Sign in to follow this  
jhendrix61978

Taimen

Tamien.thumb.png.019cbcbdf877dfbda109825e302da7bf.png

Taimen
The taimen or Siberian taimen is a fish species of the salmon family. It lives in many water bodies of Siberia and the Far East. It may also be found in large rivers of the European part of Russia. Beside fish, this predator's diet includes small mammals caught in the water.
Taimen's elongated body is covered with small scales. It has a dark brown, sometimes greenish, back, light brown sides with dark spots, and a whitish belly. Taimen's head is flattened and equipped with sharp curved teeth, thus resembling that of a pike. For this reason, in the Urals it is sometimes called the "red pike". 
 Adult taimen can reach impressive size of 1.5 to 2 meters and weigh more than 60 kg. The average size of an adult fish usually does not exceed 70 cm, with a body weight of 3 to 4 kg.

How come no1 has caught a trophy yet? WHERE ARE THEY? Been trying and trying. Many have been. They are not in Belaya.

rf4_4.0.14141_20200308_164953.png

rf4_4.0.13831_20200201_174434.png

rf4_4.0.12281_20190711_201250.png

rf4_4.0.12281_20190710_213126.png

• Like 1

Spent few days to find what they bite this week, since i saw only small ones get caught on usual stuff. The lure was a surprise!

rf4_4.0.14177_20200326_124553.png

rf4_4.0.14177_20200326_152950.png

• Like 1

Yesterday was crazy on jerks, today not so much. But its fun. Could mods actually confirm that Taimen trophies are in the game though? I heard rumors way ago that they were taken off to rebalance their behavior(?) Taimem runs are different now, from what they used to be a year or so ago imho but i could be wrong.

Im just asking are trophies in the game @Pindobinha @Elwoodiath2, its like the fish I target the most recently in hopes of the trophy. #DREAM Cheers 

20 minutes ago, kmartw0w said:

Yesterday was crazy on jerks, today not so much. But its fun. Could mods actually confirm that Taimen trophies are in the game though? I heard rumors way ago that they were taken off to rebalance their behavior(?) Taimem runs are different now, from what they used to be a year or so ago imho but i could be wrong.

Im just asking are trophies in the game @Pindobinha @Elwoodiath2, its like the fish I target the most recently in hopes of the trophy. #DREAM Cheers 

Hello,
We're in the same boat, I do target it a lot, it's really fun to fight. Your technique with jerkbaits indeed works good, I tried it and caught few small ones, congratz for discovering that.
About the trophy, it does exists, but it must be very rare.

Regards,
Pindobinha.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SToKTiBaDCiRYo said:

Hi. I have never used the Sbirolino technique. How does this work? What technique do you use?

Sbirolino with a soft lure is bugged and no technique will work, no message will appear above tension bar. However Taimen used to bite good on the blue foam fish while mimicking jig step retrieval. You can try use that. Simple jig step rig works as well.

Notable: Sbirolino with a lure like for ex. small spoon can be jig stepped or used as stop n go and so for, don't mistaken these two.

Sibolino in general is used to cast small lures over wast distances, and taimen like to hang around the other side near rocks of Belaya in my experiance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kmartw0w said:

Sbirolino con un señuelo suave está molesto y ninguna técnica funcionará, no aparecerá ningún mensaje sobre la barra de tensión. Sin embargo, Taimen solía morder bien en el pez de espuma azul mientras imitaba la recuperación de la plantilla. Puedes intentar usar eso. El aparejo simple de paso de plantilla también funciona.

Notable:  Sbirolino con un señuelo como por ejemplo. la cuchara pequeña se puede pisar o usar como tope y marcha, por lo tanto, no confunda estos dos.

Sibolino en general se usa para lanzar pequeños señuelos sobre las distancias de los desperdicios, y a mi taimen le gusta pasar el otro lado cerca de las rocas de Belaya en mi experiencia.

Thanks, I'll try. I'm curious, another thing that I have left aside is creating spoons and other gadgets, I have that skill very low, so I can't try the other technique with the blue fish.

2 minutes ago, SToKTiBaDCiRYo said:

Thanks, I'll try. I'm curious, another thing that I have left aside is creating spoons and other gadgets, I have that skill very low, so I can't try the other technique with the blue fish.

20% needed for foam fish crafting is very cheap and easy to unluck. Good luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kmartw0w said:

El 20% necesario para la elaboración de peces de espuma es muy barato y fácil de quitar. Buena suerte.

No, if I go for 60%, I need a lot for 100%, I left it too long abandoned. 

Posted (edited)

True, i though you need foam fish.

IF you are intrested I power leveled last two days from 0 to 85% with a cost of under 4k silver. Its not that bad if you per your hooks and craft during all HH

Edited by kmartw0w