I tried this location few times and I did not have much luck no matter what gear/weather and so on. Very boring. Also, river is literally deserted - nobody is fishing there.

Only good catch is this lovely guy on Mayfly larva and hook 6:

Spoiler

0eD1j16.png

I decided to spent at least 24 in game hours at this location every time I play the game to see what is going on. Sad to report not that much.
First of all no matter what time/day it is there is only me and 5 other folks playing at the same time. 
Second, no fish caught visible on the chat so no one is more or less lucky.
Third, I was looking at some tutorials/tips on the river and again apart from few outdated YT vids from the launch day there is not much - to summarize, Belaya is not popular. 
Now the fish, there is almost no activity no matter setup/weather/time of day.
The only repeatable thing for me is Brown Trout on beetle/warble fly in the deepest part of the river biting at night - setup and my two last nice trouts below. I can usually get 3-5 Trouts per night around 800g each.
As far as Taimien is concerned - I will keep trying as its one of the last two species that I did not get yet but no luck so far. It was funny to see some streamers getting this fish with their very first cast on this river, I`m no streamer so no Taimien for me ;)

I also got few small pikes on the opposite side in the shallows and  very big one that cut off the line sadly.

Trout setup:

Spoiler

RVSOSEG.png

cue8S6w.png

BctxfPd.png

Edited by bart86pl
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

yeah I go to Belaya usually once every time I play, and give her a go. Check the records, see whats worked... Try them out or anything else that I think should work... spinning or feeder.. and usually end up with a few chubs, perch, and like 1 brown trout if im lucky. I really dont understand whats wrong with the AI in this location, but I so badly want to catch fish here lol. 

Hey guys I hope this can help.

I found that during the day brown trout can bite on "surface" lures like the small funky minnows. Speed up and twitching retrieve methods work good and you will eventually catch big chub and nice graylings. Try to make the lures work both upstream and downstream at the start and and at the end of the deep hole. You will also find browns in the north 3m channel. Minnow-like lures work best there, because of the strong downstream current. Spoons will not JigStep properly: better to cast them upstream and find the best retrieve speed that will make them JigStep. Slow retrieve and twitching gave me best results on minnows. The only Taimen I cought was on Hunter 1 lure cast in the southern 3m hole, upstream, 30 retrieve speed on the Gold 80's reel. 

Also if you are up in feeder fishing then you can try the deep hole with a strong setup to catch catfish, burbot, sterlet and other goodies on nightcrawlers.  Thank you @bart86pl for pointing at Warble flies to catch browns in the deep hole at night!

Belaya is a mid level stream, so do not expect tons of trout and taimen. They are "bonus" catches, while the base fish population is the same low level stuff you can find everywhere in RF4 maps.

Tight lines all.

JJ

• Like 3

My first Taimen, 73:46 (next to the campfire), clouds, no wind 17.00 on grasshopper, full cast in to the deep hole:

Spoiler

A25I6Zs.png

wLuwb2e.png

Edited by bart86pl
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, Townsend28 said:

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10473_20180806_224648.thumb.png.160c5c3edd8a3cb258c1ed56278081ce.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10473_20180806_224630.thumb.png.29e0526cd333da44076fcb2b343bdc1a.png

Just incase those who want the proof that Belaya has fish to be caught..

100 fish (+2 2kg+ Grayling for the 123 silver Cafe Order) using 1 Spinning rod and 3 different Spoons. 2h 47m.

What spots do you recommend??

Great Lake to cath Grayling and Brown trout. My position is 73:57. I like to share my setup and that fish i cath.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11274_20181212_165139.thumb.png.b3746ecda8b28baaa5e6c9102e827cc6.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11274_20181212_163903.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11274_20181212_164433.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11274_20181212_164505.png

• Like 7

12 hours ago, KaplanJunior said:

Se ha intentado un poco después de la actualización en Belaya. Y aquí están los resultados. Misma posición y puesto de configuración antes.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11300_20181213_182932.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11300_20181213_191117.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11300_20181213_200103.png

I agree with you. Now, Belaya is fun, to see how long it lasts.

73.51 Small wobblers and spinners - a lot of grayling and brown trouts 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11300_20181215_114751.thumb.png.b36409e01097438049790198d1d75af1.png

well thanks @Levo now all i do is buying expensive ul gear and having fun :P

same Spot, lure you can see on the Screen.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11300_20181216_212721.png

• Like 3

When Belaya was introduced i was very excited, naturally, I went there with high expectations and left with a total disappointment after a 24 hour stay. Almost no catch, and the ones that made it into the net weren't worth mentioning. So I stayed away, but seeing these posts recently and watching some youtube vids, I decided to give it another try. I visited Belaya again, this time I spent 5 in-game days. First of all I'd like to thank the other contributing members for posting pics if their catches of brown trout and taimen, now I can say what those fish look like at least, cause sure as hell I didn't catch one. 

Generally speaking it takes about 2-3 casts with a lure to get a bite or a catch on any map - I am speaking of my experience only - but here it took me around 25-30 casts for a fish. 90 % of these were small perch, chub and pike (the biggest was 1.6 kg). I had 2 graylings in total, 400 g and 722 g. 

Most of the activity took place at night, I had 2 feeders in different spots (I have tried all the spots mentioned in the above posts), generally speaking I had 1-2 burbots/night around 1-2 kg. My keepnet had about 7-10 fish after 24 hours.

I tried all the lures mentioned by other contributors, all the bait recommended for bottom fishing in this water body and after 5 in-game days here is my result:

The only things worth mentioning are:

- a 6.4 kg and a 7.3 kg burbot

- a 2.3 kg sterlet

Went with low expectations, still left dissapointed. 

Spoiler

20181223065200_1.jpg

Spoiler

20181223065354_1.jpg

Spoiler

20181223064426_1.jpg

Edited by Gytautelis

2 hours ago, BattleAxiss said:

Cuando se presentó Belaya, estaba muy emocionado, naturalmente, fui allí con grandes expectativas y me fui con una decepción total después de una estadía de 24 horas. Casi ninguna captura, y las que llegaron a la red no valían la pena mencionarlas. Así que me mantuve alejado, pero al ver estos mensajes recientemente y ver algunos videos de YouTube, decidí intentarlo de nuevo. Visité a Belaya nuevamente, esta vez pasé 5 días en el juego. En primer lugar, me gustaría agradecer a los otros miembros contribuyentes por publicar fotos si sus capturas de trucha marrón y taimen, ahora puedo decir cómo se ven esos peces al menos, porque seguro que no atrapé una. 

En general, se necesitan de 2 a 3 lanzamientos con un señuelo para obtener un bocado o una captura en cualquier mapa (solo hablo de mi experiencia), pero aquí me tomó entre 25 y 30 lanzamientos para un pez. El 90% de estas fueron pequeñas percas, cañas y lucios (el más grande fue de 1.6 kg). Tuve 2 graylings en total, 400 gy 722 g. 

La mayor parte de la actividad se llevó a cabo durante la noche, tuve 2 comederos en diferentes lugares (probé todos los lugares mencionados en las publicaciones anteriores), en general tuve 1-2 burbots / noche alrededor de 1-2 kg. Mi keepnet tenía unos 7-10 peces después de 24 horas.

Probé todos los señuelos mencionados por otros colaboradores, todos los cebos recomendados para la pesca de fondo en este cuerpo de agua y después de 5 días de juego aquí está mi resultado:

Las únicas cosas que vale la pena mencionar son:

- Un 6.4ot y un burbot de 7.3 kg.

- Un esterete de 2,3 kg.

Fui con bajas expectativas, todavía me decepcionó. 

Ocultar contenidos

20181223065200_1.jpg

Ocultar contenidos

20181223065354_1.jpg

Ocultar contenidos

20181223064426_1.jpg

Belaya is more focused to use UL equipment. If you do not have it, there will be more disappointments than joys.

• Like 2

When the temperature is below 13 C* (Just look in the top right, don't worry about what temperature the forecast says) the spin fishing for grayling and brown trout is awesome. You get an occasional asp or pike depending on where you cast.

I used a very cheap light setup. Rod was 2 - 10 g test, 4.5kg max weight; Reel was 4kg max drag; used 4.4kg fluorocarbon line.

My spin fishing skill is around 65%, i used small spinners (pomor 3cm & akkila 4cm) & you pretty much catch a fish every cast. I would cast at either tip of the map, & next to the rocks.

With premium & happy hour + the light exp bonus (50%) i would get around 5k+ experience for a 900g+ brown trout or a 1kg+ grayling. (For reference, a 5kg grass carp gives around the same amount of experience).

The bigger graylings sell between 10 - 15s and from 1 hour of fishing i made 170s with no cafe orders.

Belaya is a great place to fish with light gear and i definitely recommend it. You will make at LEAST 200s an hour if you have feeder rods out. I did strictly spinning and a tiny bit of afk'ing during my hour.

You will catch much bigger fish on kuori, but you will  always get one that can spool you & put up lengthy fights that are not worth it; unless you have a high level UL setup ( costs ~7000+ silver).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2