KiltedJock

More info please

Patch Notes 12/29/2020:

• Introduced a new type of bait - Freshwater Gammarus (scud). This bait can be obtained with a scoop or purchased from a fishing store.
  • Adjusted the size of the populations and the preferences of some species of fish on Tunguska River - can you tell us what species population was affected and whether this was increased or decreased? -  you done it for peleds below,  happy to tell us where an increase takes place please do the same for a negative change. 
  • On the Tunguska River the size of the Peled population has been increased. At the same time, its price in the fish market has been reduced.
  • The efficiency of float fishing in a current has been adjusted. Changes affect fishing with several rods at the same time - can you tell us exactly what's changed here many people now reporting that fishing with multiple rods is now severely affecting catch rates and can you also explain the reasoning behind such a weird decision?
  • The restriction on purchase amounts for goods in grocery stores has been increased from 100 to 300 pcs.
  • Increased the chance of catching New Year's gifts when fishing with a telescopic rod at the festive location on Mosquito Lake.  - this just does NOT feel like this happened at all personally know myself and several people that are now several hundred fish in and still no last bag - notably worse when before the change. 
  • Fixed. After visiting a player's home, some rods and rigs were not displayed correctly.
  • Fixed: Some animations on the water surface were not displayed correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiltedJock said:

Patch Notes 12/29/2020:

• Introduced a new type of bait - Freshwater Gammarus (scud). This bait can be obtained with a scoop or purchased from a fishing store.
  • Adjusted the size of the populations and the preferences of some species of fish on Tunguska River - can you tell us what species population was affected and whether this was increased or decreased? -  you done it for peleds below,  happy to tell us where an increase takes place please do the same for a negative change. 
  • On the Tunguska River the size of the Peled population has been increased. At the same time, its price in the fish market has been reduced.
  • The efficiency of float fishing in a current has been adjusted. Changes affect fishing with several rods at the same time - can you tell us exactly what's changed here many people now reporting that fishing with multiple rods is now severely affecting catch rates and can you also explain the reasoning behind such a weird decision?
  • The restriction on purchase amounts for goods in grocery stores has been increased from 100 to 300 pcs.
  • Increased the chance of catching New Year's gifts when fishing with a telescopic rod at the festive location on Mosquito Lake.  - this just does NOT feel like this happened at all personally know myself and several people that are now several hundred fish in and still no last bag - notably worse when before the change. 
  • Fixed. After visiting a player's home, some rods and rigs were not displayed correctly.
  • Fixed: Some animations on the water surface were not displayed correctly.

Hello there, 

Spoiler

Adjusted the size of the populations and the preferences of some species of fish on Tunguska River - can you tell us what species population was affected and whether this was increased or decreased? -  you done it for peleds below,  happy to tell us where an increase takes place please do the same for a negative change. 

- The populations were neither decreased nor increased in the strict sense. They were redistributed.

Spoiler

The efficiency of float fishing in a current has been adjusted. Changes affect fishing with several rods at the same time - can you tell us exactly what's changed here many people now reporting that fishing with multiple rods is now severely affecting catch rates and can you also explain the reasoning behind such a weird decision?

- It's the same with a rod, there are no changes.

If you fish with two or three rods at the same time, it will be noticeable that there are no more bites on all rods at the same time, but rather offset.

Why this adjustment? Especially when fishing for high bite rate fish, it often happened that the fish bit at the same time, and the Angler can't set the hook for that rod. This change is intended to tune the bite rate based on number of rods being used to ensure the Angler can maximize their successful hook sets.

Best Regards,

RF4 Team

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KiltedJock said:

Increased the chance of catching New Year's gifts when fishing with a telescopic rod at the festive location on Mosquito Lake.  - this just does NOT feel like this happened at all personally know myself and several people that are now several hundred fish in and still no last bag - notably worse when before the change. 

Can you comment on this part of the question? I accede with KiltedJock. It looks like it is impossible to catch the last green gift (the one before premium gifts). None of the people I interact with managed to do that in last two days too. Some people caught  more than a thound fish trying to do that. Can this gift be bugged? If not, maybe you can tell what is the percentage to get one? It is absurdity to spend that much time on something which looks like not possible to achieve.
P.S It seems there are no such problem with other gifts.

• Like 1

I was left with one bag left to catch before the update and tried for it yesterday and caught within about 30mins of trying so it's possible. Before the update I spent a fair few hours trying to get the last bag with no result.

Thanks for answer JaggedRiz, seems it is not bugged than. But I still would like to get a comment from RF4 Team on that topic. Atleast five people i know has spent more than 10 hours on this gift without luck. Same goes with me. Would be cool to know atleast appromixate percentages, because if it is like 0.01 I do not want to even try anymore. It already became too much painful.

• Like 2

regarding that tunguska population stuff...well it's done bad. So far the game died more and more, less and less fish caught and even if you get a spot, the fish are too small. I don't mean we should only catch trophies but the fish are so small that selling them barely covers the costs of repairing the gear that got damaged during catching those fish, not to mention upgrading, thats fantasy, a dream maybe. And yes i know what is to know about the game , i don't play since today so i know how to take care of my gear. Anyway, this being said, tunguska gave me a bare minimum of cash to continue repairing my reels, replace lines and still get about 1000 silver per week maybe , so in 10-11 weeks i may get some upgrade to one of my reels. Long time but still, tunguska was the game , every other map downwards didnt even exist anymore since they were all useless. And here is were your update comes in place ... i went there after update and today too. OH MY GOD! i bought a month sub. thinking i will upgrade some of the gear, repair some other in next two months. well surprise. update comes , i done 200 silver in 1 hour of playing? that is worse than winding rivulet even. i kept trying for hours, same deal 150-200 silver per hour. in 5 hours barely got enough to repair one reel. Tunguska now is as dead as the others 90% of the time. and me as an idiot thought the game finally becomes at least slightly playable and actually spent some money . now i am stuck with 30 days sub. and nothing to do with it since there is no fish to catch. My catch rate decreased by at least 70%, its really bad. really bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arnisin said:

Can you comment on this part of the question? I accede with KiltedJock. It looks like it is impossible to catch the last green gift (the one before premium gifts). None of the people I interact with managed to do that in last two days too. Some people caught  more than a thound fish trying to do that. Can this gift be bugged? If not, maybe you can tell what is the percentage to get one? It is absurdity to spend that much time on something which looks like not possible to achieve.
P.S It seems there are no such problem with other gifts.

Caught the last premium gift 17 minutes before my reward of 7 days premium expired, so it works.

PS I invested 1 hour, actually 43 minutes was needed to get the last gift.

Hello guys, you can catch the gifts here at this spot too. Just got my last premium bag here, some other bags also came out of this spot.

Good luck 🙂

Inkedrf4_4.0.15763_20201231_014936_LI.jpg

On 12/30/2020 at 4:31 PM, GabrijelThe3rd said:

If you fish with two or three rods at the same time, it will be noticeable that there are no more bites on all rods at the same time, but rather offset.

Why this adjustment? Especially when fishing for high bite rate fish, it often happened that the fish bit at the same time, and the Angler can't set the hook for that rod. This change is intended to tune the bite rate based on number of rods being used to ensure the Angler can maximize their successful hook sets.

I really appreciate this change, it surely will take a lot of pressure away during float fishing!

Could I ask another question about this subject?

- Why do the big fish hit the weakest setup rod 95% of all time? All veterans notice and complain about it but we take it for granted now. All I would like to know is, is this intentional or a faulty rng?

Posted (edited)

Tung trolling has been incredible using crafted lures. Having a blast. I for sure have not seen a decrease in anything. Was a bit worried at first lol

very happy to see crafted stuff being very good. It was costly to get to 100 ^_^;

Edited by Enzo Matrix

On 12/30/2020 at 1:00 PM, Arnisin said:

Thanks for answer JaggedRiz, seems it is not bugged than. But I still would like to get a comment from RF4 Team on that topic. Atleast five people i know has spent more than 10 hours on this gift without luck. Same goes with me. Would be cool to know atleast appromixate percentages, because if it is like 0.01 I do not want to even try anymore. It already became too much painful.

We cannot give the numbers. What I can tell you is that it most certainly was increased, but due to the nature of probability it may not feel that way for some individuals. That being said if you keep fishing you will get the bags. I am now locking this topic as it was answers to a very specific question, not a general Q and A thread.