Crucian

Float Fishing Q&A

1 minute ago, bogrado said:

Float carp rig nowadays is basically a bottom rig with a float as the bite indicator. You can't really fish at any depth you want.

You need to set the depth of the bottom. Test it with the marker rod or estimate from the map.

ok thanks i didn't know i was breaking my mouth so much thinking

Hello i recently bought an ultralight telescopic and was wondering about the KG indicator if its orange is this going to break the rod? 

rf4_4.0.14224_20200606_133753.png

7 hours ago, Lee- said:

Hello i recently bought an ultralight telescopic and was wondering about the KG indicator if its orange is this going to break the rod? 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.14224_20200606_133753.png

Ideally you don't want to have that indicator on.  It does cause more damage to the rod when using it.

Hi can you tell me when using a leader for telescopic setup do i add the leader length to the depth set the reason i ask is when i add leaders the depth to bottom as in float not sitting right laying flat seems to change 

6 hours ago, Lee- said:

Hi can you tell me when using a leader for telescopic setup do i add the leader length to the depth set the reason i ask is when i add leaders the depth to bottom as in float not sitting right laying flat seems to change 

Hello,
You don't need to add the leader lenght to the depth, but while the leader change the presentation of the rig on the water, you might need to add some few extra cm.

Regards,
Pindobinha.

Hi Pindobinha Thanks for getting back to me .With the hair rig i need to add length of leader to depth otherwise the float sinks so it seems the length of leader is deducted from the overall depth of rig