Levo_RF4

Q/A about changes to items transfer system

Check that poll out. And see for yourself how this change is going be worse for ur financial interests. Is this the last chance before rf4 goes belly up? Only reason you guys would do such a big change that no player wants.

94193374-7295-4D80-B588-E7D50476268F.png

96E327FF-AEBD-4510-84DE-54859AEFF911.jpeg

RF4 i dont think this will make the players happy, i buy premium yearly so............

• Like 1

prt2,  im lvl 40 now,  i use premium for trading only now, ... 

Edited by vape
  • Like 1

I'm thinking if this is really about the cheaters and bots, there should be other options you can can explore before this draconic measure you are about to take.

You would need to use some Social Network Analyses (SNA) software tool to analyze the large datasets you probably have to identify hubs, influencers, etcetera in the network and visualize and identify clusters of interconnected peers. That way you could get an overview of the problem and maybe disrupt entire clusters of bots/cheaters. Maybe give items a UIN so you can follow how it travels in the networks, stuff like that.

• Like 1

This is not so much about the upcoming change as more my thoughts in general on the evolution of this game over the years.

I do not think people are as concerned about trading tackle with one another as we are constantly feeling kicked when we are already down.  I think that if the changes in the game were not generally geared towards hindering our money generation or reducing/eliminating an aspect of the game we enjoyed over the years, the situation would not have snowballed into what is currently happening.

In 2018 we waited almost the entire year for new maps.  Then in 2019 we waited another year for the next map.  We stayed with the game after multiple livebait nerfs, rod test adjustments, 3 months of disconnects, trophy size changes, loss of repairing rod blanks, the list goes on and on.  In that same time we have hardly received any quality of life improvements.  Things that come to mind are the ability to see weather on a map without paying to travel there.  Seeing our player on the map.  Having the ability to hover over an icon in store to see how many of that item we have in our backpack.  There may be a couple more that I cant remember but they are such minor improvements and things that should have been implemented long before 2-3 years after release.  We were expected to appreciate these improvements but mostly just felt it was basic stuff that should have already been there.  If we do get a quality of life improvement, we know that we have to wait through 5 more changes that negatively effect us before we see something that barely improves the game for us again.  It is a hard pill to swallow as a player in a game that is already fairly punishing and time consuming.

There is a disconnect between the devs and the players that is felt hard by the majority of the community, and at this point we do not feel respected or even acknowledged.  Our voices are just not heard.  I feel this is where the problem is rooted.  Regardless of what this current change was they are implementing, the reaction would be the same.  We have our backs so far up against the wall at this point that there is no more room to cower and take it.  Just like in the animal kingdom, when you eventually get pushed into a corner, there is no where else to go except on the attack.

If we had received a proper balance of nerfs vs improvements over the years, then I am sure that it would be easier for the playerbase to accept that drastic measures needs to be taken to combat the current financial situation the company is in.  The more support we get, the more we would give back.  At the end of the day, no one wants to see the game shutdown.  There was a time in this game that players were on the developers side and were more understanding of their choices.  When I started playing this game in the beginning of 2018, there was more of a team feeling between the players and the developers.  Over time, this feeling has changed and it now just feels like a war.

Emotions are running high because we want to play this game.  We want to see it become better.  We are paying with our time and money to test your unfinished product.  We are the ones helping feed your families.  We just want a better experience from something that we invest so much time and money into.  We want to be treated as fairly as you treat yourselves.  I think we deserve that for the support we have shown.  But when you make us feel not important, not heard, and not involved, an angry and disgruntled mob is all you will see back in return.

Until the company changes its approach to the community, shows us more respect on game balancing and better returns for our time spent playing, things will only continue to get worse.  Small problems will always blow up into big problems based on the frustration levels we have.

• Like 15

54 minutes ago, BigDrock said:

This is not so much about the upcoming change as more my thoughts in general on the evolution of this game over the years.

I do not think people are as concerned about trading tackle with one another as we are constantly feeling kicked when we are already down.  I think that if the changes in the game were not generally geared towards hindering our money generation or reducing/eliminating an aspect of the game we enjoyed over the years, the situation would not have snowballed into what is currently happening.

In 2018 we waited almost the entire year for new maps.  Then in 2019 we waited another year for the next map.  We stayed with the game after multiple livebait nerfs, rod test adjustments, 3 months of disconnects, trophy size changes, loss of repairing rod blanks, the list goes on and on.  In that same time we have hardly received any quality of life improvements.  Things that come to mind are the ability to see weather on a map without paying to travel there.  Seeing our player on the map.  Having the ability to hover over an icon in store to see how many of that item we have in our backpack.  There may be a couple more that I cant remember but they are such minor improvements and things that should have been implemented long before 2-3 years after release.  We were expected to appreciate these improvements but mostly just felt it was basic stuff that should have already been there.  If we do get a quality of life improvement, we know that we have to wait through 5 more changes that negatively effect us before we see something that barely improves the game for us again.  It is a hard pill to swallow as a player in a game that is already fairly punishing and time consuming.

There is a disconnect between the devs and the players that is felt hard by the majority of the community, and at this point we do not feel respected or even acknowledged.  Our voices are just not heard.  I feel this is where the problem is rooted.  Regardless of what this current change was they are implementing, the reaction would be the same.  We have our backs so far up against the wall at this point that there is no more room to cower and take it.  Just like in the animal kingdom, when you eventually get pushed into a corner, there is no where else to go except on the attack.

If we had received a proper balance of nerfs vs improvements over the years, then I am sure that it would be easier for the playerbase to accept that drastic measures needs to be taken to combat the current financial situation the company is in.  The more support we get, the more we would give back.  At the end of the day, no one wants to see the game shutdown.  There was a time in this game that players were on the developers side and were more understanding of their choices.  When I started playing this game in the beginning of 2018, there was more of a team feeling between the players and the developers.  Over time, this feeling has changed and it now just feels like a war.

Emotions are running high because we want to play this game.  We want to see it become better.  We are paying with our time and money to test your unfinished product.  We are the ones helping feed your families.  We just want a better experience from something that we invest so much time and money into.  We want to be treated as fairly as you treat yourselves.  I think we deserve that for the support we have shown.  But when you make us feel not important, not heard, and not involved, an angry and disgruntled mob is all you will see back in return.

Until the company changes its approach to the community, shows us more respect on game balancing and better returns for our time spent playing, things will only continue to get worse.  Small problems will always blow up into big problems based on the frustration levels we have.

So well written. I agree totally sadly you know they won’t read it. Hell the admins only responded twice in the last two day. They think if they ignore us that takes care of that problem. The admins treat players like we are dumb and not know what’s going on.

Chinese RMT (real money traders) have been a cancer on certain games going back to the 90's. I have a deep-seeded disgust for their practices. Glad to see something be done about them infiltrating the game. At the same time, a bit disappointed that we wont be able to trade gears for gold baits anymore.

A possible workaround might be letting Premium members trade old gear in for vouchers that allow us purchase of gold bait. Or even simpler, just allowing premium members to purchase gold bait for silver. I think either one of these or something similar would calm the masses and keep people buying premium. Probably even greatly increase the premium subs.

• Like 4

Good way to force your players not to pay for your game anymore! And what about offering refunds to people who payed for premium and you change premium after that? People pay for one thing and do not recieve their moneys worth!?!? Oh yeah, we all know you will not answer or you will delete this comment or just keep promissing stuff that won't happen,  as usual. 

18 minutes ago, Apocalyptoo said:

A gold discount of 80% can be considered a good compensation 🤓

😁

Yeeaap 🧐

i still cant believe with all the community backlash you all are getting you are still gonna go through with this ridiculous change...why not listen to the community for once and not do go through with the change...its obvious that what 90%+ dont want this to happen so why still do it

Hi,

One thing i dont undestand also... I see lots people making second account now... also playin 2 accounts at same time(look BLEACHER twitch). I mean i feel this is kinda unfair too! I almost feel like i should make second and third account also just to make goldbaits to send my main.... whats up with this? Its allowed to run multiple accounts now? Have 15 rods out since biterate slow? Please do something bout this!

2 hours ago, Vislucht said:

Hi,

One thing i dont undestand also... I see lots people making second account now... also playin 2 accounts at same time(look BLEACHER twitch). I mean i feel this is kinda unfair too! I almost feel like i should make second and third account also just to make goldbaits to send my main.... whats up with this? Its allowed to run multiple accounts now? Have 15 rods out since biterate slow? Please do something bout this!

So you are wondering if a f2p game would be okay if you paid for 3 accounts of premium per month to send gold bait to yourself?  My guess is, they won't mind.

22 minutes ago, BigDrock said:

So you are wondering if a f2p game would be okay if you paid for 3 accounts of premium per month to send gold bait to yourself?  My guess is, they won't mind.

True but those 3 accounts dont have to be prem all the time... if i run lets say 2-3 accounts for goldbaits i could prob sell some on the 'black market' below the rf4 price and pay couple days prem for my baitmakers so i can send the baits.....

Also earlier in topic an Admin adresses the leaderboard issues... if u ask me 2 accounts bein played at same time have twice as much chance to make leaderboard compared to 1 account.

Sooo i guess i need crank it up get as much accounts as possible running

27 minutes ago, Vislucht said:

True but those 3 accounts dont have to be prem all the time... if i run lets say 2-3 accounts for goldbaits i could prob sell some on the 'black market' below the rf4 price and pay couple days prem for my baitmakers so i can send the baits.....

Also earlier in topic an Admin adresses the leaderboard issues... if u ask me 2 accounts bein played at same time have twice as much chance to make leaderboard compared to 1 account.

Two accounts being played has never been an issue.  There was streamers in the past that did it as well.  The issue was never trading gold baits and why we are still able to do it after this update.  The issue was botters playing 24 hours a day, while afk, buying gear with silver and selling it for gold baits.  It became to much of a strain on the economy from the companies viewpoint.  This update is to solve that problem.

Edited by BigDrock

And btw, I checked out your profile ingame and you were level 12.  You seem to know a lot about the gold bait economy for someone who just unlocked Old Burg.  So I assume you used one of your second or third accounts to log onto these forums to gripe about a streamer in a upcoming patch thread.  Guessing you didn't have the guts to use your main.  Just a hunch, but tell me I am wrong.  The irony was strong with this one.

Edited by BigDrock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDrock said:

And btw, I checked out your profile ingame and you were level 12.  You seem to know a lot about the gold bait economy for someone who just unlocked Old Burg.  So I assume you used one of your second or third accounts to log onto these forums to gripe about a streamer in a upcoming patch thread.  Guessing you didn't have the guts to use your main.  Just a hunch, but tell me I am wrong.  The irony was strong with this one.

I dont hold a grudge against anyone and i love watchin Bleacher stream just pointin out few things i dont feel problems are bein solved with these changes just bein moved.

13 minutes ago, Vislucht said:

I dont hold a grudge against anyone and i love watchin Bleacher stream just pointin out few things i dont feel problems are bein solved with these changes just bein moved.

You still came on the forums with a second account to complain about someone using a second account.  Just stop.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:05 AM, Vislucht said:

Getting an account to 100% bait crafting is a significant time investment, and paying for premium. Selling anything for real money is a ban and would be a dumb move. But regardless there has never been any rule saying you cant play on multiple accounts.

It is also a ton of time to level skills, unlock lakes, and even then it is a crap shoot to make the leaderboards. And if the account is a bait harvester, you wont be going for leaderboards with it anyway. So no, not twice as much chance. Much less, even though you put the same time and effort into it. The people with multiple accounts are supporting the game even more because they pay for premium on the alts atleast to send baits here and there. I see no problem with it.  But then again I was one of the first to get it done so I may be biased.

I thought there was only a need of premium to send items from one account to another, but you need also to be level 20? why haven't I read that anywhere, where is that info?

You want to get more people to the forum instead of the discord server ... and if a question is asked here, it won't be answered.

So again. Why does an account suddenly have to be level 20 to send things. I have a 2nd low-level account where I bought 50 gold a while ago, I have now bought premium for a few days and suddenly see that you have to be level 20 also to send stuff? That wasn't at first. Where was that announced?

5 hours ago, Xtro said:

You want to get more people to the forum instead of the discord server ... and if a question is asked here, it won't be answered.

So again. Why does an account suddenly have to be level 20 to send things. I have a 2nd low-level account where I bought 50 gold a while ago, I have now bought premium for a few days and suddenly see that you have to be level 20 also to send stuff? That wasn't at first. Where was that announced?

Hello - Xtro this unfortunately did not make the patch notes. We do understand your frustration with that. If you need specific help due to not knowing this restriction, please email support@rf4game.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1