Sign in to follow this  
LadyofGames

Common Roach

c.roach_m.thumb.png.ce08af840f1cf84351aa4bf077667217.png

The Common Roach is a genus of the Cyprinidae family. It is widespread in fresh and brackish waterbodies in Europe and Northern Asia. It lives in Siberian rivers and lakes, in the basins of the Caspian Sea and the Aral Sea. There are numerous subspecies of roach, differing in their life cycle, among which there are non-migrating forms (common roach and Rutilus rutilus lacustris, known in Russia as Siberian roach) as well as semi-diadromous ones (e.g. taran and vobla). Common roach occurs in small rivers and brooks as well as in big rivers, lakes and reservoirs. It prefers warm and quiet water bodies with sandy bottoms and aquatic plants. Common roach lives in small shoals. It feeds mainly on algae, green plants, insect larvae, mollusks and other invertebrates. Large roach may feed on larvae and tadpoles. Roach’s body is elongated and moderately flattened along flanks. Its grayish black dorsal surface shimmers with blue and green tinge, the rest of the body is silvery white. The scales are big and tightly embedded. Dorsal and caudal fins are greenish gray with shade of red, pelvic and anal fins are red. Roach can be recognized by its eyes as there is a characteristic red spot in the upper part of its iris. Its pharyngeal teeth form one row. Common roach reaches the length of 30 cm.

I would like for all of you to collocate our trophies to have more information about each fish, not just the record table, we will surely see baits and maps that do not appear in the record table

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9342_20180222_223803.png

Just thought i would share this..

My Trophy Common Roach i got at Mosquito Lake Still stands as The Waterbody top Record (i think on All servers)

Spoiler

15f3920.png

Setup
Basic Bottom Rig on Feeder Rod.
5Kg mono
15G sinker
RED Worm on #1 Hook

Edited by Sshadow
clarity
  • Like 2

@Sshadow  Nice info man!    I still trying to work out game mechanics :) A SIZE 1 hook for a Trophy roach ,just doesn't make sense to me lol!   OR am I missing something here?

What do you mean?
I did say #1 not #1/0 (1/0 is much bigger)

But they are bother Very Small Hooks when it comes to fishing.
(i rarely put a worm on anything less than #1 it makes no sense if 80% of the worm is not near the hook and fish will just take it off.)
Everyone seems to have their own was and Success.

For me #1 Hook would be too small to even use my Roaches Own Eyeballs for bait :D
This is a close approximation.

Spoiler

29vo5cw.png

See if i wanted to use Roach eyeballs for bait i would need a #1/0 maybe #2/0 hook :D :D LMAO

• Like 1

Copy and pasted directly from the user guide provided from the devs on this forum. You can either go by random guesses or info from the devs. I also have a 1.6kg roach from mosquito from a size 13 hook.

When choosing a hook, pay attention to its price and manufacturer. Cheap hooks will most likely turn out to be of low quality.

The size of the hook to choose depends in the first place on the size of the fish that you intend to catch with it.

Sizes are given in international format. 24 is the smallest, 4/0 is the biggest.

• Large fish, e.g. carp: #4 and bigger.

Bream: #10 - #6 Crucian carp, common roach, vimba: #16 - #10 Small fish, like bleak, dace, gudgeon: #24 - #18.

If you don’t target a particular fish species, we recommend fixing upon sizes from #16 to #12. The hook of such size would suffice for fishing various moderate-size fish.

Consider the size of bait as well. For setting the hook successfully when fishing with small bait like bloodworm or maggot, use hooks with a size up to about #16 to #14.

A quick internet search will also tell you things like this.

To catch a wide variety of fish, use a small hook. For example, a number five size hook can catch fish from a quarter pound to 25 pounds. However, angling and landing that number 25 fish, when using a small number five hook, requires careful angling and a gaff or a net at landing.

I did say everyone has their own ways of catching fish.

Well that Fish was 38cm long
A #1 Hook is 12mm wide x 30mm long approx
So its pretty close as the fish mouth was about 35mm from tip to jaw hinge.

Also Regardless of the fish size if i am using a worm it makes no sense to use a tiny hook i mean where would i fit the worm a red worm is about 10cm long when grown
If i am using a hook thats like 4mm wide and 8mm (#20) long where so i put rest of worm?

4 hours ago, Sshadow said:

Also Regardless of the fish size if i am using a worm it makes no sense to use a tiny hook i mean where would i fit the worm a red worm is about 10cm long when grown
If i am using a hook thats like 4mm wide and 8mm (#20) long where so i put rest of worm?

Yeah that makes sense , that's why im trying to work out the game mechanics.Hope the devs can add some input on this :)

20 hours ago, Sshadow said:

Your estimate of the length of real life redworm doesnt apply. Its simply a 1g bait in the game. Also you run the hook multiple times into the side of the worm bunching it up and letting the barb still show. 10-13 is not a "tiny" category hook.

Edited by Tenzen

ahwell must be a country thing as there is no real set size for hooks internationally
And the sizes i used, used here / US and most of EU maybe not RU tho.

Also then im not sure why we are using baby worms ingame..
Adult Night crawlers are about 8 Inches long (and about 10-15 grams)
why do we only have baby worms (4g)

Edited by Sshadow

7 hours ago, Sshadow said:

ahwell must be a country thing as there is no real set size for hooks internationally
And the sizes i used, used here / US and most of EU maybe not RU tho.

Also then im not sure why we are using baby worms ingame..
Adult Night crawlers are about 8 Inches long (and about 10-15 grams)
why do we only have baby worms (4g)

Although it is very much simulator, it is also a game, not everything will be like you perceive irl even tho so much of it is. At least that's how I am assuming it is now as a game that is only 45% complete or so. I do however take to heart what the devs suggest as far as hook sizes and baits (to a certain point)

I have never weighed my worms that I dig or buy so Idk about all of your estimates but yes I am sure everything varies by region some.

Sorry im not trying to argue or go off topic at all but i feel i must post this to make clear im not just making up size guesses from the top of my head completely.
Here are pics taken ingame tonight at 1920x1080 res (no editing was done but cropped them they are same size as ingame)

Normal Worm on 3 hook sizes #20, #10, #1 Long shank hook (Happy Hook CL-13 S)

Spoiler

14ccphx.png

#20 hook is hidden would not catch anything much, #10 most of worm would hang of more chance fish grabbed that bit.
#1 about right size but still iffy.

Night Crawler on #4/0 Hook

Spoiler

331kkrm.png

Cheers.

Zoomed in pics of the end of your rod, I dont see how that applies at all or how it would apply more then the suggestions provided in the devs guide. Thats just a model.

Yes NC are huge bait 5g's

Even a 150g Perch can be put on a 4 hook in the game. So you kinda gotta assume big baits can go on smaller hooks in the game.

Edited by Tenzen

Bear Lake Global Record and first blue :D

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11833_20190328_175239.thumb.png.6527d011a12d5b185c26dd29dd79adf8.png

Information

Weather: Overcast

Time: 22:00

Temperature: 12ºC

Clip: 24m

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11833_20190328_175742.thumb.png.e230a556b6602e9a0e034e7ecbbc47d5.png

• Like 5