Hooked clams reacting like hooked fish

wxlee08

Hi all, 

Apologies if this has been suggested previously in this forum however, if I'm not wrong, cant help but notice that on Winding Rivulet, hooked clams literally "swim" away like hooked fish. Wonder if anyone else has observed this. I think hooked clams should be programmed to remain static or not "swimming" around even if they took the bait to make it more realistic. Just a suggestion to the devs...

Thanks!

• Veteran
On 3/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, wxlee08 said:

Hi all, 

Apologies if this has been suggested previously in this forum however, if I'm not wrong, cant help but notice that on Winding Rivulet, hooked clams literally "swim" away like hooked fish. Wonder if anyone else has observed this. I think hooked clams should be programmed to remain static or not "swimming" around even if they took the bait to make it more realistic. Just a suggestion to the devs...

Thanks!

Hi!

I know, by my own experience, that mussels are good fighters 😄 .
I caught 2 of them while fishing with small spinners few years ago, and I thought each time that it was a 100g perch fighting. Those mussels were approx. big as a credit card, even smaller.

They move by swallowing and expulsing water.

So there's nothing weird about their behaviour in RF4, it's just surprising that they can do that 🙂 .
I hope it brings an answer to your suggestion 🙂 .

6 hours ago, Goregrinder said:

Hi!

I know, by my own experience, that mussels are good fighters 😄 .
I caught 2 of them while fishing with small spinners few years ago, and I thought each time that it was a 100g perch fighting. Those mussels were approx. big as a credit card, even smaller.

They move by swallowing and expulsing water.

So there's nothing weird about their behaviour in RF4, it's just surprising that they can do that 🙂 .
I hope it brings an answer to your suggestion 🙂 .

Oh ok, that's something new to me. I've hooked up mussels before in real life but I've never experienced such movements or seen them putting up such a fight for that matter. I understand they can move, although the ones I've caught react rather slowly. Then again, they could've been a different mussel species so they might've behaved differently. A poorly-verified extrapolation from my side, my bad 😅

But thanks for the clarification!

• Veteran
11 hours ago, wxlee08 said:

Oh ok, that's something new to me. I've hooked up mussels before in real life but I've never experienced such movements or seen them putting up such a fight for that matter. I understand they can move, although the ones I've caught react rather slowly. Then again, they could've been a different mussel species so they might've behaved differently. A poorly-verified extrapolation from my side, my bad 😅

But thanks for the clarification!

Oh no problem buddy ^^, we can say this is quite surprising and weird, but it exists ^^. I was the first shocked when it happened 🤣.

But maybe it depends of the clams themselves. They are quite primitive creatures, so who knows what they really think 😁.