LadyofGames

Cooking Q&A

39 minutes ago, Cyprinus said:

Hi,

I unlocked the "Freshly picked cucumbers" skill a few days earlier, but I can't figure out how it works. It's not a big deal, I'm just curious, because I can buy cucumbers in the shop, if I eat them it shows in the log I ate cucumbers, but I can see other people eat Fresly picked cucumbers. I can't find a solution at the camp to make it, so how can I craft them? Thanks for the answers.

Esc - Crafting - Food - Freshly Pickled Cucumbers...

Personally I'd have used a gudgeon instead of a ruffe. I imagine that ruffe you put in is overpowering everything else :D

Great work and something to aspire to for sure.

*scowls at Tenzen while eating a 1.5/10 sausage on a stick*

I didnt actually craft that zander into soup, what you think I'm crazy? lol.. I did just decide to craft an 11kg salmon into caviar to see how much I would get out of it, and because yolo... It failed HAHA

• Haha 1

Speaking of caviar, does anybody know the effects of it? I ate one and it didnt do much of anything to fullness or comfort. It must have some hidden effect or something, Anybody know??

On 10/20/2018 at 5:23 AM, Tenzen said:

Speaking of caviar, does anybody know the effects of it? I ate one and it didnt do much of anything to fullness or comfort. It must have some hidden effect or something, Anybody know??

Have you tried to make groundbait with the caviar ? I do not have the skill for testing it at the moment, so i'm curious.

Were are toilet? You know, if you need to eat, you need to use toilet...

I know you just laugh on this but :D it is true!

(maybe this is wrong topic)

Edited by Kauris84

2 minutes ago, diggersby said:

Does food expire, because today i had 2 different lots of fried potatoes with bacon disappear

Not that I know of, it should stay in the inventory until we eat it. If its expiring now its abysmal idea lol

well i cooked 2 last night, logged on this morning only had 1 stack of 10 left ..ate 1 of the 10, took young un to cadets logged back on and that stack had gone.

12 minutes ago, diggersby said:

well i cooked 2 last night, logged on this morning only had 1 stack of 10 left ..ate 1 of the 10, took young un to cadets logged back on and that stack had gone.

Just checked, all my food that I crafted days ago is still here, it must be a bug. 

34 minutes ago, diggersby said:

Does food expire, because today i had 2 different lots of fried potatoes with bacon disappear

27 minutes ago, diggersby said:

@diggersbyFried Potatoes with Bacon is a single serving recipe. You may have mistook the 10/10 quality of your lovingly crafted taters and bacon for being portions.

I'd like to ask one question:

How come coffe has "quality" factor ??

I open a bag with instant coffe, put desired amount into thermos ( or whatever container I use) boil some water, pour the water to thermos with coffe and that's it. Coffe is the same no matter what.

How come coffe from the same bag can be of different quality ??

Is my character retarded and sometimes adds salt there or uses carrots instead of water that sometimes my coffe from one bag is of 8 quality and sometimes 1 ????

5 hours ago, Marcoz said:

I'd like to ask one question:

How come coffe has "quality" factor ??

I open a bag with instant coffe, put desired amount into thermos ( or whatever container I use) boil some water, pour the water to thermos with coffe and that's it. Coffe is the same no matter what.

How come coffe from the same bag can be of different quality ??

Is my character retarded and sometimes adds salt there or uses carrots instead of water that sometimes my coffe from one bag is of 8 quality and sometimes 1 ????

It is something to do with it being a video game probably, and not actual real life. In real life you can also use any fishing rig you can buy in a store without catching 100s of fish on other rigs first. In real life, drinking tea while standing in pouring rain will not actually make you any more comfortable. In real life, you dont have to earn your money for fishing gear from selling fish.

"I can do this in real life, so why is my video game different" Is literally the worst argument against any feature, or vs any game. It is in fact, not real life, it is not supposed to be. Quality on cooking items gives a sense of progression in the game, its basically just gating the ability to have the easiest control over your comfort, fullness, health to experience in doing the crafts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/4/2018 at 5:33 AM, Tenzen said:

It is something to do with it being a video game probably, and not actual real life.

"I can do this in real life, so why is my video game different" Is literally the worst argument against any feature, or vs any game. It is in fact, not real life, it is not supposed to be. 

Jesus this is one of the best answers I've ever seen on a gaming forum, theres so many times when this is all that needs to be said . :D

Saving this for future use.

kthxbai x

Edited by SwagnusSwagnusson