bream_m.thumb.png.98fa974275ceee0da7a45d1e48929250.png

The Common Bream or Bream is a fish species in the family Cyprinidae. It is a valuable game fish. Its original native range is Central and Eastern Europe. Now it is much wider as this fish was introduced into many new habitats. In the north, it occurs up to the White Sea and the eastern part of the Barents Sea.  It lives in rivers of Siberia and Kazakhstan, Karelia, Estonia and Finland, in the lower reaches of the Dniepr, the Volga and the Kuban, in the delta of the Danube. Bream is widespread in Caucasus, in the basins of the Black Sea, the Caspian Sea and the Sea of Azov. It prefers still warm water with a sandy and slightly silted or clay bottom. Bream's favorite areas are deep backwaters, pools, cavities on the bottom, far from the bank. It avoids cold rivers with strong currents. Bream lives in shoals, is cautious and timid. It reacts to even the slightest noise. Bream feed on algae, worms, insect larvae, snails. Its body is flattened, its height is about one third of its length. Young bream are silvery white, adult fish are darker, with gold shimmer. The dorsal fin is high and short, its first rays are firm. Fins are gray, adult bream’s fins are black on their edges. The head is disproportionately small. Its protractile moth can form a pipe. It enables bream to extract feed from silt at the depth of about 5 to 6 cm. With its lips protracted, it pulls a mouthful of water, then spits it into silt, thus washing it out, and then gathers feed from it. In its pharynx, there are ten teeth in one row, that bream uses for holding and crushing its prey. The bream’s average body length is about 30 to 45 cm, large specimens reach a length of 75 cm. Its weight may reach 8 kg.

Hey quick question here, I recently caught a 4.39kg bream on Kuori lake and the fish didn't show up for top weekly bream nor was it a trophy. However I don't know if a bream of 4.39kg would be a "trophy", considering the fish species rarely exceeds 3.0-3.5kg but was just wondering if this is a bug or they have a system implemented that has certain qualifications for trophy. Here is a picture. I'm just curious why it hasn't showed up on weekly leader boards yet and if this fish is trophy worthy? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.8860_20171210_221627.thumb.png.179d67969ed15e2dd7ab757b34bda66f.png

7 hours ago, YuungSlave said:

Hey quick question here, I recently caught a 4.39kg bream on Kuori lake and the fish didn't show up for top weekly bream nor was it a trophy. However I don't know if a bream of 4.39kg would be a "trophy", considering the fish species rarely exceeds 3.0-3.5kg but was just wondering if this is a bug or they have a system implemented that has certain qualifications for trophy. Here is a picture. I'm just curious why it hasn't showed up on weekly leader boards yet and if this fish is trophy worthy? Thanks in advance.

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171210_221627.thumb.png.179d67969ed15e2dd7ab757b34bda66f.png

Hello YuungSlave,

Trophy breams start at higher weight. As for your weekly, sometimes it takes longer for it to show up, but eventually it shows up. I can see your weekly leaderboard bream in the game.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.8860_20171211_121738.png

I would like for all of you to collocate our trophies to have more information about each fish, not just the record table, we will surely see baits and maps that do not appear in the record table

in this case it shows that with a simple worm you can get a big fish

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9342_20180222_223746.png

• Like 1

new personal record for doubts in the photos the team leaves
capture time 7:00
a personal datum is not a 100% accurate datum is something personal loose reels of brake (12-16% depends on the reel) is a fish that eats very rough and does not like to notice tencion when it leaves running with the bait in the mouth
also little speed (20max) to be able to check the rods without making much noise is a somewhat delicate fish

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9342_20180223_001546.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9342_20180223_001812.png

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 7:23 PM, RickGepeto said:

Good spots for bream in Volkhov river?

Start right there at the quay- cast out as far as you can. The bite slows down mid-day but otherwise is pretty consistent. The quay at the small town or on the bank just upstream is also decent- I caught a trophy there recently. Yseraysera- before the patch it didn't seem to matter but now fluoro gets more bites faster in my experience. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fishnatic said:

Start right there at the quay- cast out as far as you can. The bite slows down mid-day but otherwise is pretty consistent. The quay at the small town or on the bank just upstream is also decent- I caught a trophy there recently. Yseraysera- before the patch it didn't seem to matter but now fluoro gets more bites faster in my experience. 

75% skill botton fishing is bad actually 70 %

Bream got Big mouth IRL

Im using Large Hook (#1) and having no issue hooking fish after fish
and they the small bream at 2nd lake.

1 minute ago, Retvolki said:

Fish:

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9636_20180409_160515.thumb.png.38f16beaa27cd04e8ccb6d67921c0c2c.png

Gear:

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9636_20180409_162355.thumb.png.e69f4e533647ca899c624444a3523c97.png

Caught it in Volkhov, 97:127 at 1:20 am

Finally!!! :D 

Great catch on a brave Fortuna Feeder B|

• Like 2

Hi Guys

One of our RF4 players got some problems with catching Breams at Volkhov. He was catching them easy few days ago but now he cant. He might need some advice and tips. Please share your knowledge , Thanks :) I am sure we can help him :) 

That player is me
and probably most will agree with me
that something has changed in the game and that Bream is no longer easy to catch
ie. Very rare fish
I mean specimens of 2kg and more

Hi Nikola Dukic

You might have notice that something has changed in the game and if you were fishing at this same spot that you were successfully catching bream last few days, now, you might not have the same results. Here is what you could do :

- Try to find a new spot - fish probably changed a spot and moved to different location. - Its good to have few spots on every water body to check it out when fish stopped biting on other spot, so please try to discover more spots.

- Try to find a new preferable bait - the fish might not like pea porridge any more as much as they did few days ago

- Try to check the weather conditions - the weather probably changed and affected the bream 

- Try to use thinner line/thinner leader or try smaller hooks - this might help you with getting more bites.

Regards

Levo

9 hours ago, Nikola Dukic said:

That player is me
and probably most will agree with me
that something has changed in the game and that Bream is no longer easy to catch
ie. Very rare fish

Hi Nikola Dukic

I don't normally fish for Bream but you might want to try those spots

Spoiler

InkedInkedrf4_4.0.10149_20180627_121611_LI.thumb.jpg.b88f33e4808b58e9f0da1e5431d1d05d.jpg

Regards

Levo

• Like 1

New spot ? I am not sure, but it might be worth a try here 36.42 Pea Porridge, Red Worm

Spoiler

Inkedrf4_4.0.10243_20180728_202711_LI.thumb.jpg.4140f22314136a558de89b0a0bd52863.jpg

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10243_20180728_202930.thumb.png.ece2b67ab32c5a8411d0bab65b1b4220.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10243_20180728_210059.thumb.png.8cf33c40d991098617c1cf55111ee209.png

• Thanks 1

I've been snooping around in the Russian forum, especially in the Bream and Volkhov topics, and I noticed that the guys that were very successful always had medium 8 or medium 6 hooks, they had full nets in 2.5 - 4 hrs with any where from 3 to 7 trophy bream, they are catching on all bait though there was mention of baits not always working. They switched baits out, once they weren't catching anything. I decided to try out a couple more things that were recommended to by some players in game. Switch to all flouro line instead of braid with flouro leader. 

I will say that I had more bites on all flouro line and medium hooks, I'll be trying thinner flouro since I'm using 9.7 kg test I think it .39mm diameter, just need to save up some though.

I also noticed that bream seems to be very active during early morning (~4:00 - ~10:00 sometime later) and evening (~15:00 - ~23:00 sometimes later) to be fairly successful in catching fish don't target just bream. I generally go 0:00-3:00 target burbot, cats with night crawler, red worm and pieces of fish, then 3:00 - 24:00 go pea porridge, pearl barley, casters, red worm, blood worm, wheat grain, regular worm, and maggots for roach, tench, bream, and anything else that bites, I get a full net in about 3 hrs and quite often can fill in 2-3 cafe orders in one go. I think success comes in target a wide variety of fish and switching things up, no bites on a particular bait for 10-15 min change it, no bites at a particular spot move and so on. 

On 6/26/2018 at 10:07 PM, Nikola Dukic said:

ie. Very rare fish

when i was using braid and a flouro leader a 2kg bream was super lucky for me, switched to all flouro line (9.7 kg so pretty thick) i noticed a considerable increase in bites of 2kg+, im thinking go smaller diameter and I'll get even more bites of 2kg+, guys on the russian forum were catching on 5kg line.

Edited by Wanpug
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Aunduro said:

Usually overcast and low temps like 8-10 i believe and late at night

Interesting, my spread sheet shows that all my bream catches happen in temps between 11-20 nothing below 11. 

heres a little snippet of my spread sheet

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.470316a7469787956d5fc28849c77ece.PNG

The headings are Fish, Bait, Ground bait, rig, hook, weather, time of day, temperature, wind speed, wind direction, coords, weight, XP, "trophy tag". all these were caught on mosquito 2-3 days ago.

17 hours ago, Wanessa said:

So what temps /weather do the bream like? 

I only record for one hour each time I fish, its actually quite difficult lose a lot of fish like that. I noticed that mostly bream bites early morning/morning 4:00-10:00 and evening 16:00-23:00, there are a few outside of those time frames. It also seems like Sunny/clear is the majority of my bites. Though can say I've caught bream in every single weather type.

Of course these aren't rigid boundaries, you can catch bream anytime. 

They say fishing is a game of patience, and this game is no different, I've been going for a trophy bream for 3 months now and the biggest I caught was actually yesterday and it was a 4.04 kg and that is when is switched from a 9.7 kg line to a 7.7 kg line. Patience and persistence and it will pay off

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aunduro said:

I got my Trophy 5.4KG i think it was during the night and it was sub 10 degrees on volkhov

Ahh that makes sense, volkhov gets pretty low as does Old burg, my sample space is mosquito so not so low :) my bad, missed the fact that other maps have different temps