Wayne

Feeder Fishing Q&A

4 hours ago, Strings said:

So i just unlocked feeder fishing 35% Paternoster rig, and now i need to put groundbait in the feeders. Before this i never really used groundbait, so i dont really know allot about it. I was wondering if it works the same as the stowable balls? Do i need to put groundbait in the feeder every cast? can i over feed a spot? Any other good tips? thanks

each feeder holds a certain amount of the throwable balls, you add them to it just as you do any bait on any hook in the information window.

58 minutes ago, bugs80 said:

thanks Ladyof games for your reply

i even watched your video

Reveal hidden contents

im not catching any fish on my  feeder setup not hearing any sounds or seeing tension on the line, most of the time  getting message saying fish is gone

Hi Bugs
When you've casted out with the feeder rod and set it down, make sure to put tension on the line. To do that, stand close to the rod, look at it and tap [Y] until the line is tight. That way you will hear the bells when there is a fish on. And when the line is slacking, it means there is a fish nibbling on the bait, possibly even hooked and swimming towards your rod. That's why it helps to make sure your rod points away from where you casted out. Setting it parallel to the shore works most of the time for me, so I create an angle between 45-90 degrees. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

5 minutes ago, bugs80 said:

Thanks Lady

doing the same putting it at 45degrees, making sure the line is tight very frustrating not catching anything and missing fish with out hearing a sound do i need to spend skill points to catch fish or do i need to change hook using S2 classic ATM and what are the best skills to spend on feeder setup

thanks again

Ah, I see the problem. Your hook is too big, that's why so many fish get away, they can't take it. Use a smaller hook. I myself hardly ever use anything bigger than #4 when feeder fishing for carp. You do indeed also need to invest skill points into the bottom fishing tree. My advice is to first put points into the usage of a feeder rod and then into the usage of a reel. After you've maxed those two out, do you move onto putting 1 or 2 points into rigs until you reach method feeders. If you're a low level and have just started out, I would advice you to use hooks size #20-#12 at first. Those are enough to catch decent size to big fish. Only later at Old Burg would I start using hooks #10-#6. And at Lake Bear is when #4 comes into play.

30 minutes ago, Badger5678 said:

I was wondering if using a fluorocarbon leader with the feeder rod would increase bite rates when using heavier line?

For species that hunt with their eyes and have a good eyesight yes .

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Poopfeast420 said:

For a feeder rod.. what is the benefit of braid vs mono?

I read the userguide but I've noticed that Syberia Indiana wears down realllllllly quickly no matter how big/small the fish. Is there a better / more cost effective alternative?

Thank you

Hey Poopfeast420,
braid line does not flex and wears off faster while mono line does flex and doesn't wear off as fast. Saying that, it means that you have more room to play the fish with mono, while with braid the force you apply, applies direclty to the fish.

25 minutes ago, boomtime said:

hay i have been fish with fred for a long time now i have have been follow this set up my the kg but i have now found out that the kg weight on a rob to the reel and the link need to go up to be about to fish quickly and easyer and big kg fish hire is a pic of my set up now  i can bring in up to 10kg grass carp on that 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.913ed751c1ced7f07052e134be9d3f08.png

and hire is a pic of what was on a better rob but the fish just keep run and run and run and i just could not get anything really big on it just keep on braking all the time

so which set up is right and which set is wrong then please help 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.a120c21c09767cbe5176ccebafca85ea.png

I am sorry but I just don't understand what you are on about. Please take the time to look at your post as it is fully of strangeness... 'hire, rob, fish with fred' etc. I mean no offence but it is not our job  to spell and grammar check your English in order to make your questions understandable. 

1 hour ago, boomtime said:

I have been doing feeder fishing for a long time now

these two pictures are the way I have been setting up my rods 

I thought you had to follow the kg weight of the rods and the kg weight of the Real and the kg weight of the line

but I have found that the 5Kg rod and the 7.5 kg real with 10.5kg line works a lot better that the is better than the 13kg rob and the 7.5kg real with 10.5kg line

which of these set-ups is the right way to fish then because the top picture setup is better than the bottom picture set up in my experience

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Hi boomtime

As a general rule, your setup (Heaviest to lightest) should be as follows: Rod (Being able to carry the heaviest load) Reel (Equal to (At most) or LOWER than your rods recommended load capacity) Line being the lowest & Weakest of your setup to prevent any damage to the rest of your setup. 

ALSO as a side-note, if there is any confusion between kg - lbs Take the weight in kg, double it, you will have the weight in lbs -13% which will be a perfectly (or near perfectly) balanced setup.

8 hours ago, Biffdit said:

I'm having trouble with the rod snapping as I pick it up. Youtube video is linked below. The time stamps are 0:45, 1:01 and 1:15. This only happens on this feed rod. It does not happen on my Bolognese or Telescopic. Not sure if it's me, or a glitch. I have tried about ten different scenarios and all of them end up with the rod snapping randomly.

RF4 - Snap of Rod when picked up

Greetings Biffdit
This isn't a bug. As you pick up the rod, you should move it downward immediately. The reason the rod makes a jerky movement, is because you only have a few meters of line out and there is a weight hanging on the end of the line. That causes tension and vibration as you lift the weight off the bottom while picking the rod up.

On 31-10-2017 at 2:17 PM, snoek11 said:

hi i got feeder to 35% but i still cant use the patarnoster rig       thats the clasic feeder right?

Hey snoek11,

you need to open your rod setup and then press the green "change" button at the top over your reel, there u can set your rig to Paternoster Rig.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, jmf said:

So if using, for instance,  the Sorento FD120 rod and Libra 3000S reel what would be the acceptable line?

Hey jmf,

i don't know how much that reel can handle, but the Sorento FD 120 can handle about 5kg. That said with a reel, that can handle 4kg, we suggest you to go with about 8lb line, which is around 3.8kg.

21 minutes ago, DMasterCerberus said:

I was just curious is it just me or does the bottom fishing setups with the feeder attached to them cast far right all the time is this a bug or something or meant to be that way?

Hello DMasterCerberus,  I use the feeder setup quite a bit myself, occasionally the line casts to the right more then straight but usually it is because I am facing into the wind which is blowing it that direction. 

16 minutes ago, DMasterCerberus said:

I was just curious is it just me or does the bottom fishing setups with the feeder attached to them cast far right all the time is this a bug or something or meant to be that way?

DMasterCerberus, What skill points have you invested in bottom fishing?  The more points you have invested in using a spinning reel and fishing with a feeder rod that will help with accuracy with casting as well as control of the fish when fighting it!!

2 minutes ago, DMasterCerberus said:

I have 6 in feeder rods and 2 in spinning reels and 1 in the first feeder rig setup, accuracy is not a problem until i attach n actual feeder to my rod seems like to me was just curious.

Ok I am not positive about this but it may be the weight of the feeder that you're putting on it maybe to light or to heavy close to the limits of the rod test could you provide a screen capture of your setup, So we can have a look at it. As well try letting the feeder stop swinging a bit before casting!

16 minutes ago, DMasterCerberus said:

Ok thanks for the info, I will try a heavier one or lighter one and try the casting deal and see, here is my setup at the time of asking this question.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.8668_20171104_114934.png

Hey DMasterCerberus,

you are actually under the test of the rod this does indeed influence your casting accuracy and distance.

7 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

I do have a questions about groundbait on the feeder. Why each time you pull the rod out of the water and the groundbait is still ok the game systematically change it? It's consume a lot!

Greetings Iceberg
Let me get back to you on that one. I need to confirm if this is a bug or not.

1 hour ago, boomtime said:

hay all can someone please answer this question there is 6pics hire and all but one is over 6kg and only one of then has given me bottom fishing xp so why is the smalls one give me bottom fishing xp ever tho the leather carp at 27kg was a weekly recorded so how the hell and i mean to lvl up my bottom fishing if u are not giving me xp for caching fish

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.0f7c50d49e2c5018464c5d399980e339.pngimage.thumb.png.abf6012f6e31d792355dccd66c1f8fb8.pngimage.thumb.png.a1a1083addac08c9e3e07c6f1527867e.pngimage.thumb.png.4fa4366d3cd074b195329652b98d8cd8.pngimage.thumb.png.0622b5d94c1938d53f08d2c1c1e75b88.pngimage.thumb.png.ae939b95c8798c83ed9f140a75c12da7.png

Usually this because you have caught many large fish of the species and only a few small ones. When the percentages gains stop on a species, you need to either target fish of another species that you have caught few of, or target a different size in the same species. While experience points used to level tend to be better for bigger fish, the percentage gains on skills are not based on biggest fish, they are based on variety in your catch, doing things that are newer. It is common for a player to start catching a type of fish and then start to push for the biggest specimens of that fish they can find, as a result they catch few of the small ones. For example I started pushing for the biggest common carp I could catch and caught a metric ton of them. However, eventually I stopped getting skill gain from them. At that point I switched up tactics to start catching the little ones. Remember that skill is gained by expanding your variety of species, size, and tackle.

8 hours ago, boomtime said:

well how about that i have never cached one off these before 1st time and still not bottom fishing xp so why and i not get no xp 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7c0b3507f3d787c5f02b79ea5d809394.png

Hey boomtime, 

even tho this is your first Catfish, it's a rather small one and not every new fish you catch will give you experience for your progression. If you are using, for example, the first very basic feeder rig, but you already have unlocked another Rig, you should try using it, as it will increase your chance of getting %.

6 hours ago, jmf said:

Hi Everyone,

Do you still have to throw groundbait if using the feeder cage thing on the feeder rods? 

Hey jmf,

you should still throw in groundbait, like you would do it without, but you maybe want to begin with 1-3 balls less depending on how many feeder rods you use.

3 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Hi lady, Did you get an answer concenring this issue?

Greetings Iceberg
Thank you for reminding me and my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
The groundbait automatically recharges if you have groundbait in your backpack left. In the future we might adjust this, as we understand the annoyance. For the time being though, don't constantly cast our the feeder and don't carry too much ready-made groundbait in your backpack. Also, as JMF asked two posts above, you still need to add additional groundbait when you're fishing with a feeder. My advice would be: create 10 balls of groundbait, use one in the feeder corf, cast out the feeder and throw the remaining 9 balls into the water close to your feeder. By the time you want to renew it, make 1 new batch of groundbait.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Macke said:

Hello, I have a question.
I'm level 14 and can afford some rods with 18 Kg load capacity. It only requires level 9 but A reel for that requires well over level 20.

Why can't I buy a reel at my level with a drag that matches that rod?
It doesn't add up. There's no point in buying the rods because there is no matching reel for my level, or am I missing something?

Hello Macke, You can buy one of the 18kg rods with a smaller reel on it until you unlock larger ones, but as in any case you'll still want to have the line as your weak point to avoid damaging the reel

8 minutes ago, Macke said:

This is what I mean.
There's an incorrect balance in level between rods and reels. In other fishing games you can always match the rods with a correct reel for your level.

Macke, only a small portion of the rods, reels and other gear that are destined to be in the game are currently in. We need to remind you that the game is only 30%  complete at this point in the  open beta. Chaotic did not miss your point, you feel that there is no point in buying a rod that does not have a 'matching' reel at your level, it is your choice to buy something or not. Some strong gear is able to be gotten at lower level to provide high durability gear to lower level players to reduce repair costs, it is up to you whether you use it or not. Just because something is available to you does not mean it is useful to you. I can go buy a decommissioned Sherman tank, it does not mean it is useful to me or practical to own.

3 hours ago, Macke said:

Looking forward to new reels then.

Clearly you did not get the point so let me try again. Other games will throw a new rod and reel combo at  you every 1 to 4 levels in the knowledge that players will buy it  due to assuming that having it is a sign of progress. This as well as covering other ordinary expenses encourages them to spend their in-game cash as they earn it, thus in the end also encouraging them to spend real life money to have sufficient in-game capital to play fully. It is a chute meant to lead from your wallet to their wallet.

Our approach is different, in the case of the level 9 rod you mention, getting that rod at level nine means that every compatible reel and appropriate line you have at every level up to 20 will work on it. As long as you keep the reel and line in harmony with each other, the rod will be all but guaranteed to never break since reel and line will aways be well below its load capacity.  If you take care of it the amount of wear will be low compared to rods of lower level that you could use during the level 9 to 20  progression.

This means one investment in a rod over a period of 10 levels. During this time one can be saving up for the reel that matches the rod in load capacity and once it is added, the rod continues to be a useful item for many more levels.

While some people have money to throw at the game in a misguided attempt to get an edge or level faster, many people can't or won't spend real money and they need to have long term serviceable gear. Also understand if you could just buy an uber rod and reel at level nine, you would be unlikely to buy or experiment with any other rod and reel in that category. Since variation and diversity are very important parts of keeping % gains coming in, settling into a single rod and reel combo would quickly lead to you no longer getting percentage gains in skills that are associated with it. In the end, the gap between the rod availability and reel to match it extends the usefulness of the rod over a long term while still encouraging diversification and experimentation.

"I'll end the discussion here as I feel you're not taking constructive criticism well, but instead shoves it back down my throat. I don't need that."

Wow! Did I really give you that impression? I am quite sorry, I did not mean to imply that you were slow-witted, only that there were some  points that that may not have been clear.