Make sure to read the list of known bugs below first to see if it's not already been reported. If you have any screenshots or taken a vid, please share the link with us. In the case of crashes, please send us your output_log.txt along with a short description to support@rf4game.com. 
--------------------------------
List of known bugs:

-------------------------------------

• Description tag shows on Old Burg map   fixed patch 11-11-2017
  • Activity messages (ate/consumed/threw) have an extra capital  fixed patch 11-11-2017
  • Rod labels 'hard' instead of 'heavy'  fixed patch 11-11-2017
  • Garlic Dough states it requires Butter, but it needs Sunflower Oil  fixed patch 11-11-2017
  • 4K monitors not integrated  fixed patch 11-11-2017
  • Intro video playing without sound  fixed patch 11-11-2017
  • Loss of float on line breaking  fixed patch 11-11-2017: you can still lose the float, but chances are reduced.
  • Purple graphics glitches appearing in game.  fixed patch 11-20-2017
  • Some images show different weight than the description does.  fixed patch 11-20-2017
  • Sometimes gear can't be repaired due to a bug. fixed patch 01-02-2018
  • Repaired items 'freeze' on pick-up in the repair shop fixed patch 01-02-2018
  • Not letting the animation finish setting down or picking up rods/storing them in inventory can cause a freeze
  • Lure/Line disappears after recovering from snag -> workaround for now: reel in all the line (takes a while), then swap lure, then swap to previous lure.
  • Out of Bait message while there is still bait in inventory
  • Various spots on Old Burg Lake cause player to get stuck
  • Various spots on Lake Volkhov cause player to get stuck
  • Greenerie 'moves' along with the player
  • Mouse goes out of the game in windowed mode/Alt+Tab -> quick workaround for now, press and hold T for a moment.
  • On Volkhov and Sura there are a few spots where a player on the boat falls off the map.
  • Common Roach moves when rotating in 3D view
  • Character sometimes 'squats/bends the knee' when reeling in fish
  • At Kuori character may fall into the water and "teleport" to base
  •  Rod pole stands didn't get removed when the rod is stored.
  •  Can hear rain but I cant see it.
  •  Patch of weed in mid-air on Bear.
  •  Record catch float tackle, Record catch spinning tackle,Record catch feeder tackle. being reported incorrectly. 
  • line disappears randomly.
  • Long casting bug
  • Bells on feeder rods bugging out.
  • Ingame resolution sometimes gets stuck cannot change.
  • Scoop.
  • Gamepads and other controllers cause character movement when plugged in.

Bug Reporting, From now on please do the following Steps:

1. Check the the List at the beginning of the topic.
  2. Only post new bugs.
  3. Provide as much info as possible (how and where,screenshots if available,are you able to recreate the bug).
  4. You may note that your post will appear to vanish after a short time. It HAS NOT been deleted. Once a bug is reported, it will be added to the bug list above, then the post will be kept for our technical records. It simply will no longer be visible in the thread.

This topic is here for the sole purpose of reporting bugs anything other than that will be moved to the correct topic or remove entirely.

Thank you 

Rf4Game 

So.. Fishing from the island at Kuori, 3 rods.

1 Picker rod, 1 Carp rod, and 1 Feeder rod, i get a bite on the picker rod, reel in, and as soon as the fish leaves the water, it gets away. Then the fun begins.

It now looks like i have no line on the rod, check inventory, its still there, notice that lines on rod 2 and 3, seems to be missing aswell, put rod 1, into bag, pull it out, cast out, set down rod. Repeat this on all 3 rods, as you can see in the video.

However, after a while, of no bites, i reel rod 1 in again, and as soon as its fully in, line disappears, this time only rod 1.

Ended up rebooting the game, this seemed to help.

https://youtu.be/4a45YlMCtR4

I have a problem with groundbaits, when i doing groundbaits about 50 balls, i got 0.4% completely. silver issued over 600. from what I know, not only I have this problem. because I asked in the chat in the game and a dozen people said that he has a problem alone. i write message to support  and nothing, they stated that everything is ok and it depends on the time in which I am doing it. what time ???. Once there was no dependence on what time. the strangest thing is that I was crafting together with a fellow mate, he gets 0.2% each time. and I for 10 balls 0.1%. so he's now over 80% and I'm still 64.

1 minute ago, waznewz said:

Well call me stupid, but in game that claims to be some what realistic, a 55g fish eating a bait +hook almost it's own size, again and again, is a sign of everything working as it should?  Im sorry, but im pissed about wasted time, wasted bait, and wasted silver or gold, on fishing for something that would fit in a fimble. 

Big hooks big fish the game says, over and over on loading screen, i think it's time to put up, or shut up, to use a modern frase. 

And just to clarify, as you seem to have missed my point completly, my example with gold bought bait, was just just that, an example.. 

How about on lures.. A large 34g pike lure, with a 4/0 getting several tiiiiny ruffe, or perch in the range 31g+.

Yes, you could hook one in the back or something, reeling in, but that would almost be as rare as a trophy size. 

So, all in all, i maintain that this is a bug, and is in the right place. 

I believe they describe the game as a game with some realistic aspects. It does not mimic real life in every aspect.

And yes bigger hooks will allow you to catch bigger fish. I have never seen a loading screen anywhere that says "Avoid small fish with big hooks" Or "Use big hooks and you will catch big fish anywhere 100% of the time"  Which is what you seem to expect.

The flaw is in your expectation, not the game imo, not a bug tho.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, k2swirus said:

I have a problem with groundbaits, when i doing groundbaits about 50 balls, i got 0.4% completely. silver issued over 600. from what I know, not only I have this problem. because I asked in the chat in the game and a dozen people said that he has a problem alone. i write message to support  and nothing, they stated that everything is ok and it depends on the time in which I am doing it. what time ???. Once there was no dependence on what time. the strangest thing is that I was crafting together with a fellow mate, he gets 0.2% each time. and I for 10 balls 0.1%. so he's now over 80% and I'm still 64.

Hi k2swirus

Once you have a higher skill it is harder to progress, it requires more effort to skill up. It was explained many times before here on the forum. I checked your logs and there is no bug, you skill increased 0.9% since yesterday and you didn't make a lot of GB, everything is as it should be. 

In the future patch, as announced, there will be a new feature that will increase a chance for all players with a premium to skill up easier for the 1st hour each day, so it will get little easier soon.

Regards

Levo

6 minutes ago, marinora said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.4573120b2d76ce299cf705c9ad5fe956.png

2 minutes ago, marinora said:

Sorry to disturb you again, but I just dont know how to get a screen shot to send to you,but anyway I am now at volkov and it is the same .When   i press 0 the rod goes on the pod in the boat,but after when I want to take it , there is not buton to take it. when on the shore when I trow in the water and put the rod ao the ground ,after when  iam around it it says on the screen E-take rod.Y -close reel etc.just now my boy took screen shot of it so I will attache it

Kind Regards  

@marinora when you are in the boat and put the rod in the holder and want to pick it up again you need to hit 1,2,3 keys to pick it up. the keys are the slots that you put the rod in and then allow you to pick it up that way.

9 minutes ago, irishman said:

old down the U key then drag your rods to the top of the screen there is 3 boxes to place your rods the first box is going to be no 1 key second box is going to be no 2 key 3rd box is going to be no 3 key, when you need to pic up rods use the 123 keys

1 hour ago, fishinbuddy said:

I'm not sure if i am doing something wrong, but after the update i am unable to try out the new river.

rf4_4.0.10464_20180803_003732.png

same for all china players...

Belaya river

No any "new" fish on new river. Maybe bug because i see other palyers same fault. I try everything and 3 in game days.

Why my feeder bells go to blind sometimes? (or its crazy, i mean, really crazy).

Now i see my keepnet is empty, 9 fish is gone (i do not sell it!).

Im wrong in game chat if go to Belaya.

I get the message: Game content Patch Failed when trying to start the game. Do I have to re-install or is there another solution? 

1 minute ago, mel.o.mel said:

I get the message: Game content Patch Failed when trying to start the game. Do I have to re-install or is there another solution? 

I got that as well, just close the game and try again, if it doesn't work, please contact us.

hi,

have u guys changed the algorithm for bream on mosquito? been trying to catch some but in 3 rl hours no bream to be found...tried allot...worms, pea porridge, garlic dough, bream groundbait etc... different spot.... just no breams to be found...same on old burg didn't try so long there but no breams neither. asked in chat and nobody got a bream on mosquito so idk...

No fish but 'rig is cut off by fish teeth', 2 times in a row on Kuori... 2 good lures and leaders are gone...

It has not happened before with no ...fish

2 hours ago, Pindobinha said:

I got that as well, just close the game and try again, if it doesn't work, please contact us.

I've tried multiple times with the same result.

3 hours ago, mel.o.mel said:

I've tried multiple times with the same result.

Try this, please:
1. Shut down the game
2. Right click on the Russian Fishing 4 Icon and select properties.
3. Click on the compatibility tab.
4. Click the checkbox that says run this program as administrator.
5. Click apply
6. Click Ok

12 minutes ago, Pindobinha said:

Try this, please:
1. Shut down the game
2. Right click on the Russian Fishing 4 Icon and select properties.
3. Click on the compatibility tab.
4. Click the checkbox that says run this program as administrator.
5. Click apply
6. Click Ok

That did nothing. 

41 minutes ago, Pindobinha said:

Try reinstaling.

Thanks. I was about to try that when you replied earlier. Unfortunately I have slow internet that has been acting up some today so this is going to take awhile. Fortunately my Steam Account is working so I do not have to go completely without :-)

Edited by mel.o.mel

Fish got away

I am getting this issue at an increasing rate. I used to have this problem at lower levels, but once i switched to deadly loop hooks, it went away for a long time. However, the past week or two i have been fishing for carp a lot at bear lake, and i get "fish got away" very often. Both small and large carp. I have discussed this with many people in chat. Some who share my experiences, getting very frustrated about the seemingly random getaways, and some (well 1 in particular) who claims he has never lost a fish in this game where it wasn't his own fault.

I have been going over my gear setups and fish fighting style with that one person in particular, and he can't find anything wrong with it, yet still he claims that i must be doing something wrong. If i am, i would love to know what, because i am on the verge of quitting the game for this particular reason alone.

I have tried fighting fish in green tension only (aiming for maximum green). I have tried to fight fish in the mid yellow (which the aforementioned person claims to be the sweet spot). I have tried fighting fish with my up high, up 45 degree sideways high, 90 degrees sideways high, 135 degrees sideways high, backwards high, and the same at ground level. I have tried with and without "forcing" (aka very active use of shift to quickly remove any loss of desired tension). I have tried without any forcing at all (no shift). I have tried with continuous forcing. I have tried with rmb down throughout fights. I have tried without any rmb except when landing a fish. I have active use of rmb to turn running fish.

Yet, with all these different approaches, and seemingly doing the same as everyone else (i watch a lot of RF4 streams), i get more and more "fish got away" both on mid yellow tension as well as high green tension. I even occasionally lose fish that are already tired out which i am reeling in.

The issue seems to come in waves. Some days it is not present at all, or barely, where i chuck it down to be the "rng" factor of simulated real life of a bad hook setting. Which i am perfectly fine with. Other days it seems to happen constantly, as with f ex the current fishing session i am on. And it is not because i am unable to land fish or even large fish. I landed a 27.92kg trophy grass carp about on hour ago. However, on the same rod setup i have lost several fish to "fish got away" both before and after in this same session, although i have fought them no differently in this session.

Lastly it happens on my other rod setups as well, and in multiple current and past configurations. I have also noticed that sometimes (but not always) when it feels particularly bad, many other (experienced) players are losing fish according to the chat.

To attempt to shed some light on this, here is the setups used in my current session:

Rod 1, loop rig:

Syberia Fortuna Carp 360H (0.3% wear)

Sputnik Alfa 8000 (1.4% wear)

Snake Ultra line 30LB DGB 300m (246m on reel)

Express Fishing Twin bells - FA

Westhill Masked Mesh 060

Carp mix groundbait (standard)

No leader

Simmons Deadly loop CL-18 S6 (0% wear) - i have tried Berserk Hooks Bloody Series S6 with similar results

Old Pal Nordic Esterberry 20 (current bait, but ofcourse i use many different flavours and sizes of boilies)

No PVA stick

Rod 2, loop rig:

Express Fishing Persey FD110 (1.7% wear)

Sputnik Alfa 8000 (10.2% wear, mainly friction brake)

Express Fishing Square Bell - FA

Westhill Masked Mesh 060

Carp mix groundbait (standard)

No leader

Simmons Deadly loop CL-18 S6 (0% wear)

Smar Boilies Mussels and fruits 20 (current bait, but just one of many like above)

No PVA stick

(Rod 3 is currently set up for pike spinning in this session)

Relevant talents are:

Using a spinning reel 0/5

Fishing with a feeder rod 7/7

Fishing with a carp rod 0/7

Using a loop rig 3/3

Account used is NOT the account used to post this with.

In game account name: OndeTv (through steam)

I am filing this under bugs because as i have written above i have run out of other options i and others can think of. If it is indeed something i am doing wrong i would love to know what, because i and others can not figure it out.