Sign in to follow this  
GwolfG

Game Crash with no messages

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have played the game Steam Vesrion for few years witouth any problem. Recently I have upgraded my PC  from a AMD Fx 6300 based platform  to a new Rryzen Platform my new specs are:

Windows 10 Pro 1909 updated

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600

RAM 16GB

MB : Gibabyte Aorus X570 i pro wifi

GPU: Gigabyte Rx 570 4GB

I kept the same GPU that previoulsy worked perfectly , but suddenly after the upgrade game started to crash randomly (sometime after a long session and sometime after few mins.) without any specific messages. Gpu and CPU are not overclocked and other games are working correctly. Temps are perfectly fine for GPU 70c at full load and 60c for CPU.

I have tryed many different Radeon drivers version (with clean uninstall and reinstall in safe mode)  from the latest 20.4.1 and even back to older one 2019.1126.1955.35855. Unfortunately nothing worked. Please find attached the log and report tool output requested.

Thanks a lot  for your help on this 

OutputLog_PC-STUDIO_20200511101807.txt output_log.txt

Edited by GwolfG

For the records or for any future question like this coming from other players,  I have "hopefully" found the source of the problem.

My Gigabyte rx 570 GPU is a version clocked from factory  @1280 mhz instead of 1244 Mhz of the AMD reference. For some reason it seems that in this new configuration the Game cannot work at this frequency. Setting the card clock frequency to 1244 Mhz as the reference one "seems" solved the problem,  but i will keep testing..

The strange thing is that this happen only with RF4 , maybe a Unity engine issue ?

36 minutes ago, GwolfG said:

For the records or for any future question like this coming from other players,  I have "hopefully" found the source of the problem.

My Gigabyte rx 570 GPU is a version clocked from factory  @1280 mhz instead of 1244 Mhz of the AMD reference. For some reason it seems that in this new configuration the Game cannot work at this frequency. Setting the card clock frequency to 1244 Mhz as the reference one "seems" solved the problem,  but i will keep testing..

The strange thing is that this happen only with RF4 , maybe a Unity engine issue ?

Thank you for the report and the suggested fix.

7 minutes ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

Thank you for the report and the suggested fix.

The development team is aware and is working on this.

58 minutes ago, OldGamer said:

Thnx i go try it to whant i have the same problum to.

Hello - can you please provide the windows error report for your crash? I want to make sure you are actually having the same problem or if it is something different.

2 hours ago, GwolfG said:

Hello, 

just in case this is my WER report file

Apologize but is in Italian

WER.txt 4.32 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you - we are aware of the AMD related crashes. This is related to Unity. The developers are testing the latest Unity update which addresses these crashes. When the testing is complete they will release it. We have no ETA.