Largonaute1

Wobblers on/above bottom

With the last patch ("- improved the physics interaction between lures and the bottom surface during reeling", it is now very clear when trolling a wobbler, that it sometimes scratches the bottom.

Question: is it necessary to maintain a wobbler above the bottom surface for it to work in optimal conditions ? Or is it favourable to let it scratch it (at least it catches mussels...) ?

1 hour ago, Largonaute1 said:

With the last patch ("- improved the physics interaction between lures and the bottom surface during reeling", it is now very clear when trolling a wobbler, that it sometimes scratches the bottom.

Question: is it necessary to maintain a wobbler above the bottom surface for it to work in optimal conditions ? Or is it favourable to let it scratch it (at least it catches mussels...) ?

Hello Largonaute1,

Yes, it is necessary to keep it off the bottom for optimal use.

Regards,

Crucian

• Thanks 1

I thought it was a new feature the way the rod behaved. Makes sense then, but I don't know why it's the same when I'm cruising over the deep part of Ladoga with a 2,5m wobbler.

Which in turn makes me wonder how "at a depth of at least four meters" qualifier mission works. Is it the number on the wobbler that counts or the actual depth where it's at? 😛  

2 hours ago, AlternativeEgo said:

I thought it was a new feature the way the rod behaved. Makes sense then, but I don't know why it's the same when I'm cruising over the deep part of Ladoga with a 2,5m wobbler.

Which in turn makes me wonder how "at a depth of at least four meters" qualifier mission works. Is it the number on the wobbler that counts or the actual depth where it's at? 😛  

Hello, 

The map isn't 100% accurate, it's approximate image of the bottom, but that doesn't mean that you can't have bumps, or shallower areas than what it says on the map.
For the mission, your wobbler must be running on 4m or under in order to counts. So, if you use a 4m wobbler on a 2m area, it will not work. Also, if your wobbler is still sinking when the fish bite, and not sunk to 4m yet, it will not count.

Regards,
Pindobinha.

• Thanks 1

Got that mission I mentioned done today with a "3m" wobbler. Not sure if I should send Ylin-Uistin the lure back or a thank you card. Now I'm curious which speed is required to hit that labeled depth mark. The boat takes it way deeper for sure. 

question about trolling:  does cast distance matter when you are trolling? it is important for me cause sometimes i want to troll in a small area were i spin around.

If the line is too long it will barely move in one place in the center of the circle so i want to know if casting 10-15 meters just behind the boat would decrease bite rate .

8 hours ago, Crapu said:

question about trolling:  does cast distance matter when you are trolling? it is important for me cause sometimes i want to troll in a small area were i spin around.

If the line is too long it will barely move in one place in the center of the circle so i want to know if casting 10-15 meters just behind the boat would decrease bite rate .

In my experience there is no negative effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1