Levo_RF4

Q/A about changes to items transfer system

5 minutes ago, Swamp_donkie said:

This is another kick in the stomach to the faithful player base. I dont need RF4 to protect me from cheaters or scammers. Especially,  when all it does is punish me and others for following the rules. I really wish RF4 would rethink this decision. Its completely and totally unnecessary. 

Lets look at this for what it appears to be:

1- If i buy good rods, reels, and accessories with GOLD, i can send it.

2- If i buy good rods, reels, and accessories with my hard earned silver, I cant.

Hmm, this decision appears to be about Money and not protection. Just my thoughts from a high lvl player.

They already posted that this change Has to do with “rf4 financial interests”. If that’s not money I don’t know what is 

425DFD12-7AA9-4B2A-829C-ECB36A719BD5.jpeg

Edited by redbeard420

Find a way to monitor your logs better.  Watch who does excessive trading and examine if they could be a bot.  Do something else than making us players ALWAYS pay for your shortcomings.  I have been playing this game over 2 years now and I have only ever seen these bandaid fixes that really only seem to benefit the developers and crash down on the playerbase.  I don't know how many bots are in this game, ruining your "economy", but I so tired of the 99% of us paying for the 1%'s sins.  You guys take and take and never seem to give back.  You will fix bugs that effect your "financial situation", but things that effect us go untouched for yearsIt is ridiculous at this point.  You should really be ashamed of yourselves.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Swamp_donkie said:

This is another kick in the stomach to the faithful player base. I dont need RF4 to protect me from cheaters or scammers. Especially,  when all it does is punish me and others for following the rules. I really wish RF4 would rethink this decision. Its completely and totally unnecessary. 

Lets look at this for what it appears to be:

1- If i buy good rods, reels, and accessories with GOLD, i can send it.

2- If i buy good rods, reels, and accessories with my hard earned silver, I cant.

Hmm, this decision appears to be about Money and not protection. Just my thoughts from a high lvl player.

I know what it is and i saw it on VK and my russian friends told me about some black market site that was chinese and sold gear from that site. And they said that was confirmed by Advanced user on RF4 forums. if that says something? So maybe a way to stop that or trying to stop that i guess. They are botters... Will always find a way to sell services anyway =(

Edited by Pettos

3 minutes ago, Pettos said:

I know what it is and i saw it on VK and my russian friends told me about some black market site that was chinese and sold gear from that site. And they said that was confirmed by Advanced user on RF4 forums. if that says something? So maybe a way to stop that or trying to stop that i guess. They are botters... Will always find a way to sell services anyway =(

Yup all this change does is punish the players that were following the rules. The cheaters and scammers don’t care they will move on in other ways or other games. 

Why is rf4 being responsible for the scams in trades, players should be responsible for their decisions, I think rf4 should revoke this decision and say that players are on their own from now on, this should take out some weight on the development team, and give us what we really want some new gear/ maps.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, colaquente_rf4 said:

Why is rf4 being responsible for the scams in trades, players should be responsible for their decisions, I think rf4 should revoke this decision and say that players are on their own from now on, this should take out some weight on the development team, and give us what we really want some new gear/ maps.

Don't get confused.  They are doing this because it is losing them money.  People are buying gear from botters with gold baits at a reduced price compared to them having to buy the item itself.  They realize these people are buying gold to buy gear, but they just want them to buy the gear at full price from them.  It has nothing to do with them caring about our records on the leaderboards.  So because they can not control the botters, we all pay the price in functionality of the game.

Edited by BigDrock
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, colaquente_rf4 said:

@BigDrock i dont think many people are getting a venga full price, my hole setups irl is not worth the price of a venga

Thank you for proving my point.

• Like 4

I will not say much about those changes.

I wasted already enough energy for and around that game.

Just wanna highlight 2 points.

First:

Three Times the RF4 Devs had changed something with the stated reason: "for the honest players, against bots"

1: They changed bait harvesting, which ended up with less moles/rhinos over a long Time period.

2: They changed the size range for Baitfishes to be crafted.

3: They limit Peoples trading possibility.

All  three changes did punish all players and directly/indirectly did lead them closer into investing gold.

Second:

It does take the Devs 1 week to limit our abilities with trading.

It does take the Devs 2+ years to implement a promissed possibility to sell our gear.

Ps: The timing with that Announcement --> shortly after the sale ended, is hilarious.

Either the Devs do think their community is stupid, or they do not think/care about any connections / consequences their acting has.

Edited by ф_ф
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Joe said:

we knew before that this was a horribly unpopular descision. We also know that it makes the premium service less attractive.

Joe

As the Premium Service has been changed to be less attractive, can we cancel our premium as of the 21st January and claim a proportionate refund for the remaining amount? Thank you.

• Like 3

I'm a little confused why so many guys are complaining about this decision.

In my opinion, this is a good step to deal with cheaters and people who selling equipment for real money , though not perfect.

Maybe the Auction House or some other decision need to be done at the same time for players to deal with their retired equipment.

At least, players know now what items they can transfer and do not need to worry about being punished because sending rods or reels to friends.

There is indeed a little cut short on Premium players,  but in the long run, this decision will be good for the development of this game.(Maybe U can give the Premium players some compensation)

As far as i'm concerned, the cheaters and illegal traders will do the most harm to this game and the quality of this game will be the core to win more players. 

So, I think this is a step forward.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lliggy said:

In my opinion, this is a good step to deal with cheaters and people who selling equipment for real money , though not perfect.

Maybe the Auction House or some other decision need to be done at the same time for players to deal with their retired equipment.

At least, players know now what items they can transfer and do not need to worry about being punished because sending rods or reels to friends.

There is indeed a little cut short on Premium players,  but in the long run, this decision will be good for the development of this game.(Maybe U can give the Premium players some compensation)

As far as i'm concerned, the cheaters and illegal traders will do the most harm to this game and the quality of this game will be the core to win more players. 

this has absolutely nothing to do with cheaters

12 hours ago, Joe said:

Fair enough guys. Many of the current gameplay decisions were influenced by the the massive abuse. Getting rid of this, even by a radical solution seems worth it to us. It opens up a lot of possibilities. And for the stuff honest players lost we will find a workaround.

But how long will it take you to implement this workaround or make getting premium worth while?

As you are likely going to lose the games primary source of income (Premium) as it is no longer worth while

It should have been thought about prior to making the changes you are making as now there is a risk as a company that you may rush a "Fix" to try get people to get premium again as you wont be making as much 

Dear Joe, levo, hello all fishing lovers.
Before the official made this decision, did you consider that there are extra silver coins and extra fishing rods for high-level players, what should fishing players do? Just use my analogy, I let friends who play with me buy VIP, 1, fast upgrade, 2, fast skill. I let them all upgrade to a certain level and then upgrade their skills, and then go fishing for shells and shrimps to provide me with Russian maggots every day. Of course, after they reach a certain level, I use the silver coins I earned from Russian maggots to buy them. Fishing rods, wheels, do you think we are cheating? Helping each other, we have only friends relationship because we all like the fun that games bring us. Then the question came. A lot of people said why they would be willing to help me catch the shells. The shrimp came to provide me with fishing for Russian catfish. This is to ask the game developers. Why is it difficult for novices to make money, they only change. Get help from high-level players to get gold coin bugs, and then get the favorite fishing rod from high-level players. This is a good thing in itself, everyone is working hard for fishing. I also recharged a lot of money to buy gold coins. The fish caught by the worms were basically wasted worms. They were eaten by some small fish.
Joe, levo. Do you think it's illegal for me to do this?If it ’s illegal, please block my ID, because the chance of fish biting is too low now, I am watching TV while fishing, basically a movie for an hour and a half, I can only catch the few Fish. I don't like the current game

11 hours ago, Pettos said:

我知道它是什么,我在VK上看到了它,我的俄罗斯朋友告诉我一些黑市网站是中文的,并从该网站出售了装备。他们说,这已由高级用户在RF4论坛上确认。如果说什么呢?因此,我想也许是一种制止或试图制止这种方式的方法。他们感到无聊...总会找到一种出售服务的方法=(

As far as I know, Chinese websites sell fishing rods and wheels. Most of the players above level 40 can't catch any fish in the game. When they sell something, they will have a note saying why they don't want to play, but they may also lie, so that they can sell the fishing rod, wheel and low price, and then they will stay away from the game. Why can't we catch fish? That's because there are too many robots. In order to reduce the size of the robots, the authorities have been fishing day and night to make profits from them and then make profits through offline trading, so that normal fishermen can't catch many fish. Of course, there are also robot fishing for sale on the website. (this is not necessarily true from my own point of view) in a word, 1. New players are not easy to develop, they feel that the game is too difficult to develop, come and go, 2. High-level players also can not catch many fish slowly, and slowly walk with dissatisfaction. I have to say that the hateful robot is a bad guy

11 hours ago, Pettos said:

我知道它是什么,我在VK上看到了它,我的俄罗斯朋友告诉我一些黑市网站是中文的,并从该网站出售了装备。他们说,这已由高级用户在RF4论坛上确认。如果说什么呢?因此,我想也许是一种制止或试图制止这种方式的方法。他们感到无聊...总会找到一种出售服务的方法=(

They upgrade from level 1 very, very difficult, earn money, buy fishing rods, wheels, and decide to play games because they can't catch fish. Except with his very, very, very good friends, he may give you a very good top-level Carp Rod and wheel, which are basically sold on the website. Haven't these people ever loved rf4? What keeps them away from this game, dear developer.

5 hours ago, lliggy said:

4 hours ago, blute2 said:

this has absolutely nothing to do with cheaters

Also lets be honest you are throwing around "auction house" as a solution to this to throw people off the track - an auction house solves nothing from either side of this. either i will not be able to sell my "silver purchased" gear or all will be able to and you will again blame "bots"

@lliggy  how is this a step forward? bots will no longer sell reels but full preloaded accounts - meanwhile i will still be sitting here with the gear i worked hard for and upgraded from but am now unable to do anything with

Edited by damage076

rf4 admins. U can’t just ignore us. Talk with us. Ask what would make us stay if you do the change. Not just telling us we are doing the change. All the players on a lot of group rf4 sites have swore they will

not play the game after the 21st. I think u need to make silver easier to get and better bite rate before the change. Or there will be no player base

2 hours ago, damage076 said:

Also lets be honest you are throwing around "auction house" as a solution to this to throw people off the track - an auction house solves nothing from either side of this. either i will not be able to sell my "silver purchased" gear or all will be able to and you will again blame "bots"

@lliggy  how is this a step forward? bots will no longer sell reels but full preloaded accounts - meanwhile i will still be sitting here with the gear i worked hard for and upgraded from but am now unable to do anything with

1. For example, suppose you want to buy sth from bots. There are 2 ways. One is that you can still use your own account and get some equipment. Another is that you need to buy a new account with preloaded equipment. Apparently the first one is more attactive. You have your friends in your own account and you have lots of other games in your account. If you cannot use your own account to play this game, you will mainly not buy these equipment. We can never get rid of those "bots", what we can do is to cut down their profit. And this is a way to do this. Then these bots become fewer and fewer because they make less and less money.

2. The Auction House will do good to fight against bots. If the illegal bots use Plug to get silver and equipment. They will be easily detected and banned. So how will they get the equipment? Mainly from players who have enough money or have lots of retired equipment by a lower price. For them, if their retired equiment could become some real money, that will be a good thing. The Auction House is put forward to reduce the retired equipment to run into the bots. As mentioned above, it is a way to cut down their profits as  getting equipment becomes harder. Another important thing needed to notice is that the auction house will be good for high level players. They have a way to deal with the retired equiment. And that will help them save silver.

Dear players,

When we made the announcement on changes to the item mail system we understood that many players would be upset. We know that this game element is an important one to many players and that by removing it there would be side-effects. We decided to take this feature anyway, knowing the consequences. We will try to explain this decision in more detail, because in our view it is the lesser evil.

It is important to understand what a modern bot can do. The most advanced bots can completely automate the game including making decisions on when to change baits/spots, allowing an unscrupulous player to run as many bots as they have hardware to support. They then either sell items and accounts for real money, or distribute these ill-gained goods to themselves and members of their ‘associations’.

This behavior dramatically effects gameplay at the scale in which they are currently operating:

- Massive lost potential sales, which inhibit the further development of the game.

- Less integrity on the leaderboards and records. Ten bots that fish 24/7 have a better chance to score a record than an honest player who plays a more reasonable amount of time on a single account.  Because of the automation, these bots can rise on the level leaderboards faster than honest players who need rest. Some players rightfully say, ‘I don’t care about the leaderboards’, but we as developers have to guarantee their integrity for the players who take them seriously.

- A deflation in fish prices. The automatic system sells fish to the fish market over several accounts for hours. This has a significant impact on the market value of the fish. Honest players get less silver for their landing nets.

- Cheaters play far too big a role in important gameplay design decisions. With each in-game system, we have to ask ourselves how it can be misused, and this causes the development team to make design decisions that could have been made better without having to defend against cheating. No conventional protection works against this behavior because the game with the transmission system offers too many points of attack for users.

We are not trying to convince you that we are not losing an important game element. We know that. We also know that this change probably should have been made earlier. We have struggled with this for the same reasons that you list here. But the massive influence of the fraudsters threatens our game concept and the financial foundation on which it is based. That's why we had to act.

We would have liked to combine this change with some new game elements to replace the lost elements. However, these are not yet finished and if we present a semi-finished solution, we will only make it worse. Cheaters have ruined games bigger than ours and we will defend ourselves against them.

What we lose in the game hurts and robs the game of identity. But the alternative would be far worse. Give us some time to look for alternatives, especially for events and streams that live from this type of interaction. Sometimes a radical measure is needed to get rid of an problem that limits and spoils sustainable development. But as an honest player, think about how much better the game can get if we can contain and control the cheating/botting better.

Thank you,

Your RF4 team

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

Dear players,

When we made the announcement on changes to the item mail system we understood that many players would be upset. We know that this game element is an important one to many players and that by removing it there would be side-effects. We decided to take this feature anyway, knowing the consequences. We will try to explain this decision in more detail, because in our view it is the lesser evil.

It is important to understand what a modern bot can do. The most advanced bots can completely automate the game including making decisions on when to change baits/spots, allowing an unscrupulous player to run as many bots as they have hardware to support. They then either sell items and accounts for real money, or distribute these ill-gained goods to themselves and members of their ‘associations’.

This behavior dramatically effects gameplay at the scale in which they are currently operating:

- Massive lost potential sales, which inhibit the further development of the game.

- Less integrity on the leaderboards and records. Ten bots that fish 24/7 have a better chance to score a record than an honest player who plays a more reasonable amount of time on a single account.  Because of the automation, these bots can rise on the level leaderboards faster than honest players who need rest. Some players rightfully say, ‘I don’t care about the leaderboards’, but we as developers have to guarantee their integrity for the players who take them seriously.

- A deflation in fish prices. The automatic system sells fish to the fish market over several accounts for hours. This has a significant impact on the market value of the fish. Honest players get less silver for their landing nets.

- Cheaters play far too big a role in important gameplay design decisions. With each in-game system, we have to ask ourselves how it can be misused, and this causes the development team to make design decisions that could have been made better without having to defend against cheating. No conventional protection works against this behavior because the game with the transmission system offers too many points of attack for users.

We are not trying to convince you that we are not losing an important game element. We know that. We also know that this change probably should have been made earlier. We have struggled with this for the same reasons that you list here. But the massive influence of the fraudsters threatens our game concept and the financial foundation on which it is based. That's why we had to act.

We would have liked to combine this change with some new game elements to replace the lost elements. However, these are not yet finished and if we present a semi-finished solution, we will only make it worse. Cheaters have ruined games bigger than ours and we will defend ourselves against them.

What we lose in the game hurts and robs the game of identity. But the alternative would be far worse. Give us some time to look for alternatives, especially for events and streams that live from this type of interaction. Sometimes a radical measure is needed to get rid of an problem that limits and spoils sustainable development. But as an honest player, think about how much better the game can get if we can contain and control the cheating/botting better.

Thank you,

Your RF4 team

Ok just what for how bad a financial burden it is going to be if u do the change to trading. Tons of players already said they won’t buy prem anymore and won’t play after the 21st. So please listen to us or you have no idea how much worse the finically burden is going to be. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, redbeard420 said:

Ok just what for how bad a financial burden it is going to be if u do the change to trading. Tons of players already said they won’t buy prem anymore and won’t play after the 21st. So please listen to us or you have no idea how much worse the finically burden is going to be. 

90% of current premium players will not renew

9 minutes ago, damage076 said:

90% of current premium players will not renew

They think they can just promise stuff they have many times before to make us happy. This is the nail in the coffin. Wonder if rf4 knows about the meme lmao. If this change happens on the 21st I’m deleting this game and not looking back. Makes a lot of sense to punish the legit players. 

Edited by redbeard420