel and trout. My advice will be tailored towards this style. First off let's start with your setup. Every video I watch talks about the line they're using paired with the length and sturdiness of the rod, which reel is best and whats good for what bait/style/fish.

I have to say the sound of a fish taking line is probably one of the best sounds in the world. Unfortunately I’ve never had the pleasure of catching a fish myself. I’m a college student and the other day I decided I didn’t want to wait anymore to take up fishing and decided to go out and get a spinning combo. Honestly I couldn’t spool it for crap, thought I had it but was (twisted?) after about 10 casts lol. I’ve watched YouTube videos and stuff but anyone got any tips? Or anyone in the western mass area need an inexperienced but fun and lovable fishing buddy?