WoutNL

Campfire stories

I rarely get the above only once i almost filled my net.. but by then i hope i have to move..

Even IRL if i caught 85 Perch in a single 5m x 10m hole over 2 hours i would expect the school to be near wiped out.
These are rivers and lakes where fish swim in schools or groups of maybe 10-25 not groups of 100-2500 like in Ocean fish

To be honest im enjoying the catch rates.
some of the rare fish like Eel who use Stealth tech stolen right of a nuclear submarine drive me crazy.
but so does target Flounder IRL it can be very frustrating or even Mullet fishing.

Had so much fun yesterday with my daughter. This game taught me to use fluro leader for better results. We got 2 carp and broke off a massive sturgeon. Those guys are crazy tough! Going back this morning so maybe we will have a sturgeon to show you. But I can show you one from last year :)

Spoiler

6AFBE196-7868-4A30-A813-E9D13710047B.jpeg

Spoiler

3569FEBB-8FF9-456D-A014-CA095C7E8637.jpeg

Spoiler

6F2629B0-4D54-47F3-A71C-E7040C7D3CC5.jpeg

Spoiler

4A7B2FC2-7106-4B2B-88AD-04E1E0B0782E.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Had so much fun yesterday with my daughter. This game taught me to use fluro leader for better results. We got 2 carp and broke off a massive sturgeon. Those guys are crazy tough! Going back this morning so maybe we will have a sturgeon to show you. But I can show you one from last year :)

Reveal hidden contents

6AFBE196-7868-4A30-A813-E9D13710047B.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

3569FEBB-8FF9-456D-A014-CA095C7E8637.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

6F2629B0-4D54-47F3-A71C-E7040C7D3CC5.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

4A7B2FC2-7106-4B2B-88AD-04E1E0B0782E.jpeg

Awesome, I love going fishing with my kids. Here's a pic of my youngest kid's first bluegill and my oldest son's first catfish!

Spoiler

V5CuPuMR71kywNSoIvqEH1p1o-NnXU0bNYmX4M5ldPL2RDwyFWq3LVZx7IHFhTK5IbLpKZ6QrKytJ7wPVjoo9tVv2hFcUcAgvMQHxbFaRJCGCodBxFt02axiTbiOcnajxoPv2VNYt9k

Spoiler

Qrzp46lfSOK_w_C0MpyncaC9mhCG-NH0CGjcD82EG3rmdYFp3Vb6Y6-v8GUqzXDOaddX7Cm1z8klZaSgVrXq0ACKKIy_J0lKMwy416mE7vdq7f2t4iByO-TlS8WoLJyaPYV8I7Z5j8o

• Like 2

Just got this one in the morning for my son lol. Biggest one of the 3. Great Lake carps are a very tough fight. Now I got a good sunburn haha

Spoiler

59238E62-DA2A-4B95-B147-2E1113AF0E64.jpeg

• Like 3

congrats to Waznewz for his weekly record  kuori char of 22 kgs, seems the hunter lures are still smashing them

I just caught a friggin 2nd place Absolute!! I am loving live bait fishing! That 130g Crucian did me very good haha! What a fish! Btw, the chat announcements are broken again which is a big bummer!

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180626_215639.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180626_221101.png

• Like 1

Guys

I wanted to see how livebait is working as some players were saying that it is broken. Well I strongly disagree with them and here are results from my little trip to Kuori.

Mr. Burbot on a frog

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180626_220737.thumb.png.28b47027abcdb184a30defeb14b37871.png

And my keepnet just over 1hr at Kuori using only live bait - roach, frog and perch.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180626_225426.thumb.png.0560a0a9b0bc9ca0a4d97e74ad4fb365.png

1 hour ago, Levo said:

Guys

I wanted to see how livebait is working as some players were saying that it is broken. Well I strongly disagree with them and here are results from my little trip to Kuori.

Mr. Burbot on a frog

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180626_220737.thumb.png.28b47027abcdb184a30defeb14b37871.png

And my keepnet just over 1hr at Kuori using only live bait - roach, frog and perch.

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10149_20180626_225426.thumb.png.0560a0a9b0bc9ca0a4d97e74ad4fb365.png

To be honest, you can get a trophy burbot easily without live bait and it was always good for burbot and char when they are bitting. 

I think people expect it to work better for predatory fish like pike and I agree with them. For the effort to gather the baitfish, you want it to work better than lure or at least just as good.

Livebait is far from broken. It’s so good, I’ve been making a lot of silver and it’s fun to go use my light tackle and catch lots of baitfish. In kuori I used ruffee and got 3.6kg char and kuori chars. 

Just now, PL69 said:

To be honest, you can get a trophy burbot easily without live bait and it was always good for burbot and char when they are bitting. 

I think people expect it to work better for predatory fish like pike and I agree with them. For the effort to gather the baitfish, you want it to work better than lure or at least just as good.

Hi PL69

- So what you expect ? that once you unlock fishing with live bait you will be pulling trophy after trophy ? Shall we forget about weather, spots, favourite bait , hooks size, lines you are using - and even favourite live bait ? So this shouldn't count no more because player unlocked live bait fishing ? Shall this also work with method rig for carps? Once unlocked shall we all get trophy carp after trophy carp no matter what ? 

- "you can get a trophy burbot easily without live bait and it was always good for burbot and char when they are biting." - so how is live bait broken ? if you can easy get burbots and chars using it ? If is broken you won't get anything right ?

-- "you want it to work better than lure or at least just as good." - it might work better, but it will still require a knowledge , experience and right setup - the Char on the spot where Hunter Lure is working very well might not bite as much on the Ruffie live bait but on other spot it might bite better than on the Lure Hunter.

- "For the effort to gather the baitfish" - what effort ? if you know the game and spots you can gather live bait in minutes...

PL69 my post was directed to players making statements " Live bait is broken " ; " Hi ... I just unlocked live bait and it is broken "  - well yes you just unlocked it - you didn't fish with this method before ... how much experience you got ... how much knowledge... do you know the good spots for fishing with live bait ? they might be different for the lure spots , do you know what live bait is working better for the specific species ? What weather is better ? How you can claim that something is broken if you just started using it and you don't have experience using it ? It might be more difficult that trolling around the Kuori Lake or Volkhov. 

PL69 - How do you know that I would get this 12 kg trophy Burbot on fish pieces or other bait ? It was on the frog not on fish pieces - me using other baits might not get me this fish.

Guys live bait is not easy solution for getting a trophies - it is a tool for you to be able to get some fish species that on that day might have for example good bite rate on frog or live bait Perch . If you don't have it unlocked you might not get this good bite rate on this specific spot and time. For example " Kuori is dead today " I tried a wobblers and all spoons nothing is working "-  yes , here we go - this might be the right time to use live bait and get some nice fish. On those days live bait might be a good choice.

Also you might need to use live bait to be more successful when targeting some of the fish species that will be added to the game in the future, please don't forget that game isn't finish yet -  Developers got more and more stuff coming into to the game.

Regards

Levo

• Like 1

@levo I think you took my post a bit too personal, I never said it was completely broken but it needed some work. I clearly stated it works great for burbot and char. 

Yes I believe higher rig should be better since it's a long grind to get to it. People are pulling as much trophy carp with loop rig than method and it shouldn't be. I don't say that it should just be trophies with method, but at least notice a difference. We have low level comp/med for a reason.

I might just be bad at it but I tried live bait in kuori in the pike alley and it didn't get good results. Partly cloudy, rainy... Givel, crucian, perch. We expect it be more rewarding since you have to spend time to farm it or go full pay to win.

Also your post came out of no where defending baitfish and I stated my opinion.

Edit: on a note for method, it doesn't help that lakes goes dead for a week (bear) and be crazy good another week, catch 4-5 trophies in a night

Edited by PL69
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, PL69 said:

@levo I think you took my post a bit too personal, I never said it was completely broken but it needed some work. I clearly stated it works great for burbot and char. 

Yes I believe higher rig should be better since it's a long grind to get to it. People are pulling as much trophy carp with loop rig than method and it shouldn't be. I don't say that it should just be trophies with method, but at least notice a difference. We have low level comp/med for a reason.

I might just be bad at it but I tried live bait in kuori in the pike alley and it didn't get good results. Partly cloudy, rainy... Givel, crucian, perch. We expect it be more rewarding since you have to spend time to farm it or go full pay to win.

Also your post came out of no where defending baitfish and I stated my opinion.

Edit: on a note for method, it doesn't help that lakes goes dead for a week (bear) and be crazy good another week, catch 4-5 trophies in a night

Hi PL69

-"People are pulling as much trophy carp with loop rig than method and it shouldn't be." - please provide me with some data so we can all see it-  because from my own experience  most of my trophy carps came on method rig - 100+ carp trophies

-"On a note for method, it doesn't help that lakes goes dead for a week (bear) and be crazy good another week, catch 4-5 trophies in a night" - we must be fishing differently then , for me sometimes is slow but never dead.

-" might just be bad at it but I tried live bait in kuori in the pike alley and it didn't get good results. " - some players got good results with live bait:

Spoiler

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_174949_LI.thumb.jpg.29f6c26611dbe7127797533d4012dd6a.jpg

Spoiler

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_174953_LI.thumb.jpg.d5c9767c96f7c7c530b89b0442451bc7.jpg

Spoiler

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_175002_LI.thumb.jpg.30a92a7393f49ac52bea898b3eed4dd5.jpg

Spoiler

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_175029_LI.thumb.jpg.bb86b49619e5e5ca553454fa7471404d.jpg

and thanks for sharing your options PL69

Regards

Levo

2 minutes ago, Levo said:

Hi PL69

-"People are pulling as much trophy carp with loop rig than method and it shouldn't be." - please provide me with some data so we can all see it-  because from my own experience  most of my trophy carps came on method rig - 100+ carp trophies

-"On a note for method, it doesn't help that lakes goes dead for a week (bear) and be crazy good another week, catch 4-5 trophies in a night" - we must be fishing differently then , for me sometimes is slow but never dead.

-" might just be bad at it but I tried live bait in kuori in the pike alley and it didn't get good results. " - some players got good results with live bait:

Reveal hidden contents

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_174949_LI.thumb.jpg.29f6c26611dbe7127797533d4012dd6a.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_174953_LI.thumb.jpg.d5c9767c96f7c7c530b89b0442451bc7.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_175002_LI.thumb.jpg.30a92a7393f49ac52bea898b3eed4dd5.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Inkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_175029_LI.thumb.jpg.bb86b49619e5e5ca553454fa7471404d.jpg

and thnaks for sharing your options PL69

Regards

Levo

You know what I meant with dead, we can call it slow from now on.

And you know as well as me that you can't prove you get more trophy with another rig due to spot change and lake "slowlyness". People are catching plenty of trophies with loop rig, even paternoster... I switched to it a while ago and caught trophies too. Most people don't have method and do just as good.

Of course I'm going to use the rig specialized to fish for carp. It doesn't feel better to me though or it's just so hard to tell.

Baitfish at Kuori slow? This was 2 1/2 hours fishing ruffe/frogs at kuori 2 days ago. With 0 points into baitfish.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180626_033553.png

@Tenzen, I said it's slow for pike. I think everyone agrees that frogs and ruffe works good for burbot and char. sometimes a lakie or saven.

Although, how long does it take to farm 10 ruffle and 10 frogs? You have to take that into account on your profit imo

1 minute ago, PL69 said:

@Tenzen, I said it's slow for pike. I think everyone agrees that frogs and ruffe works good for burbot and char. sometimes a lakie or saven.

Although, how long does it take to farm 10 ruffle and 10 frogs? You have to take that into account on your profit imo

Quite awhile, although I am working on finishing harvesting anyway so I have a ton of frogs stocked up and am fishing for ruffe alot. I probably wouldnt go to the trouble if I wasnt working hard on harvesting.

I should have added "Probably wouldnt go to the trouble *atleast until I can put points back into baitfish.*" Because I did get a rare trophy on baitfish when I had it perked without much time invested.

Ok so my two cents on the whole baitfishing drama.

As i also wrote on shaminos YT vid.

I really think it comes down to people not testing it enough. And also some species bite better on bottom than others.

I real life i have never caught a pike on a bottom rig, but a ton on float. So mabye if pikes arent biting that good on the rig, mabye level float instead?

When it comes to other species, i actually have a lot of success. Kouri char really loves roaches for example. Zanders loves bleek. Asp fucking love gudgeons, same does volga zanders. All on bottom.

regarding baitfish.

I can do about 30-40 gudeon an hour in winding about the same for bleeks in old burg, roaches i get from sura pond and frogs are very easy to catch in both old burg and cottage pond. Its all about experience and know-how. 

I really dont seen the problem with livebait fishing at the moment, but i also agree that right now you can be more successful with a spoon for most of the fish. But you also have way more experience fishing for those fish with spoon. 

Shamino is an old WOW friend of mine, and i do really respect him as a player, but 10 hours of fishing, with crucians and roach on sura.. thats not trying.

So my point of view is: Put in the time, like really. And then we can start asking for tweeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pesky baitfish no good at catchin pike. HA!  Sorry couldnt help myself.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180628_130605.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mqg said:

@Tenzen xD What lake is that?

Mix of Burg and Volkov. Burg was bad pike weather but they were still doing ok. The rest were from volkov when I saw the total weight pike comp goin on I decided to kill the rest of the baitfish for that, placed 10th.

If anyone says baitfish is not good for pike... seriously go look at the weekly and overall pike records. May you be blown away. Totally nuts what was caught today on a perch!

Edited by Enzo Matrix

18 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

If anyone says baitfish is not good for pike... seriously go look at the weekly and overall pike records. May you be blown away. Totally nuts what was caught today on a perch!

Been doing a bit of livebait fishing on the float, not got any complaints and had a fair few 4 -5 kg pike from various waters, this one came from the pond at Sura ..

Spoiler

5b37c49cf21b2_pikeatsura.thumb.png.7d67d87c2f192cbdbc6e502c618cf958.png

• Like 1