Sign in to follow this  
Largonaute1

Qualification - 3 kg fish with a Telescopic rod

On my way to Stage 2 of Telescopic rods qualification, I'm stuck with this requirement: "Catch a fish weighing at least 3kg".

I am Level 29 and my strongest setup is a Redstick tele rod (cap. 8kg) + FC 7.7kg, looks well above the requirement.

I went to Old Burg at 21:67, fished there a couple of hours to see who is there and got nothing bigger than a 3kg black carp.

Thinking I was safe, I tried the above setup. After less then 5mn I got a superb bite, ... followed by a superb breakage.

Same story the next day, almost immediately also.

I interpret this as a clear message from The Game that this setup is not sufficient, which is curious for a Stage 2.

The new Qualification system is made to encourage players to follow a certain progression; but is it a normal progression to have such a strong telescopic rod so early ?

At stage 4 there is even a requirement for a 6kg fish !

I am reluctant to invest in a heavier telescopic rod as I don't feel safe without a reel when it comes to this range of size.

Questions

Did some one pass this Stage 2 and how ?

Are you guys using the heavy telescopic rods, and how ?

If I had to, I would buy the Blade Spirit 700 (18kg - $3357); someone knows this rod ?

• Like 1

I use Blade Inferno 700, completed it at Amber Lake with 11kg Frame-sided Carp, you can try amber with a bit of luck to get 3-5kg mirror or something like that or try some other lakes or rivers, not only Old Burg, shoul work with 8kg tele rods too