Sign in to follow this  
Darkje

The Venga 10000 model

A while back the look of the best spinning reel in the game -the Venga 10000- changed. This reel is expensive and should look good, and it did before the change. The spool looked like what you would expect from a 10k model, big and bold.

But now the spool looks kind of narrow and elongated, never looks fills with line and the line on the spool looks odd. Also the the bail-arm never reaches the top of the spool in the animation. Did the models get mixed up somehow?

Picture shows the old on the left and the new on the right, and I think we can all agree the left one looked better. I'm not complaining about the functioning, that seems okay to me.

643078198_vengaspool.thumb.PNG.a77df81e15b589396882b7b7cf7fd66a.PNG

Edited by Darkje

1 hour ago, Darkje said:

A while back the look of the best spinning reel in the game -the Venga 10000- changed. This reel is expensive and should look good, and it did before the change. The spool looked like what you would expect from a 10k model, big and bold.

But now the spool looks kind of narrow and elongated, never looks fills with line and the line on the spool looks odd. Also the the bail-arm never reaches the top of the spool in the animation. Did the models get mixed up somehow?

Picture shows the old on the left and the new on the right, and I think we can all agree the left one looked better. I'm not complaining about the functioning, that seems okay to me.

643078198_vengaspool.thumb.PNG.a77df81e15b589396882b7b7cf7fd66a.PNG

Thank you for the report. As for the spool - the one on the left is incorrect - you never fill a spool all the way IRL as it can create line slippage and a rats nest. The one on the right is correct, there should always be a gap about .5 cm between the max width of your line and the edge of the spool. As for the bail we will need to look at in game.

• Like 2

I agree it should not be to the edge, but 0.5 cm is too much and will decrease the casting distance irl., i usually keep to about 2mm and don't cast any bird nests. When compared to other reels in the game it looks like all of those are wrong then, if it would follow that 5mm rule?

24 minutes ago, Darkje said:

I agree it should not be to the edge, but 0.5 cm is too much and will decrease the casting distance irl., i usually keep to about 2mm and don't cast any bird nests. When compared to other reels in the game it looks like all of those are wrong then, if it would follow that 5mm rule?

This isn't an argument, it was a response to your complaint on one particular reel.