WoutNL

Campfire stories

11 minutes ago, bigwrm said:

Ya thanks for telling us to stock up on boilies then making them useless.  Thats pretty ignorant.

Lets try this one last time.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:02 AM, LadyofGames said:

** ATTENTION: Next update the old type of boilies will be removed from the stores. They will be excluded from the game permanently.

• Haha 2

You left out the part that everyone is complaining about in that quote RF4mod. Yes, we were told they would be removed but we were also told they would continue to work as long as we had them in our inventory. Foul play there. Since the developers were able to remove them from the diet of the fish why not just add them back and wait a month or two? Seems like an easy fix.

• Like 3

Ya maybe I was confused when I think it was lady told us to "stock up" on boilies before they took them out.  Just sucks I spent a bit on bait i never really use just to have some for people that do use them.  And I guess my reading comprehension sucks but removed from the game is different wording than "excluded from fish diet".

i love how all of the updates have this air of mystery surrounding it until the patch is applied. Then we are told of the changes.  I agree with Fishnatic about bringing the diet back till all all gone from inventory. no brainer.

There's absolutely no reason, why the old boilies have to be removed from fish diet, except screwing with players.
I'm starting to hate you just don't share any information what you're currently working on and new patches are so sudden and unexpected many times with very questionable changes.

So long and thanks for the fish.

• Like 5

There's absolutely no reason, why the old boilies have to be removed from fish diet, except screwing with players. Yes i plus 1 that ......my thoughts too....

• Like 1

Hi all, no discussion about the boilies for me but a big thank you to those who share their fishing place and other advices that allow me to advance in the game. Once again thank you to all. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RF4mod said:
16 hours ago, bigwrm said:

Ya thanks for telling us to stock up on boilies then making them useless.  Thats pretty ignorant.

Lets try this one last time.

On 24/1/2018 at 6:02 AM, LadyofGames said:

** ATTENTION: Next update the old type of boilies will be removed from the stores. They will be excluded from the game permanently.

sorry but this is what Lady wrote

On 24/1/2018 at 8:06 PM, LadyofGames said:

No, since we won't take the boilies from your inventory. Only from the stores in the next patch. After the next patch, the old boilies you still have in your inventory will still be there and work until you've used them all.

• Like 5

Lady answer is in crafting section where i post.....

now reply here my post

Now in last update

- Yellow, green, orange, red, pink and brown boilies are excluded from fish diet.

after a week of patch that removed from shop

now ( apart from the spent silverwhat's the point of keeping them in our inventory?

Let's set the record straight here.

On January the 24th I posted the patch notes of the update for the next day. In it I told all of you specifically that the old boilies would become absolete in the future.

Toddlestod asked that day in the Bait section for a refund. He was under the impression that the old boilies would be removed from his inventory during that patch. That is why I replied to him his old boilies wouldn't be removed and would still work after the patch got implemented. 

This was 2 months ago. Only now we have followed through with making the old boilies absolete for good. That has given you all ample time to use your old ones and to start stacking up on the new ones.

Don't use my words out of context and hold them against me for your own mistakes and lack of proper reading. You were informed well ahead of time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

On January the 24th I posted the patch notes of the update for the next day. In it I told all of you specifically that the old boilies would become obsolete in the future. ???? Why no notice about the fish would not take them anymore posted ....I can't find a post saying old boilies fish not take anymore....All seems so simple to solve really has a swap 1 for 1 is the click of a button... Not like they have not been payed for in the end is it....?

• Like 5

I just discarded of mine, I’ve lost silver in more painful ways lol. Besides I got tons of other baits. 

I finally managed level 24! So now I’m in sura and I got a Sterlet! Tho still experimenting areas. This was at the 7.5m hole but I’m only one there. Not sure where the popular spots are yet lol. I’m looking to make my name on them record boards for sturgeons.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've only got 60 old boilies so I don't personally much care about them, but what I do find amazing/upsetting is how the playerbase (customers) are being treated. There was a very clear indication after the Jan 24 patch notes that the boilies could be used until they run out. Now, without warning, that turns out not to be the case and mods accuse players of not reading patch notes properly. 

I'm not here to stir up beef or strike up an argument, I just say this very simple fact: as a customer, my confidence in the product is diminished by this sort of treatment and I am far less likely to put money into it. It's also the sort of thing that leads to stinking reviews on Steam - 

- which I would hate to see happen, as I have much love for the game and have had great fun with it.

Our UK politicians have a favourite saying: 'there are lessons to be learned', and that's perhaps the case after boilie-gate 2018...

Edited by Superfishial
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LadyofGames said:

On January the 24th I posted the patch notes of the update for the next day. In it I told all of you specifically that the old boilies would become absolete in the future.

Toddlestod asked that day in the Bait section for a refund. He was under the impression that the old boilies would be removed from his inventory during that patch. That is why I replied to him his old boilies wouldn't be removed and would still work after the patch got implemented. 

This was 2 months ago. Only now we have followed through with making the old boilies absolete for good. That has given you all ample time to use your old ones and to start stacking up on the new ones.

Don't use my words out of context and hold them against me for your own mistakes and lack of proper reading. You were informed well ahead of time. 

what a load of codswallop

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LadyofGames said:

i don't use word against you or other but only report what is write.... ( and I do not think they are out of context )

is it a misunderstanding?  ok np we have lost some silver? we'll make a reason for it

but do not say that it is our fault

and (repeat) what's the point of keeping them in our inventory?

There was once a time where folks fished together without the need for chainsaws and dynamite. It was such a wondrous experience, the splashing of fish and gleeful acknowledgement of a whopper winched in through the toil of sweat of blood, t'was worth every single crank of an already worn out reel. 

Now, what is left? Each patch released and there is a lynch mob waiting to take their own pound of flesh from those sitting on their throne. The typical person weighs around 65kg or there about, if there is 2lb of meat to a single kilogram, well, it is not looking good unless we are talking about some seriously obese individuals. 

The point is simple, life is measured in different ways. If we take a single quality from a list of qualities and concentrate on it then we can work out where potentially the improvement for all of our sanity can be made. The quality or perk *gaming terms* we should be concentrating on here would be in my not so humblest of opinions, honesty. Honesty has many avenues which can be traversed leading to borderline conflict with more dishonest areas of life. Most of the time, it is this fine line that becomes blurred providing the perfect breeding ground for discontent and fury. Lady made a post some months ago and now the change has happened. The issue is not what Lady said, the issue is the time between these changes which has gone by without something to warn of said changes filling the time elapsed. This realistically is not a massive issue per se but, humans are filled with daily, weekly and monthly tasks, jobs, worries, pleasures etc that sometimes the little things slip by and we forget.

Forgetting unfortunately, is what creates issues. Forgetting is not the fault of anyone due to the life we lead, but as we all know can uncontrollably drive to a catastrophic miscalculation of judgement, fanning more flames into a raging inferno.

If all of the above was not enough, there is something else which dangerously hovers over the red button to doomsday, to simply put, blame. Since all of the above relates to each other, the most logical next step would be to blame someone. This works both ways of course, the issue is if this becomes a tennis game which, from reading the last 50-150 posts over different discussions, this is another area that has turned into a volcano. The community blames the staff, who then blame the community who then lash back with even more blame and thus the cycle continues. The truth is, no one is getting anywhere.

To summarise what this post it about; a group of people are in the cross hairs of many, this takes its toll so honesty begins to degenerate. Patches are added where players are expected to remember what was said two months or three months *however long* and when the changes are put into place the brown stinky stuff hits the fan. Players then put the blame on the Gods who set the whole thing up in the first place, who then turn around, pull their pants down and show their ass *not in any other way than to be insulting, just in-case other things were in mind......* in defiance because whatever was done was said it was being done.

How on earth can this can ever get better is beyond me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superfishial said:

I've only got 60 old boilies so I don't personally much care about them, but what I do find amazing/upsetting is how the playerbase (customers) are being treated. There was a very clear indication after the Jan 24 patch notes that the boilies could be used until they run out. Now, without warning, that turns out not to be the case and mods accuse players of not reading patch notes properly. 

I'm not here to stir up beef or strike up an argument, I just say this very simple fact: as a customer, my confidence in the product is diminished by this sort of treatment and I am far less likely to put money into it. It's also the sort of thing that leads to stinking reviews on Steam - 

- which I would hate to see happen, as I have much love for the game and have had great fun with it.

Our UK politicians have a favourite saying: 'there are lessons to be learned', and that's perhaps the case after boilie-gate 2018...

This is the bottom line for me too- this treatment effects how I feel about the people that made a game that I love. And that really sucks. 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Hookjaw Jim said:

There was once a time where folks fished together without the need for chainsaws and dynamite. It was such a wondrous experience, the splashing of fish and gleeful acknowledgement of a whopper winched in through the toil of sweat of blood, t'was worth every single crank of an already worn out reel. 

Now, what is left? Each patch released and there is a lynch mob waiting to take their own pound of flesh from those sitting on their throne. The typical person weighs around 65kg or there about, if there is 2lb of meat to a single kilogram, well, it is not looking good unless we are talking about some seriously obese individuals. 

The point is simple, life is measured in different ways. If we take a single quality from a list of qualities and concentrate on it then we can work out where potentially the improvement for all of our sanity can be made. The quality or perk *gaming terms* we should be concentrating on here would be in my not so humblest of opinions, honesty. Honesty has many avenues which can be traversed leading to borderline conflict with more dishonest areas of life. Most of the time, it is this fine line that becomes blurred providing the perfect breeding ground for discontent and fury. Lady made a post some months ago and now the change has happened. The issue is not what Lady said, the issue is the time between these changes which has gone by without something to warn of said changes filling the time elapsed. This realistically is not a massive issue per se but, humans are filled with daily, weekly and monthly tasks, jobs, worries, pleasures etc that sometimes the little things slip by and we forget.

Forgetting unfortunately, is what creates issues. Forgetting is not the fault of anyone due to the life we lead, but as we all know can uncontrollably drive to a catastrophic miscalculation of judgement, fanning more flames into a raging inferno.

If all of the above was not enough, there is something else which dangerously hovers over the red button to doomsday, to simply put, blame. Since all of the above relates to each other, the most logical next step would be to blame someone. This works both ways of course, the issue is if this becomes a tennis game which, from reading the last 50-150 posts over different discussions, this is another area that has turned into a volcano. The community blames the staff, who then blame the community who then lash back with even more blame and thus the cycle continues. The truth is, no one is getting anywhere.

To summarise what this post it about; a group of people are in the cross hairs of many, this takes its toll so honesty begins to degenerate. Patches are added where players are expected to remember what was said two months or three months *however long* and when the changes are put into place the brown stinky stuff hits the fan. Players then put the blame on the Gods who set the whole thing up in the first place, who then turn around, pull their pants down and show their ass *not in any other way than to be insulting, just in-case other things were in mind......* in defiance because whatever was done was said it was being done.

How on earth can this can ever get better is beyond me. 

this here is a good example of a downwards spiral, it started ~january, if you wanna see how these things behave just look at the player numbers of an other very successful fishing game on steam. They started to fuck up after the steam release, denied everything and hmm lost a big part of their regular players to rf4.(with short recoveries after introducing features long awaited by the community)
And thats how the cookie will crumble here too :)

2 hours ago, Grunzor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

this here is a good example of a downwards spiral, it started ~january, if you wanna see how these things behave just look at the player numbers of an other very successful fishing game on steam. They started to fuck up after the steam release, denied everything and hmm lost a big part of their regular players to rf4.(with short recoveries after introducing features long awaited by the community)
And thats how the cookie will crumble here too :)

Tragic really if you think about it. Another area of issue is that there really is no better fishing sim around and it seems that this very reason is the excuse to do and get away with whatever, this might be a fault laden way of thinking yet it just 'feels' that way. 

To be honest, I have not logged in for a while now, I really want to see how things progress until I decide to get back into the sim and don't get me wrong, I miss the experience but I refuse to invest my time if it's for nothing. 

• Like 2

Ok guys. If you wont mind I'll try and put an end to the "boilies" discussion now and for all. 
As I have read, watched and herd many opinions on this topic, it seems we are all wrong, including myself.

Lets start with me (us, as a dev team). It seems that the amount of information I gave to my staff wasn't enough, the way we informed wasn't as clear as it should have been, the recurrence of information circling around wasn't sufficient. Those and maybe many other things, including players misreading, misunderstanding, etc,  brought us to this "stand off". 
This is a learning curve that we, as a dev team, and you as our players have to go through while building the game. On our part, I'll make sure we are as thorough with the information we provide as we can be, but I'll also ask our players community to be more patient and kind to those, who devote their time to do so (voluntarily).

So, my proposition is as follows - we all learn from this experience. Some of us to better inform, others to better ingest the information. And move on. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fishinbuddy said:

Instead the fish are smaller and most not biting because of either fish migration or food preference. 

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9603_20180324_075213.pngrf4_4.0.9565_20180323_235944.pngrf4_4.0.9603_20180324_120244.pngrf4_4.0.9603_20180325_075405.pngrf4_4.0.9603_20180325_131123.png

Exactly, days of grinding for harvesting baits skill points to make a proper bait for nothing. Fish changed food "preference" overnight. 9_9

• Like 3

So, on a much lighter note. Thank you Developers for converting this game to English for us in the States who speak English. It is much appreciated and I am sure you haven't been thanked enough. Here is hoping that the transition to steam goes well and hope for better things in the future.

Peace

• Like 1

Wow i came here to have a look on some stories about catching fish ingame........ instead i find like 9 pages of of topic grief about the game man discusions forum is closed and a forum post about sharing fun times about this game is turnd into a grab your torches and pitch forks lets riot.

common Forum Mods !!! cause at this rate its not camp fire stories its the garbage bin of the foums.

I like a good complaint as you know :) but i dont see camp fire stories here only a unhappy communety thats polluting what should be a cheerfull section of the forums.

anyhow closing one topic and dumping all complaints here is a bit odd and would love to see this part become cheerfull again and re open the discussion board.

Love and Kisses Exploited.

Went to burg, cast out near the pads and waited for the one.  The bobber dipped and came back up and after 2 minutes of this stopped!! I thought it had left it :o(  but another bob came!!  After a minute of waiting in anticipation and the excitement at its most extreme the bobber finally slid under and I struck into the beast

My first bleak yay lol

Spoiler

bleak.jpg

• Haha 5