Denis RF4

Mosquito Lake

20 hours ago, LoneWulvss said:

hiya so recently i have been working my rods off haha im trying to get perch trophys and im having no luck the biggest i can pull in is around 1.5kg what i want to know is there any groundbait that i could possible use to attract the bigger perch also its the same with ide & ruff trophys i have spent almost 2 weeks at the same lake trying to do this but notthing will work any suggestions would be great thanks

@LoneWulvss

For hunting big Perch I like to use the Wacky Worm, in the evening and morning hours seems to work well. Trophy Ruffe I caught on NC in the area marked on the map (green spot), also at night fishing in the short reeds you`ll find there. For Ide I changed the Attractant of the basic Ide GB from Sunflower oil to Salmon. The location for Ide I have marked red on the map, Ide seems to like rainy weather.

Regards and good luck,

Butcher™

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/22/2018 at 4:13 AM, Jvan said:

Good location for lower medium level players who have a lacerti or sabre to farm xp and silver..fish common carp, tench, ide, crucian, gibel, sleepers, roach.  Fish around the stumps.

I used sweet corn 14 for most of these.  Its available at the shop there.  Some were on potatoes. 

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_215425.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_205553.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180621_192339.png

Clip?

Guys Finally got my trophy perch on Mosquito this came in with bleak using size 4 extra large hooks i was on spot 48:62

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 2

YESSS!!! Finally got my trophy frog and I am so relieved lol. Now I just need a Perch & an Ide. I always wondered where the frogs and bleak hang out and tonight I found the darn things. I guess it sometimes pays to fish from somewhere other than marked pegs

39:57 through the reeds

Telesticks

size 22 hook

Horsefly bait

Spoiler

3957.png

Spoiler

trophy frrog.png

On 7/10/2019 at 3:19 AM, LoneWulvss said:

Guys Finally got my trophy perch on Mosquito this came in with bleak using size 4 extra large hooks i was on spot 48:62

Hide contents

Screenshot_1.png

On 7/10/2019 at 3:19 AM, LoneWulvss said:

Congrats. I'm still after a perch and an Ide trophy to finish Mosquito trophys

1 minute ago, Billie MCJingles said:

Congrats. I'm still after a perch and an Ide trophy to finish Mosquito trophys

lol the ide having trouble getting that the lake is dead since i got my perch hahahaa

Right, so it's your fault eh?

😎

I was just reading the post by Butcher 1972 about perch and Ide and I fish that shelf a lot but cant get a trophy haha. I cant use the salmon yet but Im working on it. I will give it a try with a fishy attractant and see what happens. Or just wait until I CAN use the salmon attractant

Good luck with the other trophy's

finally pulled in my trophy ide guys was on spot 51:59 24m cast using size 12 deadly loops with salmon 14 early morning

Spoiler

Screenshot_3.png

Edited by Crucian
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, SteelHead said:

what weather and time of day ? did you use IDE GB ?

Hi

It was at night and yes I used standard Ide GB 

Regards

Levo

hello filipefle23 the groundbait you use is classic gibel/crucian or you put something else inside??

Edited by St1Lo

Spoiler

image.png.7aa4cf51c7120fa2d6a3814b03bc58fb.png

Spoiler

image.png.72d12a26c0c9e95c0b891d0819d1a531.png

For anyone wanting to close the Perch trophy on Mosq, this worked pretty well for me. 51 59

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just some help for new players - took about an hour

spot 1 and 2 - clip 6

spot 3 clip 7 just before grass

if you unlocked hair rig u can use the sinking boilie rig

also the leader was made but can be exchanged with fluoro leader (about 6kg max according to the max load of your rod)

which gives a very good bite rate

TIGHT LINES!!!

Net.png

Spot 1.png

Spot 2.png

Spot 3.png

rig 1a.png

rig 1b.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, luke123 said:

where is best for tench and what bait and setup 

Hello,
Tench on mosquito lake is quite rare, wouldn't be that great to try fishing them there instead of Old Burg, I would wait until there to start fishing it.
Usually they would bite on anything Cheese related, Honey (doughs or small boilies), also Worms from regular to nightcrawler (obviously sharing it with many other fishes, you might not catch as many tench). Have in mind that bait preferences might change over the time.
In this post you can find a lot more information about them:

Regards,
Pindobinha

9 minutes ago, Pindobinha said:

Hello,
Tench on mosquito lake is quite rare, wouldn't be that great to try fishing them there instead of Old Burg, I would wait until there to start fishing it.
Usually they would bite on anything Cheese related, Honey (doughs or small boilies), also Worms from regular to nightcrawler (obviously sharing it with many other fishes, you might not catch as many tench).
In this post you can find a lot more information about them:

Regards,
Pindobinha

thanks 

1 hour ago, daggabull said:

:)))))))

Spoiler

gible aaa.png

Hi

Awesome fish !!! can you add some info where it was caught, cords, bait etc ?

Thanks

Levo

• Like 1