RF4mod

Mosquito Lake

komar.jpg

A quiet lake, surrounded by pathless Novgorodian forests. In a small village, situated on the steep bank of the lake, you can buy only essential commodities, also there you can sell fish and repair your tackles. Accessibility and a wide variety of fish make this location a perfect place for a beginner at angling.

To access this water body you need to be level 1.

On 30/11/2017 at 7:47 AM, SevSaint said:

A really good lake. I have moved onto the river and the third lake, old burg. The problem i am having is the difficulty on old burg. The fish can break your gear and unless you do some research you will learn the hard way. So i had to back track to mosquito. Mosquito is a good lake to start with cause of the amount of easy fish and the way it teaches you. 

Old Burg can be very frustrating if you face it on light-medium/light equipment. But if you learn some tactical tricks you can land some big carp even on weak equipment (i.e. I recently landed a 11,5 kg catfish on a 8kd test line). Never chose a fishing spot where the beasts have space to flee and spool your line. So be shure to have a lot of line in your spool (I'd say 140+ meters) so that you can foollow them around the lake untill they are exausted. Also check the map, there is a small "lake" where you can fight them in thiny space if you place yourself on the small bridge and even if they manage to escape, you'll be able to follow them to the left or right shore. 

That said, yeh Mosquito is a nice place even for high levels. I travel here very often to catch medium sized fish and enjoy the temperate weather. Still trying to catch a catfish... ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cns180784 said:

I've started fishing with diced potatoes and orange boilies on Mosquito hoping to hook into the bigger Carp but hasnt happened so far. I did catch a 4.8kg Common Carp there and that was on a Pea, was difficult reeling it in with the gear i had. Was using 7lb line now i have 10lb with a better reel. Seems very random where you catch the Common Carp at least on Mosquito.

What I learnt exploring the different lakes and rivers of RF4 is that same fish has different food preferences based on the habitat where he lives. Potatoes can be very effective at Bear Lake but do not work that good at Mosquito Lake. I think that maggots, peas and corn and even nightcrawlers and self made bait  are more "catchy" at Mosquito's, talking about common carp.

A subtle detail that gives RF4 such a realistic feeling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VapingCarper said:

Is there any Catfish here? Just curious...

I'm curious too. I never cought one but iirc someone else did it. 

2 hours ago, VapingCarper said:

Is there any Catfish here? Just curious...

21 minutes ago, JunkyJuke said:

I'm curious too. I never cought one but iirc someone else did it. 

just go to mosquitoe, open the records tab and you will see all the fish that you can catch there ;)

10 minutes ago, AndreasE said:

Is the order for White Bream 900g-1kg a bit optimistic considering the water bodie record is 848g?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

A water body record doesn't mean you cannot catch a bigger one ;) . Sometimes you'll see orders of certain fish species where it asks for a trophy or a rare trophy of said species. This is one of those. 

• Thanks 1

Had a good session today. 5 trophy fish in a spot that is usually quite slow for me. I always come back and try though as I had a good feeling about it. :)  All on nightcrawlers.

Spoiler

5a8825b479ec8_TrophySpot.thumb.png.53436158cfe725036e7c000ac045767b.png

Spoiler

5a8825338b7a8_5TrophyFish.thumb.png.efeadb5a281c89fd2dcdd25fbc07f873.png

• Like 3

Just caught a 5.9 kg common carp on the cheapest feeder rod and spinning reel with 5 lb test here. (with pretty low skill) It took... forever.

Edited by Tenzen

Should I try to catch fish here using spinning rods (beginner quality gear) ? I am 11 lvl and I caught a 3kg and 5kg pike here. It was very fun, but after the latest patch (4.09535), it seems nothing bites, and spoons aren't allowed on my level. Plus, it seems "jig step" can't be done anymore?

2 hours ago, Nero Gaming said:

any spot for frog's ?

Hello Mr Nero, i find frogs on the east of the map around the lilly pads, you can sometimes hear them croaking too!

Use a tiny hook with a fly or bloodworm on a telescopic rod :) 
Note- this works for me, but may not be the best way

A solid session on Mosquito not much money but I had fun for that 1 hour I was there. Also this 10kg carp surprised me on Nightcrawler. xD

Spot is 35:49, potatoes, nightcrawlers and for frogs either Fly or Bloodworm. Casting just before that patch of grass, later I switched in between log and lillypads.

Spoiler

CrucccianT.thumb.png.9786d949ce3110e2a9aa3ecbab8047e8.png

Spoiler

CruccianT.thumb.png.d28481300a5dd2cc617c76be8e265a28.png

Spoiler

MosquitoSession.thumb.png.f67ea6616ecdc2a66e15ab15197c7427.png

I go with 30cm, hook 18, Fly for Frogs here.

Spoiler

Frogs.thumb.png.b66a02a5591c463da690f4976cef6baf.png

• Like 1

Sorry did not take any pictures.

But, the other day I wanted a change of pace, so came back to Mosquito for a bit of chill fishing. Thought I would grab me a few Crucians or Gibel.

I went to the area just over the bridge and down to the left through the reeds there, and set up 3 feeders, casting between the small mud bank i was on and the log on the left there.

One feeder on worm, one on Bread and one on Maggot.

My goodness, one after another after another fish, soon as one was halfway in another rod would pop.

Between 35 minutes and 1 hour RL I had 100 fish. Had a break came back to game, did same again. Did this three times.

No monsters, just one Trophy, a few C-Carp, mostly Crucians and Gibel, quite a few sleepers, some roach, couple Ruffe, couple perch, each time.

300 fish in under 3 hours total.

Tried to refill my vape kit, no chance, soon as I put one rod down, another bell would ring, then another, then another it was all reel in, cast, reel in cast. best fun I have had in a while. Lol.

• Like 1

Hello,

When does the store reset?

I have been playing for a couple of days but the basic hooks (Stinger Orig size 18-14) have been out of stock the whole time, this is a bit frustrating as a new player.

Also I was advised to get some spices for mulled wine to increase my mood but once again it has been out of stock whenever I have looked.

Thanks

PuddleJumper

Just skip them mate they are extremely tiny hooks. even a pet goldfish in a 10 liter bowl could swallow them.

Any alcohol will increase mood when its raining or tea or coffee.

1 hour ago, Sshadow said:

Just skip them mate they are extremely tiny hooks. even a pet goldfish in a 10 liter bowl could swallow them.

Any alcohol will increase mood when its raining or tea or coffee.

Thanks Sshadow, I was trying to stick with the basic setup, that I was provided at the start so I could ease into the game and then slowly learn the basics.

Nice hope they will help out with my mood.

2 hours ago, PuddleJumper said:

Hello,

When does the store reset?

I have been playing for a couple of days but the basic hooks (Stinger Orig size 18-14) have been out of stock the whole time, this is a bit frustrating as a new player.

Also I was advised to get some spices for mulled wine to increase my mood but once again it has been out of stock whenever I have looked.

Thanks

PuddleJumper

Using a 15-17 hook on baitfish of even the smallest size still seems to work pretty well. Frogs I use a 22, 11-13 for roach and small bream,  9-11 for crucians and gibels, 7-10 ide chub, 6-9 large bream, tench

These are just my personal preferences for feeder fishing and are subject to change.

I also thought it was funny that none of them fall under the hooks that are out of stock lol, so I thought I would share. But ya maybe give some other sizes a try and dont wait around for restocks as they are random for each individual item for now (I think I heard a fix might be coming at some point to help the out of stock situation at some places)

Also, once you unlock volkov you can go there and find mostly anything.

Edited by Tenzen
added words

Thanks Tenzen, I will try some other hooks, just do not have much money and I have seen a couple of people advise you can lose money fast by breaking gear, so was sticking with the basics for a while. 

I was not sure if bigger hooks might cause me some issues with bigger fish.

50 minutes ago, PuddleJumper said:

Thanks Tenzen, I will try some other hooks, just do not have much money and I have seen a couple of people advise you can lose money fast by breaking gear, so was sticking with the basics for a while. 

I was not sure if bigger hooks might cause me some issues with bigger fish.

I cannot guarantee that on any size hook. Caught an almost 7kg common carp on a size 19 hook at mosquito (cheapest reel 5lb test) when I first started the game. But yes the smaller hooks would be safest to use.  And catching the bigger fish with them is rare. I havent hooked anything that big on small hooks ever since.

Good location for lower medium level players who have a lacerti or sabre to farm xp and silver..fish common carp, tench, ide, crucian, gibel, sleepers, roach.  Fish around the stumps.

I used sweet corn 14 for most of these.  Its available at the shop there.  Some were on potatoes. 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_215425.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_205553.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_192339.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 22/06/2018 at 4:13 AM, Jvan said:

Good location for lower medium level players who have a lacerti or sabre to farm xp and silver..fish common carp, tench, ide, crucian, gibel, sleepers, roach.  Fish around the stumps.

I used sweet corn 14 for most of these.  Its available at the shop there.  Some were on potatoes. 

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_215425.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_205553.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_192339.png

Nice Spot ! thank you for sharing your best fishing spots again thank you very much appreciate!