Wayne

Feeder Fishing Q&A

Is this what a Hair Rig is suppose to look like?  i have it unlocked not sure if its bugged  or  meant to look like this 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11300_20181215_205430.png

On 12/15/2018 at 2:58 PM, LagerLout said:

Is this what a Hair Rig is suppose to look like?  i have it unlocked not sure if its bugged  or  meant to look like this 

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.11300_20181215_205430.png

@LagerLoutYes that is the in game representation of a hair rig. IRL They look like this:

Spoiler

hair-rig-step-6.jpg.ee24401bf665e07bf6b6630f083900d4.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

why can not I fish for two baits  like on a float?

Spoiler

Inkedrf4_4.0.11419_20190101_154611_LI.thumb.jpg.c9f77f5b3012941b10f7af9f27d002d0.jpg

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190101_154549.thumb.png.473f54036e6a480ef201d5c3961a4584.png

Edited by Crucian

Hi. Please could someone tell me, when gaining the ability to use hair and loop rigs how do you use them? Im seeing nothing for sale or anything in crafting.  Thank you.

11 hours ago, easygoin said:

Hi. Please could someone tell me, when gaining the ability to use hair and loop rigs how do you use them? Im seeing nothing for sale or anything in crafting.  Thank you.

The hair rig is applied automatically when you use boilies as bait, no need to adjust or add anything in settings.

The loop rig is applied/changed in your rod settings.

Spoiler

01.thumb.jpg.9930c28345610758982c85a5f712449b.jpg

Spoiler

02.jpg.f9a29878c8f4db3e0d8f717c593cbfaa.jpg

• Thanks 1

is anyone having issues with method feeders as in no bites on them or is it just me i have 3 points in it but when i change to loop rig i start to get bites if its a bug/glitch it needs to be fixed i like carp fishing with method feeders as it says its the best for carp  

56 minutes ago, LagerLout said:

is anyone having issues with method feeders as in no bites on them or is it just me i have 3 points in it but when i change to loop rig i start to get bites if its a bug/glitch it needs to be fixed i like carp fishing with method feeders as it says its the best for carp  

Hello @LagerLout, getting bites is not just about putting points in your skilltree, but also depends on a lot of other things, like fishingspot, kind of bait, groundbait, weather- en windconditions etc.

Sometimes one rig will produce bites while another rig won`t, all depending on these factors. So keep trying different spots, baits etc. and you will find the way to make the methodrig work for you.

2 hours ago, Butcher1972 said:

Hello @LagerLout, getting bites is not just about putting points in your skilltree, but also depends on a lot of other things, like fishingspot, kind of bait, groundbait, weather- en windconditions etc.

Sometimes one rig will produce bites while another rig won`t, all depending on these factors. So keep trying different spots, baits etc. and you will find the way to make the methodrig work for you.

tbf i ve tried many baits they just dont bite i spent all day at bear trying different spots etc yesterday with 1 rod on method rig and 1 on loop rig they just didnt bite the method rig same bait and GB so i dont know :/

9 minutes ago, LagerLout said:

tbf i ve tried many baits they just dont bite i spent all day at bear trying different spots etc yesterday with 1 rod on method rig and 1 on loop rig they just didnt bite the method rig same bait and GB so i dont know :/

HI LagerLout

Looks like atm the loop rig works best for bottom fishing at Bear Lake. As you can't use PVA on Method a lot of players are using GB in the feeder and PVA stick on loop rig with very good results.

Regards

Levo

• Like 1

Hey Levo

I guess im just unlucky then but i will keep trying 

was meant to reply to levo reply forgot to quote his :/

Edited by LagerLout
  • Like 1

Hi,

Can you please explain the differences between a loop and a paternoster rig ?
It says loop is used to fish in the current but I don't see the point.

Thanks

16 hours ago, Dharn_RF4 said:

Hi,

Can you please explain the differences between a loop and a paternoster rig ?
It says loop is used to fish in the current but I don't see the point.

Thanks

@Dharn_RF4 On a loop rig the feeder has a little room (in the "loop"), so when a fish takes the bait it can swim a little before the weight of the feeder kicks in and hooks the fish. A paternosster rig has a fixed weight, so the fish takes the bait and instantly "feels" the weight of the feeder. For cautious fish, and in currents, the loop rig is preffered for the little slack caused by the  loop wich also gives your bait a more natural behaviour under water.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Butcher1972 said:

@Dharn_RF4 On a loop rig the feeder has a little room (in the "loop"), so when a fish takes the bait it can swim a little before the weight of the feeder kicks in and hooks the fish. A paternosster rig has a fixed weight, so the fish takes the bait and instantly "feels" the weight of the feeder. For cautious fish, and in currents, the loop rig is preffered for the little slack caused by the  loop wich also gives your bait a more natural behaviour under water.

Thanks for the detailed reply, Butcher.
I've got 3 points in paternoster. Should I keep them or reset them asap in loop which seems to be an upgraded version of the first skill ?

3 hours ago, Dharn_RF4 said:

Thanks for the detailed reply, Butcher.
I've got 3 points in paternoster. Should I keep them or reset them asap in loop which seems to be an upgraded version of the first skill ?

@Dharn_RF4 i prefer them in loop rig, so i would reset them....

Edited by Butcher1972