Eye repair on your rods

EddieSzi12

well i just fixed my eye on my rods and they're not the same price!!! One rod is at 30.9% wear is 2,227.38 silver . The other one was 40% wear on the eye's and it was 2,400 silver + and both wear ti rods. So if it's a replacement they should be the same price and they're not. 

6 hours ago, EddieSzi12 said:

well i just fixed my eye on my rods and they're not the same price!!! One rod is at 30.9% wear is 2,227.38 silver . The other one was 40% wear on the eye's and it was 2,400 silver + and both wear ti rods. So if it's a replacement they should be the same price and they're not. 

Maybe they were repaired in different shops? Or the new workshop mechanism (technically everything is repair now, except the oil) modified the rod repair as well?

Edited by Zed895

correct i get that part of it. Example: Venga reel 1) spool has 5% wear. Venga reel 2) spool has 80% wear. So what you're saying is Venga 1 spool with 5% should cost less than Venga 2 spool at 80% wear. But if it's a replacement part it doesn't matter if there's 99% wear or 1% wear it's a replacement part. Same with eyes on your rods it's being replaced with a new eye and doesn't matter what the mechanism does to the rod because the rod blank can't be fix but the eyes can be replaced with new ones 

4 hours ago, EddieSzi12 said:

correct i get that part of it. Example: Venga reel 1) spool has 5% wear. Venga reel 2) spool has 80% wear. So what you're saying is Venga 1 spool with 5% should cost less than Venga 2 spool at 80% wear. But if it's a replacement part it doesn't matter if there's 99% wear or 1% wear it's a replacement part. Same with eyes on your rods it's being replaced with a new eye and doesn't matter what the mechanism does to the rod because the rod blank can't be fix but the eyes can be replaced with new ones 

Sorry, you misunderstand me, probably my mistake. When I wrote 'mechanism' I did not mean 'mechanism of a tool' but a 'way of working'. After the recent update the previous way of working (replacement and repair system) has been ceased, and the level of usage determine the price of e.g.: a new friction break. So it seems this method is applied onto the rods now as well.

you have the option to repair or to replace with a better/other brand of item. You can repair something for lets say 100 silver or you can replace it with another brand for 300-400. the repair has the benefit of being cheaper, the replace has the benefit of empowering the item. i could repair my Centauri friction for 400 silver or replace it with a new one and have 22kg instead of the previous 20kg. same with almost everything. they basically added the possibility to upgrade your gear. obviously a replacement with better parts can't have the low price of the repair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crapu said:

you have the option to repair or to replace with a better/other brand of item. You can repair something for lets say 100 silver or you can replace it with another brand for 300-400. the repair has the benefit of being cheaper, the replace has the benefit of empowering the item. i could repair my Centauri friction for 400 silver or replace it with a new one and have 22kg instead of the previous 20kg. same with almost everything. they basically added the possibility to upgrade your gear. obviously a replacement with better parts can't have the low price of the repair.

Nope. If you replace it for a better one, you still have t o repair it later. But the price will be lower that time, since you will return a better second-hand item. Just click on the little 'details' link left from the final price. Does not matter what you buy, an original or even a better part, you still pay a full price for it (obviously the better is more expansive), plus a working feel (it is in the details) and MINUS the used, second hand item what they remove. So by now there is no different methods like previously the 'replacement or restore' way. (Except for the oil, in that case you don't return the second hand item obviously, so it works like the 'replacement' (not the restore) way previously.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...